Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

American 'Office' preview unimpresses UK fans

the show last night was soooo forced . . . and maybe it would have been okay had I not already seen the original series, but I had to force myself to sit through the whole episode . . . boooo.

^ that this area sucks and they could have picked a much better place to film a reality show?

[edit - meant for finder]

Yeah, maybe if you have seen the other show. But for those who haven't, it's entertaining.

Originally posted by starlightgemini
^ that this area sucks and they could have picked a much better place to film a reality show?

[edit - meant for finder]

It's not a reality show.

I just hate the fact that copycat shows/movies are always worse than the original. It hurts the integrity of both shows IMO. Can't Hollywood be more creative than this?

Last edited:
hrm.
im not sure about the uk version... but tonights office is streched too thin to be funny imo
semi-really but trying too hard

I loved the first episode. The second one was not as funny but parts still had me cracking up! I haven't seen the UK version. This show reminds me so much of my workplace and it reminds me of situations that I have experienced. I think it is funny.

Trying too hard is bang on. Found the US pilot quite banal.

The "Diversity Day" theme was really hamfisted.

Originally posted by kiss2remember
I loved the first episode...I haven't seen the UK version.

:)

alasdair

I loved the British 'Office' series - the return special almost had me in tears. Nonetheless, I do like the new US Office, too. Steven Carrell is hilarious ("I ate a big, red candle") and does a pretty good job as the Yankee David Brent. Personally, I prefer all the UK costars over the new American ones any day, but I'll still watch the show. I wonder if they are gonna stop it after 2 seasons?

So is the general consensus on this show still negative?

I've been watching for awhile, and personally am quite entertained. I think the earlier seasons were the best. Peak hilarity was maybe season 2 or 3. Or maybe I'm just getting a tad bored of the whole theme. Nonetheless, I still enjoy every episode.

i've never liked it. i don't know if that's the general consensus.

i once wrote off a dick i knew with berating him for seriously blogging about the office and how his life is like certain episodes or characters, etc. a portion of that message: Have you ever known someone who was unwaveringly convinced of their own greatness and genius while simultaneously challenging the very physics of how uninteresting and banal a person can be and still draw breath?