• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Anyone have experiences with 4-aco-dmt or "shroom" candy?

Hi.

Greenlighter
So where I live it's common to get sold these "shroom tootsie rolls" that aren't really shrooms but instead this white bitter powder rolled up in a piece of candy. After doing some research I'm pretty confident that the substance I have is probably 4-aco-dmt fumerate (although I'm not 100% sure so if anyone happens to know please tell me). I got it from a trusted source and I've had friends take large amounts of this stuff before and had a pleasant time so I think it should be safe. Last weekend after watching a few videos and doing some more research I eyed out what seemed like a good dose and I was pretty much spot on. I tripped but very mildy (which is what I was going for). I did this mainly as a test to make sure I was getting the right effects since I don't really have access to a test kit/milligram scale.

I have only had 2 trips with lsd in the past but both experiences were fairly mild. I feel like I am ready to trip harder so I'm going to up my dose of "shrooms" a bit and see what happens. I think I'll shoot for 25-30mg this time.

So what should I expect from this substance? What is it like compared to acid? How should I prepare mentally and what are some good things to do during the trip? I have heard some people say it feels more like rolling, while others say it's effects are indistinguishable from shrooms since 4-aco-dmt and psilocybin both technically turn into psylocin in the body. Any information/experiences would be helpful since I am going into this without much knowledge.

Also, what are some of the best things to do if I overshoot my dose and it gets too intense?

Last edited:
While there is a possibility that your guess is correct, unless you go directly to the source and ask them (or have the substance analyzed by a lab), there is no way to tell that this is without a doubt 4-AcO-DMT, and no one can here can ID for you either. It could be any of the other 4-substituted tryptamines (or even something else entirely).
If you don't have access to a scale, I don't see how you can "shoot for" 25-40 mg... You cannot know for sure how much you're measuring out by simply eyeballing.

So... you've got two unknowns here, which could potentially be dangerous. (Not to be a killjoy, but this is a harm reduction forum, so based on that post, no one will tell you to just go for it!)
Out of precaution it might be wiser to abstain altogether until you're 100% confident in what you have. At the very least you should get a scale.

In any case, if you're curious about 4-AcO-DMT, dosage, and its effects, you can read the Big & Dandy threads (all five of them!) -> http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/742439-The-Big-amp-Dandy-4-AcO-DMT-Thread-Act-Five

I've never tried it myself, so I can't reliably comment on how it compares to LSD, but it's probably quite different, based on my experiences with mushrooms.

So where I live it's common to get sold these "shroom tootsie rolls" that aren't really shrooms but instead this white bitter powder rolled up in a piece of candy. After doing some research I'm pretty confident that the substance I have is probably 4-aco-dmt fumerate (although I'm not 100% sure so if anyone happens to know please tell me). I got it from a trusted source and I've had friends take large amounts of this stuff before and had a pleasant time so I think it should be safe. Last weekend after watching a few videos and doing some more research I eyed out what seemed like a good dose and I was pretty much spot on. I tripped but very mildy (which is what I was going for). I did this mainly as a test to make sure I was getting the right effects since I don't really have access to a test kit/milligram scale.

I have only had 2 trips with lsd in the past but both experiences were fairly mild. I feel like I am ready to trip harder so I'm going to up my dose of "shrooms" a bit and see what happens. I think I'll shoot for 25-30mg this time.

So what should I expect from this substance? What is it like compared to acid? How should I prepare mentally and what are some good things to do during the trip? I have heard some people say it feels more like rolling, while others say it's effects are indistinguishable from shrooms since 4-aco-dmt and psilocybin both technically turn into psylocin in the body. Any information/experiences would be helpful since I am going into this without much knowledge.

Also, what are some of the best things to do if I overshoot my dose and it gets too intense?

Most people here consider 4-aco-dmt completely different from psilocybin, and I'm inclined to agree. Some disagree; I guess it's subjective.

4-AcO-DMT may be smoother than mushrooms, at least it was for me, but that doesn't mean it doesn't go ridiculously deep. One of the biggest mistakes I made tripping was thinking that the easier comeup and comeon with 4-AcO-DMT meant that there wasn't a serious trip happening.
I ended up in the hospital due to nasty shit happening to my blood gases, and the rest was pretty damn unpleasant riding out.

It was one of several trips with 4-AcO-DMT where at first I was so surprised to find that it comes up smoothly and drops down smoothly as well, but honestly I still experienced plenty of fucked up shit during the trips and that made it an illusion of friendly smoothness.

The problems were not with extremely intense comeups and any of the sort, but it eventually stilll got as intense as ever and I hardly even registered. So, what you would need is something like a tripsitter or a good overall guidance for your trip where you normally wouldn't need any. Because the messed up thing isn't that it directly gets in your face like a DMT trip, but that it can still dissociate you into a completely different realm without it being a noticeable problem. That it is not noticeable doesn't mean it is easy to navigate so you need a good safety net while you are off into other dimensions.

I wouldn't recommend just eating some random powder rolled up in candy. Like, that's the exact BS that DARE warns people about, and I never thought it was real. But here we are.

If you want to experiment with RCs, buy them yourself from a trusted source. If you want to try shrooms, seek those out.

Don't consume mystery powder.