• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

An Idea, Need to Know if it'd Work

StonedCold

Greenlighter
First off, what is the best otc sleep aid for post-stimulant use? Currently i've been trying diphenhydramine (Benadryl), at around 100-150mg, but i was wondering if there was something better.

Also, i know some people like taking Benzos and Stims together (to ease the anxiety/jitters from the stims). Could taking a sleep-aid, or some other OTC med at the same time as youre dosing the stims do the same kind of thing? This would be mainly to ease the comedown of the stimulants, from right after the peak till the "crash."

Another thing this could help in, is when i take a sleep aid after peaking, and when i want to go to bed relatively soon, it still takes a while, and i usually have to endure some "crash" feeling before i fall asleep. So, could taking something for sleep at the same time as taking, per se, a couple lines of w.e. stimulant work so that you'd get sleepy as the euphoria is only getting more faint, instead of gone?

And of course, which sleep aid would that be (if this is possible)?

Thanks

This has been covered quite a bit so if you search around you can certainly find lots of perspectives on this.

Since you're asking pretty basic combination questions, I'm going to send this over to BDD

---->BDD

In theory yes, but it depends on the particular drugs. Taking xanax at the same time as meth won't help you sleep because it will wear off long before the meth. Different story with cocaine. A little more specifics would be helpful.

mixing stimulants and depressants can you kill you, you will be conscious but because of the adrenaline rush your body will paralyze you in response to fight or flight , while having multiple heart attacks until your dead. benzos aren't sleeping pills they are relaxants either muscular such as xanax or skeletal such as alodorm, people use these to sleep because they descrease elevated heart rate and relax you, and when people are relaxed they tend to fall asleep. unless you want to inject heroin feel the instant hit and then smack out its very unlikely to peak or feel a rush and then sleep, xanax is a major killer in many cocktails. the best way to sleep is not take a stimulant right before your planning to hit the hay for a night. i take many drugs regularly and xanax is something to research before taking it yourself. it should not be mixed with methadone or cocaine, when i smoke meth xanax effectively puts me to sleep. every stimulant will have a crash/comedown because they effect the bodies natural process of releasing dopamine and seratonin, which is happiness and the chemicals released when someone feels like they have achieved a goal and etc. our bodies cannot correct this change in chemical levels immediately and so we have a comedown for a certain amount of time after taking stimulants while our brains restore the levels of chemical being released.

Benzo's are going to actually make the come down less intense imo, whereas antihistamines such as diphenhydramine are just going to put you to sleep at best, and I can't see them being a great mix.

Also, when taking benzos + stims, I don't do it at same time, I do it when i'm done with the stims

mixing stimulants and depressants can you kill you, you will be conscious but because of the adrenaline rush your body will paralyze you in response to fight or flight , while having multiple heart attacks until your dead. benzos aren't sleeping pills they are relaxants either muscular such as xanax or skeletal such as alodorm, people use these to sleep because they descrease elevated heart rate and relax you, and when people are relaxed they tend to fall asleep. unless you want to inject heroin feel the instant hit and then smack out its very unlikely to peak or feel a rush and then sleep, xanax is a major killer in many cocktails. the best way to sleep is not take a stimulant right before your planning to hit the hay for a night. i take many drugs regularly and xanax is something to research before taking it yourself. it should not be mixed with methadone or cocaine, when i smoke meth xanax effectively puts me to sleep. every stimulant will have a crash/comedown because they effect the bodies natural process of releasing dopamine and seratonin, which is happiness and the chemicals released when someone feels like they have achieved a goal and etc. our bodies cannot correct this change in chemical levels immediately and so we have a comedown for a certain amount of time after taking stimulants while our brains restore the levels of chemical being released.

Bro, exaggerate a little bit to much?

stimulants+depressants leading to multiple conscious heart attacks untill you're dead!

Benzos and stimulants are not going to lead to that. Perhaps the stimulants alone, but can you please cite a source that states taking benzo's after taking amphetamines is dangerous due to the risk of heart attacks.

Also, benzo's are used as sleeping pills, in fact there is a whole class of benzodiazepines dedicated to this, they are called the hypnotic class. Then there are the Z-drug class, which essentially are benzo's, and they are all dedicated to putting people to sleep. Additionally they do not put people to sleep by lowering their heart rate, in turn making them fall asleep. They work by affecting the GABA receptors, and the different classes have different subtype effects leading to the difference between antioxlyics and hypnotics. Benzo's are not skeletal muscle relaxors either, those would be things such as skelaxal.

Also, methadone and methamphetamine are not the same thing. You mention mehtadone, then talk about smoking meth and having xanax put you to sleep, even though you just said that it will kill you, and they don't put you to sleep.

Last edited:
The only other effective OTC sleep aid is Promethazine, and I'm unsure if it's available OTC where you are (for I do not know where you are lol).
This also has Antipsychotic properties too so it'd be useful for any symptoms of stimulant psychosis.
But, as with Diphenhydramine, watch out for taking too much and finding yourself entering a delirium.

As for taking them together, I wouldn't really advise it. You could figure out roughly how long X-amount of X-stimulant will be effecting you and strategically plan when would be best to take it. You'd want to take it just before you start experiencing comedown-effects.

Oh yes, Doxylamine is supposed to be rather good. Potent mg/mg wise :)
Nice suggestion Phatty ;)