• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Am I in for polydrug withdrawal?

Enough999

Bluelighter
Trying to do a slow Xanax taper. Used a single bag of dope (insuflated) every other day to ease symptoms (I refuse to use days in a row, I've kicked an IV habit before) but today I feel very off. Did I just pick up a new habit or could it be that I skipped my nightly benzo dose since the h knocked me out (tolerance still low). Am I going to have to deal with kicking h now too? Should I grab a sub? Or is this still because of the Xanax taper. Again, one single bag with close to 48 hours in between, mediocre quality, insuflatted. Enough benzos stock piles to render me unconscious but as I'm trying to taper I need to know what I'm in for before I put an end to all of this...suicide attempts have left me with a weak liver, if I had the guts I could end this cycle now (I know how painful jaundice is but at least its final) please help

I would stop using heroin for your xanax taper. You have the right idea by using every other day but since alprazolam is so short-acting, you're putting yourself into withdrawals. Can you get valium (diazepam)? Look into the Ashton tapering method.

I've been using opiates every other day, I've been using the Xanax everyday and tapering. My question is am I at risk for opiate withdrawals now too?

I think that the more you used an addictive drug in the past the quicker it will be for your body to be dependant on it again. So since you already was addicted to IV heroin, it is safe to say that you are more likely to become addicted again fast. So not using every day is a good idea but I would not recommend taking H on a weekly basis, even if it is done to kick a benzo habbit, I believe in paying bills (metaphorically, well also litterally but thats another thing), what I mean is that you took Xanax, stole some GABA from your future self (yes thats litterally what Benzo do, they increase the effect of a GABA molecule and decrease its concentration after it left the body) and now you are trying to skip the bill by stealing your future's endorphins.

So globally I think you are more likely to become dependant, even tho its not a 100% sure, and I also think that you should stop trying to run away from the consequences of your actions on your body.

If I stop with the every other day regimen now should I be okay as far as opiate w/ds are concerned?

T. Calderone has it right.. Valium, is much better to use for tapering than using opiates, like H, which will just cause either another addiction to start up, when unnecessary, while you could just use a much longer acting, less potent benzo to help with the Xanax WD or cause like you said, to go into both drugs' withdrawls, which you don't want to do.. See, valium has a much longer half-life and duration of action than Xanax does, and heroin is not really meant for benzo WD, although it does help, just wont help for long once you fully try to get off Xanax and stop taking them completely, not just tapering.. I see where your coming from using it to ease the anxiety/physical discomfort, but in the long run, unless you plan on getting another 1,000 pound gorilla on your back with Heroin addiction, it wont help benzo WD.. only benzos(longer acting ones, valium is the best though) can help it, and many other prescribed/OTC non-narcotic meds... It still sucks fucking asshole with them! Trust me, been there done that...

I have gone through relatively high dose, of daily klonopin and subutex WD at the same time more than once.. as I am prescribed both of those and have run out of them early, lost them and been unable to fill my script/get a refill to soon more than a few times and it was fucking hell, even with "comfort" meds, which really did next to nothing going through those 2 drugs WD together.. since the last time I did that, I have made it a personal goal to never let myself get into that situation again, until the dreadful day comes where I have to get off them, if it ever does... right now, I am absolutely terrified at the thought of ever having to kick klonopin, and plan on being on it forever! I need it anyways as I have severe anxiety both general/social, so that doesn't bother me! Don't know when I will ever get off bupe either, don't even wanna think about it tbh!

Please, be careful! Good luck man. Hope this WD/taper goes well for you!

And if your only using dope every other day, and haven't been using it very long for this taper... if you stop now, you should be okay.. as long as you didn't have any other addiction to opiates of any kind, before using the H for the taper, and I don't mean when you used to do them like you said, when you stated you used to IV dope in your original post... stop now before it gets a hold of you again! If your not experiencing opiate WD symptoms when you don't use H for a day, you probably wont experience them at all though. If so they will be much less intense, the quicker you stop.

I can't get long acting benzos right now, but I have a psy appt in ten days so I'm trying to slowly taper until then. This post is made in regard to the likelihood of having to deal with opi withdrawal as well. I cannot handle a polydrug withdrawal and although I can source suboxone, I'm trying to figure out if a single dose insuflatted every other day for the past week would even warrant a sub taper. I'd rather not add subs to the mix unless I need it. The problem is my mind is so attuned to opiate withdrawals that I can't tell if it's psychosomatic or not. The slightest sniffle and I think "oh shit I went too far." That's why I'm asking you guys. If I stop now what am I in for? Is this all about in my head? Do I need a sub? I'm going to avoid opiates for much longer than every other day but am I too late?

There's no definitive answer, the amount of time it takes for an individual to become re-addicted to H is gonna vary between people. I know I can can start to get withdrawal symptoms from a weeks use these days. But that's with daily use so if I were in your position then I wouldn't bother with subs.

Yes if I can avoid having to add sibs to this nightmare I would like the to. I just don't want to suffer anymore than I already am.

If you can go every other day without opiates and feel fine than you don't have withdrawals no?

Yes but the longer I do that the more I feel "off" on in between days. One consecutive slip and I'm fucked but it's so hard. Trying to put more days in between but with the Xanax taper it's so hard to find relief

Update: last night I went to bed having made the decision not to pick up any dope even though today would be a day in between. It is 36 hours since my last dose and I have classic opiate withdrawals. It's not the benzos, I've walked this road before and it's all too familiar. I'm at work trying not to thin about it. I have access to 4 mg of suboxone or as much dope as I can afford. With my history, 4 mg would probably only cover today. I am so angry at myself, I truly thought I dodged a bullet. So...try and find more sub for a short term taper? Or will this 4 be enough?

If I were you I would use the dope for the xanax wd while I taper off then one that's done with taperoff ur dope addiction. I only have exp with h wd and am about to quit my xanax today. Just my 2cents

I've been told that the Xanax taper is gonna be so slow that I'll basically end up back on dope again. Don't worry want to have 2 addictions so I'm trying to nip the dope in the bud before it's too late. It already is though if I'm withdrawing.

Some experience the Kindling effect more severely than others. I'm the same way and I think it's just a matter of being addicted to Opioids for ten years. My body's always just waiting for them to be reintroduced at some point and can easily adapt to their presence.

If I were you I would use the dope for the xanax wd while I taper off then one that's done with taper off ur dope addiction. I only have exp with h wd and am about to quit my xanax today. Just my 2cents

Yup, the dope can help offset the hideous rebound insomnia and other tortures of Xanax/benzo withdrawal. If I had known, I would have tapered off the Ativan first.

I have a question about my sub taper. I'm stable at 3 mg Xanax right now and have a psychiatrist appointment tomorrow. I'm hoping he can help with tapering office of this. As for the opiates, I can't play around with them. I did a classic quick taper using subs, 4 mg day 1, 3 day 2, 2 for 2 days, 1.5 for a day, 1 for 2 days, .75 for a day, .5 for 1 day, then insufllated around .3 yesterday and today. Should I be in the clear? I didn't feel bad when I woke up. Should I feel any opiate withdrawals tomorrow? I have work tomorrow and about 2 mgs left but if I'm in the clear I'm flushing it. What do you guys think?