• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Anyone used modafinil?

I take at least 400mg modafinil with 450mg tramadol extended release and few miligrams of alprazolam and 20mg extended release oxycodone. It makes me super hyper and after few days of redosing it makes me feel like i am meth bender.

Hey so I'd just like to say while there being safety in numbers that being on and off Concerta all my life and recently prescribed Modafinil instead has been detrimentally helpful to my life and productivity. I really love this medication, and I take it almost every day. For me, it works just as good as the Concerta but without the wirey methed-out effects that come with it. I've always stayed away from synth stims not coke but I just hate feeling too stimulated I can't enjoy %40 of the day cause I'm either tripping in my own head about something or falling into micronaps or just plain not feeling normal. Though I needed to put up feeling that way cause I realize my ADHD is pretty bad and Concerta does help, although it has bad side effects. I suggested to my Psych that I try Modafinil for these reasons instead of Concerta and that I feel Modafinil would be easier on the Neuro-chemical makeup of my brain since I pretty much am going to have to be treating the symptoms of ADHD my whole life. So she agreed, and I love it. Yeah sometimes I take it and forget to get something done or gap this or that, but I also just started smoking again after two years of not so that has to be taken into consideration.
Also there's no nasty effects with weed + Modafinil like there is with weed + Concerta. It's for Narcolepsy, and the only mention of ADHD is on the medication information pamphlet that came with the meds that says "This medication is not recommended for any children under the age of 18 even for the treatment of ADHD". So why would it mention ADHD in one place but not anywhere else? I think it's cause this medication can regularly be prescribed off label to treat ADHD & if you're not too much into getting gacked out but just genuinely need to focus and get crap done Modafinil works for me and I encourage anyone taking anything else for ADHD to just give it a try. I feel alot of mental clarity on it. I been taking 100mg for about the past 3 months. I was prescribed it by a general practice not even a private practice psychiatrist in the US.

For me it cleared the brain fog and put my scattered thoughts in line, so it was a perfect utility drug. Definitely no recreational value, at all, though.
Absolutely my opinion.

I got a prescription when I began to turn into a zombie after taking SSRIs for six months. Was feeling so bad physically that I didn't want to put more chemicals in my system at that time, so I just tossed the box into my medicine case. Until weeks later, still waning off the antidepressants, I had to write a concept for work - after being on sick leave for about two months. I took one and it really helped me get the job done.

I use it now regularly in a very small dose (like 100mg) whenever I have to do boring work with no outside stimuli to help me through. Higher doses would require something else to bring me down later on, and that's a spiral I don't want to enter.

I was diagnosed with Aspegers about a year ago, and with all the Covid situation I almost crashed. There's little to no professional help for adults with ASD where I live, and I had to figure out myself how to deal with all the crap that was happening. I found that the mixture of Clonazepam and modafinil taken when needed (or wanted in case of the clona) works well for me.

Last edited:
How much do you use to make you feel better? I got some prescribed today for sleepiness 300 mg but besides that, I'd like to have it lift my mood a bit but IDK how much to take?.

Also is there a comedown from modafinil since it is a brain stimulant? I have used Dexedrine and it always helped but comedown was not tolerable. Thanks
With The decent brands 200 mg is a nice dose, just enough for stimulation but not too much. A decent brand of Modafinil is quite smooth and will not leave you feeling wired and jittery like those horrible monster caffientated energy drinks.

THere is a bit of a crash or slump when it wares off after 12 hours or so. However, this bump can be easily smoothed out with a couple of benzos and a drink. Clonazepam and wine seems to work best for this for me.

If you have things to do and the motivation to do them Modafinil can help, if you're fighting against low energy or tiredness.

If you don't have any particular plans or goals for the day then its possible that the the time and energy is going to be wasted on nothing very constructive or useful.

Many of these things can help or hinder us, depending on how we approach them.

I was diagnosed with Aspegers about a year ago, and with all the Covid situation I almost crashed. There's little to no professional help for adults with ASD where I live, and I had to figure out myself how to deal with all the crap that was happening. I found that the mixture of Clonazepam and modafinil taken when needed (or wanted in case of the clona) works well for me.
I have found so many of the exact same things. My diagnois was also about a year ago,

TBH I'd love to be able to acquire some Ritalin. Not only would this help my mental focus, but it would massively increase my sociabilty which is an effect amphetramines have on me.

I think I'm borderline ADHD. I may look into getting an Adderall or Ritalin srcript. But it's probably going to be very difficult for a middle aged person lik me to acquire a sript for the first time at my age. I'd have to learn to advocate for myself in the most effective of ways to stand any chance

Probably slim to no chance on the NHS and I'd have to go private. But Christ do I love amphetamines, they fix my brain and my social issues. But as always there is the tolerance and eventual pooping out. Generally no stimulant habit or script can be sustained indefintely as far as I am aware.

But it's probably going to be very difficult for a middle aged person lik me to acquire a sript for the first time at my age. I'd have to learn to advocate for myself in the most effective of ways to stand any chance
I'm not that young, either. I was prescribed modafinil to counteract the effects of SSRIs (part of the cocktail shrinks prescribe when they have no clue what's wrong with you). It works for me, but I have no ADHD. I know of an adult person who was diagnosed with ADHD and was prescribed Adderall (though it was changed later to something else). So maybe getting a diagnosis will help.

Social issues... That's what I use the clona for. It works as a wonderful filter, helps me tolerate a lot of things that otherwise would overwhelm me.

Last edited: