• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Am I Getting Deep? Oxy Weekend Warrior

functionaldumbdumb

Greenlighter
Hi Everyone,

Firstly would like to say nice to meet everyone. I've been a lurker for years and think this is a great community.
To jump right in, back in June I somehow found someone through a friend who was selling real, prescribed Oxy. Since then, I would buy 3 30MGs to last me for the weekend, and use about 6-9Gs of Kratom daily on weekdays to keep me at bay. I've never had an issue when it comes to self-control, in fact I am pretty good at keeping it to the weekends for social use, knowing the dangers that come with daily use.

Well, it looks like I wasn't as smart as I thought I was because the Kratom shot my tolerance through the roof. I used to be able to split a 30 into 2 15s and that would keep me good and happy for the entire night. Now I need a whole 30 for a single dose and that still does not give me any euphoria anymore. I rarely take 60MGs a night but it does happen sometimes, I always keep it to 30 a night.

How deep in am I? Am I still able to save my tolerance or am I pretty much screwed at this point? Would you guys consider me heavily addicted? If I were to quit the Kratom I do notice myself waking up early in the morning sweaty but symptoms do not go beyond that. Is my tolerance able to be saved? I started taking Kratom because I wanted something light to replace Oxy during the weekends, if I knew the harm it would have caused on my tolerance I would have never started.

I have a profound respect and appreciation for the drug, I keep it to weekends and only dose at night. I do not "chase the dragon," but I do want to feel some sort of euphoria. Any tips on keeping the tolerance at bay for a weekend warrior like me would be very much appreciated. This isn't a post asking how to quit as I don't think I have a problem, I would just love to hear how anyone else has kept their tolerance in control while being a self controlled weekend user like I am.

Hi Everyone,

Firstly would like to say nice to meet everyone. I've been a lurker for years and think this is a great community.
To jump right in, back in June I somehow found someone through a friend who was selling real, prescribed Oxy. Since then, I would buy 3 30MGs to last me for the weekend, and use about 6-9Gs of Kratom daily on weekdays to keep me at bay. I've never had an issue when it comes to self-control, in fact I am pretty good at keeping it to the weekends for social use, knowing the dangers that come with daily use.

Well, it looks like I wasn't as smart as I thought I was because the Kratom shot my tolerance through the roof. I used to be able to split a 30 into 2 15s and that would keep me good and happy for the entire night. Now I need a whole 30 for a single dose and that still does not give me any euphoria anymore. I rarely take 60MGs a night but it does happen sometimes, I always keep it to 30 a night.

How deep in am I? Am I still able to save my tolerance or am I pretty much screwed at this point? Would you guys consider me heavily addicted? If I were to quit the Kratom I do notice myself waking up early in the morning sweaty but symptoms do not go beyond that. Is my tolerance able to be saved? I started taking Kratom because I wanted something light to replace Oxy during the weekends, if I knew the harm it would have caused on my tolerance I would have never started.

I have a profound respect and appreciation for the drug, I keep it to weekends and only dose at night. I do not "chase the dragon," but I do want to feel some sort of euphoria. Any tips on keeping the tolerance at bay for a weekend warrior like me would be very much appreciated. This isn't a post asking how to quit as I don't think I have a problem, I would just love to hear how anyone else has kept their tolerance in control while being a self controlled weekend user like I am.
Kratom carries a miniscule amount of its single opioid-like alkaloid. Depending upon the variety, season & extraction method? Usually it is 1/2 of 1% of a single leaf IF optum conditions prevailed. Of course if you are getting an extraction nooobe can tell you any of its constituents much less percentages.

My point? Tolerance going through the roof is symptomatic of any opioid use. You consistently use oxycodone. You are your own worst enemy vis a vis tolerance. Only setting limits & adhering to them will keep from deeper problems.

As receptors are consistently sated they change dynamics. Any junkie will tell you that the results of regular use result in less & less of the initial benefits.

Kratom carries a miniscule amount of its single opioid-like alkaloid. Depending upon the variety, season & extraction method? Usually it is 1/2 of 1% of a single leaf IF optum conditions prevailed. Of course if you are getting an extraction nooobe can tell you any of its constituents much less percentages.

My point? Tolerance going through the roof is symptomatic of any opioid use. You consistently use oxycodone. You are your own worst enemy vis a vis tolerance. Only setting limits & adhering to them will keep from deeper problems.

