• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Am i the only one that gets significant euphoria from xanax

Status
Not open for further replies.

opiatekiller91

Greenlighter
I get some killer euphoria from xanies just wondering if im the only on wondering about some imput from other users it takes about 10 mg with no toleramce but im in heaven how about yall i know they say there not really euphoric but im in heaven anyone else have the same or am i one in 100,000 that does thank yall for all input much love to my bluelight brothers amd sister for the input thanks all

Wtf you took 10mg with no tolerance? How are you awake or even able to type? But no I also get euphoria from them I have alot of anxiety tho maybe that's why.

Xanax / alprazolam is a dopamine agonist and somewhat unique amongst the benzos with this property - making it technically some sort of stimulant besides it's GABAergic sedative activity. This also adds to the addictive potential and makes the withdrawal worse probably.

Never really got euphoria from xanax. Major relief to overwhelming anxiety?? oh yeah, which in its own sense is a similar to euphoria. I primarily just like em for legit anxiety or if I'm just way to wound up.

Depends from person to person. If you like sedatives and downers.. Yea it will be euphoric to you. It is to me. I Love sedation..

Theres a tiny bit but nothing to really even compare to the euphoria i get from opiates

I have a long history with Benzos, and if I took 10 mgs of Alprazolam right now? I don't know if I'd be euphoric per se, but the world would feel pretty soft and fluffy for a little while.

So yeah, if you have no tolerance, I'd certainly believe it did that for you.

i guess we have different definitions of euphoria...

i consider euphoria to be opioid release. most drugs cause this besides the boring sedatives like benzos.

you may achieve slight opioid release when your brain realizes it has no more anxiety, but it'll never be anything comparable to euphoria that other drugs cause..

It gives me a moderate amount on occasion. But Klonopin.... oh wow replace Xanax's sedating quality with Euphoria and that's how clonazepam feels for me.
I'd describe the euphoria as an extreme mood lift with of course the classic benzo disinhibiton aka I don't give a fuckness.

yes, when it aborts a panic attack or severe anxiety. I prefer valium because of the touchy black-out factor of Xanax-I don't black out on valium. I blacked out in a convenience store (on 2mg xan). I was opening danishes taking a bite and throwing them on the floor...I got an on site arrest!!

Anyway, on xan, not exactly euphoria, but very relaxed, and very grateful to not be panicking. I'm the calmest and most euphoric from lyrica. Everyone is different.

Yeah, I mean euphoria is a somewhat relative concept to me at this point. I don't drink or take opiates anymore so I don't get really high and euphoric, in the grandiose "Wow, I'm in a completely different head space" kind of way. But as I'm getting older, just being able to not have a panic attack and relax in a social situation is pretty nice.

Pregabalin is probably my favourite drug and has been for the past few years. Again, I'm not what I would call really "high" on it, but I just feel at peace with things and like everything's a bit more meaningful, I guess? There's just a general "everything's going to be alright" vibe I get. I love it.

^^^Exactly bobby1978. I'm not taking opiates anymore myself. I'll take "everything is going to be alright" That works for me. :)

You're not alone, I would coast on 3-15mg of xanax or clonazepam for months at a time to get shit done in my life.

I've taken insane amounts of benzos but they don't knock me out.

I am currently on a 2 day 1 night meth binge... I have more speed but I waned to try and dose 2mg of xannie to check out the synergy while the amps are still pumping through me... took 2 footballs about 40 minutes ago and was honsetly afraid they would just cancel eath other out. However, I feel no counteraction with them both,just that nice mellow feeling behind my eyes from the footballs, no tiredness, and still stim'd out and thinking clearly. I will never touch alcohol again, especially on stims, becasause the booze runs through my high metabolism, not to mentian the effects of stims cycling it out soo quicky.. I usually drink 4 beers, sleep for an hour, and wake up withdrawing from alcohol almost instantly. So, I give 2 thumbs up for xanax in responsible doses (2mg does me perfect these days, where 5 years ago I would pop 6 of the schoolbuses and feel like superman :)

Status
Not open for further replies.