View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Anyone seen elves on LSD?

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
A brief report of the events that lead me to ask this question.

The other day I had something VERY strange happen to me on acid. I was only on around 200-250ug, when I was hit with a strange form of ego death. I had no idea who or what I was, but I did know one thing; I was going to find "god" (which I don't/didn't believe in). This intent composed every thought in my head, as the trip continued to get crazier and crazier. First, I was seeing gigantic alchemy circle-type patterns that interlocked the same way the flower of life does. These circles were covering everything, even defining the trails the ants walked on the sidewalk and in the dirt, and were soon accompanied by a cosmic "whirring" of sorts, that sounded kind of like spaceships flying by, or what I imagine solar wind hitting the craters of a comet to sound like. I was tripping ridiculously hard for taking only 2 hits, but then something totally insane happened. I felt that the universe was challenging me to "see god", through what I perceived as some sort of telepathic message, so I grabbed a can of whipped cream and went into my basement. As soon as I hit it, I was engulfed by a deep tingling euphoria as always, but the previously stated whirring became deafening and began to overlap tens, then perhaps hundreds of times, in howling wind-like tones and wahwah-like fluctuations. I likened this feeling to tuning my guitar for some reason. It's possible that my mind was being temporarily "acclimated" to a higher plane of existence.

When I came out of the nitrous-induced haze, I could hardly remember anything at all. I found myself staring at the floor, on which the alchemy circles had become at least twice as detailed. I slowly migrated upstairs, as I felt that something was different about my brain. About a half hour, maybe 45 minutes pass, and I'm getting full on CEVs and audio hallucinations. I saw a pixelated "troll" on a diagonal axis, who was somehow warping the "whirring" audio hallucinations into a sort of laugh, which had a very strangely mischievous and almost mocking tone to it. Every time the laugh would ring out through my head, I would feel a slight pressure and a burst of euphoric energy flow through from the top of my skull to the bottoms of my feet. The 8-bit elf's cosmic giggle would replay over and over for the remainder of the trip, however, the next day I couldn't remember exactly how it sounded, even after hearing it hundreds of times. I saw and heard other similar hallucinations, but regretfully I don't seem to remember them.

Something else very strange happened that I thought I'd throw in, just in case it happens to be relevant to anyone. I'm not sure when this happened, but from what I can tell, it happened maybe an hour to an hour and a half after these events. This is NOT normal for me on LSD, and I believe the reason it may have happened, is due to the strange form of ego death combined with the "tuning" effects of the N2O (plenty of people report being possessed on nitrous, maybe it makes it easier to achieve contact with higher beings?).

I was having deep hallucinations still, continuing my search for "god" when all of the sudden I start feeling my third eye physically open and a flood of energy rushes through every nerve of my body. My consciousness expands infinitely in every direction, and I inevitably collide with this "being" that is the greater form of us all. The collective consciousness. I somehow penetrated it, and all at once, I experienced tens of thousands of lifetimes of real people who have presumably existed, in the time it takes to snap your fingers. The thing is, I was so far gone that I had to fight for these memories. All I have left is vague, photograph-like pictures from living the life of a woman in India, who lived on a farm, a few scattered, unidentifiable memories, as well as some residual emotions that I feel have transferred. I eventually came back to realizing who and what I was, with the new acknowledgement for some reason unknown to me at the time, that I was the "god" I had been searching for. Every lifeform was. The huge joke of karma, was that no matter what you did to hurt someone, you will, or already have, lived through that very hurtful experience you've caused. It was only when I had memories of things that couldn't possibly have happened during a simple 2 hit acid trip, that I was able to remember pieces of the events that I had the privilege of experiencing.

So, there you go, that's probably the most spiritual experience I've had on LSD. For some reason, I feel that the 8-bit elf was my guide through the astral plane on this journey. Can anyone relate?

Last edited:
Looks like you had a mystical experience :) Some people can have acid 100 times, and never experience it. Which is again just a proof that it's not acid, it's You. Acid is just a catalyst.

Occasionally people experience transient hallucinations of megalomania on LSD. Consider this recommendation on God, religion, and people. Anything claiming they are god or have the only path you could find god through shouldn't be trusted.

I am sternly atheist. I also hold others spirituality as sacred. Throughout history people have exploited and controlled others through false claims of divinity. This is often at the expense of the faithful. If true gods exist they won't require announcing themselves as gods. If something claims it's god then it's probably founded in hallucinations or extremely corrupt (and disrespectful) humans.

I whole-heartedly agree Steamboat, however from the sound of Cryptic's story, that's not really what was going on.

Cryptic, what you've described here sounds like a textbook mystical experience. eg. energy flowing from the top of your head (crown chakra, purported to be the link between our metaphysical bodies and the whole), the push to go farther and reach harmony with something higher, an energy/entity guiding one down that path, experiencing other lifetimes and/or memories, etc. Also, the whirring and wah-wah noises happen to me every single time I do DMT, nitrous, or reach that attuned state while tripping hard on something. I've found those noises to be heavily related to the reaching of higher states of being and consciousness.

I can relate 100% and know what you're talking about. What are your thoughts on all of this? Do you have any questions?

No, but I have met people who told me how they saw elves or entities while on a high dose of mushrooms, and while on Ayahuasca; but anything is possible.