As receptors are consistently sated they change dynamics. Any junkie will tell you that the results of regular use result in less & less of the initial benefits.
Hey thank you for taking the time to respond. I am not taking extracts, just the capsuled grounded leaf. I thought 3 30s a weekend was okay but thank you for telling me it's too consistent. What are proper limits? Dosing Biweekly? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Doing the kratom two days a week and no opioids on the other days is a nice tradeoff and i can recommend it

You'd have to abstain and let tolerance diminish before switching to this, i guess

I had no tolerance development after 1,5 years, and almost no withdrawal symptoms beyond the jolting return to baseline depression

I think as soon as you take any opioid every day to "keep at bay", you're into the impossible spiral of addiction

Kratom has a crazy long half life, it can be over 24 hours. That means if you take say 6 grams once per day in the morning. Half of the mitragynine is still left in your system the next time you go for your morning dose. This leads to it building up which raises tolerance fast. The half life of the more potent metabolites is way shorter, like 3.6 hours. That means that you'll get the urge to redose much sooner than you'd think based on the half life of mitragynine itself

Its honestly difficult to manage opioid tolerance using kratom in my experience

Doing the kratom two days a week and no opioids on the other days is a nice tradeoff and i can recommend it

You'd have to abstain and let tolerance diminish before switching to this, i guess

I had no tolerance development after 1,5 years, and almost no withdrawal symptoms beyond the jolting return to baseline depression

I think as soon as you take any opioid every day to "keep at bay", you're into the impossible spiral of addiction
Definitely moving onto weekend use only minimum. I took my last dose of Kratom last night, 2Gs just to keep myself from waking up in slight sweats. I plan on being completely clean till Christmas and dose again then, should be a moderate amount of time right? It's the longest I've gone consecutively with no opiates in my system since September (took a week break in August)
And are you saying to only stick to Kratom? What do you honestly feel on it? If I can't get a buzz or a mood lifter I genuinely don't see the point.

Kratom has a crazy long half life, it can be over 24 hours. That means if you take say 6 grams once per day in the morning. Half of the mitragynine is still left in your system the next time you go for your morning dose. This leads to it building up which raises tolerance fast. The half life of the more potent metabolites is way shorter, like 3.6 hours. That means that you'll get the urge to redose much sooner than you'd think based on the half life of mitragynine itself

Thank you, learned my lesson and will stop taking it on weekdays. What has your experiences been like managing opioid tolerance?

Hi Everyone,

Your tolerance is screwed. I am a daily user for pain for 7+ years and I still get a mood lift from a single 10mg( no acetaminophen) oxycodone. I have read a lot of stories of people using Kratom and destroying their tolerance quickly.

Your tolerance is screwed. I am a daily user for pain for 7+ years and I still get a mood lift from a single 10mg( no acetaminophen) oxycodone. I have read a lot of stories of people using Kratom and destroying their tolerance quickly.
Dude that is absolutely insane that you can still feel a mood lifter from 10MG after 7+ years. I think you are definitely an outlier. I was taking about 5-10Gs of Kratom a day and I really don't think that is equivalent to 10MGs of Oxy? Have you taken any breaks in between?

Just as a quick update if anyone's even interested - today marks the 6th day since I've been off any sorts of opioids. This is the longest I've gone completely clean since June and I am both proud of myself and a little bit annoyed for not just quitting Kratom sooner. WD symptoms peaked at night 3, I was having actual sweats in bed. A quick hot shower cleared it up however and the slight RLS was mostly negligible due to the gabapentin I had laying around.

Just as a little backstory this isn't my first run with Oxy, my first time was taking them in 2020 and immediately fell in love. However, like stated I am mostly responsible when it comes to not letting drugs ruin my life so since 2020 I have been taking it maybe once a year if that. My friend introducing me to a plug back in June to someone so close was definitely a bit of a trigger and I went a little overboard. initially, I wanted something to replace what Oxy was giving me on weekdays - the social stimulation, the "cozy" feeling, and ease of sleep. I genuinely thought of it as a safe alternative and had no idea this was ruining my tolerance. It was never a good alternative though, because all it did was make me not think of Oxy during the weekdays - I realized I was addicted to opioids and wrote this post.

I am excited to restart myself with this. I will be dosing on both Christmas and New Years due to social reasons, but will keep it to very occasional use afterwards and of course, no Kratom to fill my Opiate receptors for the days in between. I am genuinely hoping that the mood lifting will be back for my Christmas dose.

