• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anyone get any anxiolytic effects out of Hydroxyzine?

Seven-One-Eight

Bluelighter
Earlier today I had really bad chest pains, thought I was having a panic attack, etc. I told the doctor at the hospital that I had been suffering from anxiety for a long time, and he wrote me a script for this. I was expecting a benzo (I literally was fucking shaking all day today, a nervous wreck, I would normally refuse meds but I honestly did need them today). Long story short I've been covering up a lot of shit for years, and it looks like I'm gonna start seeing a psych doctor.

Anyway,I was wondering if anyone has any positive experiences with this shit in terms of anxiolysis. I had previously thought this shit was just another anti-histamine useful for potentiating opiates. When I heard him say hydroxyzine I was shocked, never knew it was prescribed for mild anxiety. I doubt it's gonna be of much use though, seeing as it's barely praised by people. Who knows.

its a beta blocker i thought.
it would help with chest pains and that kind of deal im pretty sure

Yeah like I said I know nothing about this shit besides hearing about people using it to potentiate opiates. Didn't make sense to me to prescribe an anti-histamine for anxiety but apparently it has anxiolytic affects.

It is an anti-histamine, and is often prescribed for mild anxiety. It did nothing for mine though.

Yeah it's been an hour and I don't feel shit. This is pretty much garbage as I figured. I'll keep it around for my OC i guess. Shit was supposed to help with sleep too, and I don't feel drowsy at all.

I hate that is is approved for mild anxiety.

If you take any sedating anti-histamine, you will get the same results.

Diphenhydramine, Doxylamine, promethazine, cyclizine... etc.

All have about the same smidgen of anxiety fighting power.
It's the healthiest and weakest option.

its often hard to discriminate between sedation and anxiety relief at night so it can be pretty misleading.

its often hard to discriminate between sedation and anxiety relief at night so it can be pretty misleading.

Hydroxyzine is sedating. Akathisia is a big minus for too much of it. Might even freak you out if you aren't ready. Relatively safe if used properly. Harsh in overdose.

Xanax is calming. Euphoric to anxiety burdened people. Relatively safe if used properly. Hard to overdose, unless mixed with other powerful sedatives.

There is definitely a difference.