• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Anyone use an SSRI with fent ?

Here are two case studies regarding Serotonin Syndrome. Essentially, the Serotonin Syndrome seems to occur in situations where pretty obvious mistakes were made. The first is a girl trying to commit suicide with Fluoxetine (Prozac). Thankfully for her, she had no idea how foolish this was. She had severe symptoms, but lived. the second guy took repeated doses of known serotonergic drugs. He was feeling badly and thought taking more would help, Ondansetron (Zofran) and Fluoxetine (Prozac) being the culprits.

Here are two case studies regarding Serotonin Syndrome. Essentially, the Serotonin Syndrome seems to occur in situations where pretty obvious mistakes were made. The first is a girl trying to commit suicide with Fluoxetine (Prozac). Thankfully for her, she had no idea how foolish this was. She had severe symptoms, but lived. the second guy took repeated doses of known serotonergic drugs. He was feeling badly and thought taking more would help, Ondansetron (Zofran) and Fluoxetine (Prozac) being the culprits.

WOW! I’m glad to see they both recovered, thank you for the link Keith It was rather interesting . I can happily say I’m fine and have not developed any symptoms 5 hours after ingestion . As I suspected 50mcg was not enough to create anything but a mild effect of warmth , modest dilation of pupils and a pleasant but rather tame feeling of “well being”.

I notice they treated both patients with atvian (lorazepam) I wonder if this was to mitigate the spasms/seizures and or help calm them down? Or if benzos have some sort of affect in reducing serotonin levels or some other non obvious therapeutic use for the treatment of serotonin syndrome.

As an addict and user I wonder if there are other possible anti anxiety / depression / ocd treatments (medications) that are more favourable/safer to my and “our” lifestyles? I know MAOIs are a no go and contraindicate even more than SSRIs.