• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Diet Any advise for a new newbie to the gym. With any advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
So I'm confused. I worked out today so today only do I need to eat more calories? Or do I need to always eat more calories to increase by muscle size. I've read tons of stuff about working out on Reddit, and Google. But I don't know how to maximize my muscle. All I know is in all the time working out, and try months going to the gym plus the years I used dumbbells at home I've yet to notice, or see results including muscle mass I check at the doctor every three months. Yes I've only been going to the gym two months but in two months soups I start to see my muscle mass go up? Or feel better?

Mainly I just worked out today I ate some McDonald's I don't normally do that but I need the extra calories right? So s just eating four eggs I ate a egg McMuffin and hash browns for fuel. Make sense? Any tips? I go twice a week for a hour each day and work upper and lower each time I go. Thanks for the help in advance.

I made two long posts about this in the last thread you made on the subject that answered all your questions.

The short answer is that you’re not working out enough and you’re not eating enough.

You can get away with four one hour sessions a week (back, chest, legs, core and arms) but they need to be intense sessions. For example you should be struggling to walk up stairs after leg day. More realistically you will need four or five 90 minute sessions though as causing enough damage to the muscle group in an hour will take a very focused workout and require a certain level of strength to begin with.

You need to be aiming for 1g of protein per day per pound of body weight, but 0.5g is a BARE minimum. To quantify that in McDonald’s terms, if you are 150lb then you are aiming at nine double cheeseburgers a day….obviously this is very unhealthy so try to consume the protein in a healthier way. Four eggs and a McMuffin is probably about a quarter of the protein you need to be aiming to eat EVERY DAY. So that’s 16 eggs and four McMuffins EVERY DAY. This is why people drink protein shakes.

Gaining muscle is not easy, it takes commitment. You will never gain any doing what you are doing now.

To simplify:

Buy a couple of kilos of whey protein. Then for one month Do minimum four 60 minute (but very intense) sessions in the gym a week (one back, one legs, one chest, one core and arms). Eat 100g of protein a day.

I promise you will see both strength increase and muscle growth after just a month. You HAVE to commit to doing that as a minimum though.

To simplify:

Buy a couple of kilos of whey protein. Then for one month Do minimum four 60 minute (but very intense) sessions in the gym a week (one back, one legs, one chest, one core and arms). Eat 100g of protein a day.

I promise you will see both strength increase and muscle growth after just a month. You HAVE to commit to doing that as a minimum though.
I will echo that for maximum gainz, drink the protein shake immediately after your workout.

Yeah that does help for sure but it’s not all that important. Getting enough protein over the course of each day is more important.

Has to be every day too. If your workouts in the gym are as intense as they should be then it will take your body three to four days (or even more) to go through the process of repairing that muscle.

Obviously the workouts are important but the recovery is almost more important as this is where the muscle is actually being built. Making sure you are getting plenty of sleep is also very important. You have to commit to the process every single day.

I got clean about six weeks ago and was 70kg, I’m 80kg this morning. Obviously there’s a bit of fat in that 10kg but there’s also a lot of muscle. My bench press has gone up about 25% just in six weeks. Following the method I have described works, it just depends on whether you are prepared to commit to it.

@xxsicknessxx you have already made multiple threads on this subject and people have given you some very good advice in them already. You don't need to start a new thread each time you have a slightly new query. You can simply bring up your existing threads and continue to add posts in those.
https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/working-out-tips-for-me.925981/
https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/how-much-time-spent-with-dumbbells-shows-results.921082/
https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/questions-concerning-not-losing-muscle-during-bed-rest.922350/

I'm going to close this thread. Please continue posting in your other workout/muscle gain threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.