Announcing three nice changes to myBL (user control panel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catch-22

Bluelighter
Here we go...

First, you can now preview a PM before you send it. To do this, write the message the normal way but instead of clicking "Send Message" hit the "Preview Message" button that is immediately to the right. A screen will come up that is like the preview function in the forums. Review your message, make edits and then hit submit when you are ready for it to be sent.

Second, the maximum length of a Private Message has been increased from 5000 characters to 10000 characters. Please know that 10000 characters should allow for at least 1500 words. The maximum number of PMs is still set to 100, but hopefully allowing for longer messages will help some people.

Third, there is a brand new feature known as vBpad inside the user control panel. This feature is a little unusual so let me explain in more detail...

Have you ever wanted to make a quick note to yourself? Have you ever begun writing a post or private message but didn’t have time to finish? Now you can save it all on your account. You can store a total of five "notes" and each can be up to 10000 characters (1500+ words) long.

Here is how it works: In the user control panel, look all the way on the right and find the new vBpad button. Click it. Type something and hit enter. Repeat this process four more times. Now you will have five short notes safely stored in your user control panel. To delete a note, just click on vBpad and remove the text before hitting enter. You should see that note automatically disappear.

These three features should help expand the usefulness of the user control panel a little. Thanks to chr1.5 for creating the PM Preview function and installing the vBpad feature!

woo.gif

Great. I've been wanting a preview button as part of the PM system ever since it was implemented.

Thanks guys!! All 3 are much appreciated - especially the PM preview button and the notepad option. I've thought how nice it would be to have both of those things, and now we do! :)

Peace ~Katie

Catch-22 said:
Have you ever wanted to make a quick note to yourself? Have you ever begun writing a post or private message but didn’t have time to finish? Now you can save it all on your account. You can store a total of five "notes" and each can be up to 10000 characters (1500+ words) long.

sweet now i can get rid of that pesky notepad.exe =D

nice job chr1.5

could we now implement a "save to vBpad button by the "post reply" button.

That would just fucking rock!

Keep up the good work

vB notpad

vb code does not work on my notepad. i have tried to type in all the different ones, seperately and combined, and none work. this is not a big issue to me, just wanted to pass the word along.

i brought this up with catch by pm earlier, he says others have had this problem, but no one is able to recreate it.

peace

K

if u mail me ur login details and your browser version, I will try to log in as u and recreate the problem. can u also email me a screenshot.

some vbcodes work, some dont

here's a screen shot.. you're welcome to look at my vbpad if you desire as well

IE6 XP

Attachments

• vbpad.gif
    vbpad.gif
    8.6 KB · Views: 44
weee i just used the VBpad to save a pm to someone who's mailbox is full

doubleplusCOOL

big up all kru

chr1.5 said:
hmm ok seems to only be parsing simpler code. Will look into it later.

Chr1

doh!!! i just realized the codes that don't work arent real codes. i just tested all the real codes and they all worked.. damn vbcode.. why cant we just use certain html codes :X

PM preview

Its not working for me, it says that no message could be found or message not found or something along those lines.

just thought you should know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.