• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

ap drugs & psychedelics

apsucks

Ex-Bluelighter
How long after you stopped taking anti-psychotics were you able to trip again or get high?
For example i've seen people able to get high 8 months after their last dose of AP.
What ap did you use , how long you got off before you get high again.

it depends on the drug, ROA, length of time on the drug

if you're on pills it can be anywhere from 10-45 days

if you've had the long form IM injection it can take many many months

it depends on a lot of factors

generally if I had taken ONE 2mg risperidone or 10mg olanzapine pill (not daily, just ONE), it would take about 12 days until I could get high on LSD - just as an example

if you've been taking 2mg/10mg of those drugs DAILY for a year, it would take about 20+ days minimum, likely closer to 30 days.

these drugs typically have half lives longer than 24 hours which means the longer you take them the more the drug builds up in your system steadily, making it take longer to clear out of your system/receptors

some concern should be taken here, as for some people removing APs and then tripping can be a recipe for disaster. Stay safe.

Last edited:
generally if I had taken ONE 2mg risperidone or 10mg olanzapine pill (not daily, just ONE), it would take about 12 days until I could get high on LSD - just as an example
12 days, wow, APs are so heavy.

I'm itching to try a one time blast with a high DPT dose to see if it can power through the 300mg Quetiapine XR I'm taking.
I don't think so but if I can't trip off that at least I know

12 days, wow, APs are so heavy.

I'm itching to try a one time blast with a high DPT dose to see if it can power through the 300mg Quetiapine XR I'm taking.
I don't think so but if I can't trip off that at least I know
yeah, definitely won't work bro trust me

2nd gen APs (like quetiapine, olanzapine, risperidone etc) are EXCEEDINGLY efficient at blocking anything and everything at 5-HT2

the good news is quetiapine has a super short half life compared to the stuff I was on, you could probably trip after just 2-3 days or something

quetiapine half life = 7 hrs
olanzapine = 33 hrs

would leave your system way more quickly

also one thing I read while studying this is that APs effect on the receptor is LONGER than it's half life. For example a single dose of risperidone will completely saturate and block 5-HT with a half life of like 80 hours or some shit (I'm going off memory, idk, but yeah my point is like you said APs are fucking hardcore shit!)

yeah, definitely won't work bro trust me

2nd gen APs (like quetiapine, olanzapine, risperidone etc) are EXCEEDINGLY efficient at blocking anything and everything at 5-HT2

the good news is quetiapine has a super short half life compared to the stuff I was on, you could probably trip after just 2-3 days or something

quetiapine half life = 7 hrs
olanzapine = 33 hrs

would leave your system way more quickly
RIP okay all my drugs will be gathering dust then for the foreseeable future.
I should've tried back when I was on 100mg, would've loved a goodbye trip.

RIP okay all my drugs will be gathering dust then for the foreseeable future.
I should've tried back when I was on 100mg, would've loved a goodbye trip.
I apprehensively decided to take a break from tripping. My last LSD trip was 9 months ago.

I do miss it, but taking a long break was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

My brain is healing, my symptoms are fading. I love psychedelics so much, but they were doing way more harm than good in my life (and fucking up my brain).

I definitely had a psychological addiction going on.

Breaks are good!

Quetiapine is working very well with minimal side effects.
That's awesome man, and yeah out of the handful of APs I've tried seroquel was always my favorite, probably because it had the least amount of side effects and also a short half life

Yeah I came up with an arbitrary 1 year goal of no psychedelics. I've almost reached that goal. I might go even longer, not sure. Don't think about it much anymore.

Hell man, when I think about it I've tripped so many freaking times... I've seen the elf dimension way more than the average weekend-warrior LSD tripper.

Everything in moderation :)

I apprehensively decided to take a break from tripping. My last LSD trip was 9 months ago.

I do miss it, but taking a long break was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

My brain is healing, my symptoms are fading. I love psychedelics so much, but they were doing way more harm than good in my life (and fucking up my brain).

Breaks are good!
I remember the first time I ever smoked DMT I immediately started repeating to myself “I broke my brain”…don’t get me wrong I love dmt and psychs but I just think that reaction is interesting

I remember the first time I ever smoked DMT I immediately started repeating to myself “I broke my brain”…don’t get me wrong I love dmt and psychs but I just think that reaction is interesting

I know exactly what you mean. My first DMT breakthrough the only thing I could think, conceptualize or say repeatedly was "Holy fucking shit!"... holy fucking shit, holy fucking shit, holy fucking shit... that's all I could even think.

It's a very powerful world shifting experience.

With invega it would be 6 to 8 months or longer. Injectables suck really bad

I think it's a all dependent on the specific antipsychoticum, the dose you are on and the dose needed to breakthrough.

With abilify 15 mg a day i need about 2,5 x times the normal dose and I trip just fine, MDMA doesn't work though

Breaks are good!
I feel like I am on the verge of having to make the same decision good for you!

I think it's a all dependent on the specific antipsychoticum, the dose you are on and the dose needed to breakthrough.

With abilify 15 mg a day i need about 2,5 x times the normal dose and I trip just fine, MDMA doesn't work though
hmm, I've never taken abilify

but I can say with certainty that both olanzapine and risperidone block psychedelics completely

in fact risperidone is known as the worlds most potent/complete LSD antagonist

I've tried to beat it with 1000ug+ doses, but nope, never works - the only thing I get is the stimulation/body load with extremely minor visuals and it's wasted LSD

hmm, I've never taken abilify

but I can say with certainty that both olanzapine and risperidone block psychedelics completely

in fact risperidone is known as the worlds most potent/complete LSD antagonist

I've tried to beat it with 1000ug+ doses, but nope, never works - the only thing I get is the stimulation/body load with extremely minor visuals and it's wasted LSD
I see what a pity.

I've taken Risperdal and my god what an awful feeling that was, almost worse than the psychosis itself