I am still interested in more conversations around this whole thing with others who have experience when it comes to tolerance.
Is it just not possible to be a recreational Opiate user? Is tolerance really going to be an issue even if I start dosing biweekly after New Years?
Now that I am here 6 days later with no Opiates I feel less delusional lol. If I need to just fuck back off to yearly use I will, but I would love to strike a balance here if it is possible.

No, empty stomach and I quit using morphine er 24/7 and I take Valium. I do not abuse or misuse my meds. I sometimes have some extras at the end of the month.
I don't really like opiods, accept that I have a script for pain and because of my pancreas, I eat little.
I use to be a drunk, but I abstain from it and all illegal drugs( now)
I was on only 3 a day until August, then 4 (10 mg). It was for legit pain and I don't use them for fun.
Maybe the recent gabapentin script and the Valium help.
I have been on benzos almost as long and by themselves don't do shit. 3x10mg diazepam to help me get off Ativan( lorazepam).
If you take them for legit pain and keep a regular schedule and don't increase or double up or more the effects, at least in me stay.
However, I am under medicated and have mild nausea all the time. But for an hour or so 4 times a day my mood is uplifted and depression is gone.
I tried Kratom, but when I found out it will fuck your tolerance, I stayed away. Never used much, found out on a post after I bought a small bag at a tobacco store. I am not real active. ( no, not fat but I spend most of the day sitting on my ass reading, watching movies and am unemployed) activity tends to kill the effects.

Last edited:

Interesting, but I want to make sure I understand what this means in practical terms. You said that the mitragynine has a half life over 24 hrs but that it isn't the more potent metabolite, which has a much shorter half -life (is that the 7-HMG?) When you redose in less than 24 hours because of the decline of 7-HMG, your level of mitragynine builds up due to its longer half life. You say this in turn builds up your tolerance to kratom faster, even though the mitragynine itself is not making you high? I guess to get around this rapid tolerance increase, you have to avoid taking kratom daily: of course all drugs build up tolerance faster the more frequently you take them. This is more of an issue with kratom than with other drugs because of the nature of mitragynine? Does this kratom tolerance in any way affect your tolerance to opiods, like the OP is talking about?
Thanks, sorry if my questions aren't very clear.

Did you say you used Kratom?
Used it on the weekdays. My usual weekly dosing schedule would be: 30MG divided into 2 15MGs nightly from Friday - Sunday then starting Monday - Thurs I would dose anywhere between 2-9Gs of Kratom nightly.

Interesting, but I want to make sure I understand what this means in practical terms. You said that the mitragynine has a half life over 24 hrs but that it isn't the more potent metabolite, which has a much shorter half -life (is that the 7-HMG?) When you redose in less than 24 hours because of the decline of 7-HMG, your level of mitragynine builds up due to its longer half life. You say this in turn builds up your tolerance to kratom faster, even though the mitragynine itself is not making you high? I guess to get around this rapid tolerance increase, you have to avoid taking kratom daily: of course all drugs build up tolerance faster the more frequently you take them. This is more of an issue with kratom than with other drugs because of the nature of mitragynine? Does this kratom tolerance in any way affect your tolerance to opiods, like the OP is talking about?
Setting all the chemical talk aside, if you are dosing Kratom daily you are occupying your opiate receptors. The duration of time they are occupied definitely does affect tolerance. And since Kratom binds to the same receptors that Oxys do, its inevitable that tolerance would raise. I was an idiot, I thought since it was a low amount I wasn't doing much harm but at the end of the day you are not returning to baseline if you are dosing nightly. I understand that now. If I knew how much my oxy highs would diminish I would have never started the Kratom tbh.

Both mitragynine and 7-HMG cause an increase in tolerance. Mitragynine will do so through a compensatory increase in adenylate cyclase while 7-NMG does so by causing receptor internalization through beta-arrestin. 7-HMG is multiple times more potent than morphine while mitragynine is less potent. That's why you feel some withdrawal after a short period but the drugs left in the system prevent full withdrawal for a while until everything is gone which is when it starts getting really nasty.

Mitragynine increase tolerance through two mechanisms with different temporal dynamics making it more difficult to deal with. Mitragynine may not make someone with a tolerance feel "high" but it will still be preventing some aspects of withdrawal.

Keep in mind that there is no formal research on this stuff yet so I'm speculating based on the mechanisms that have been researched, this is just an educated guess. Also this is only considering mitragynine which is one alkaloid out of many. There are other alkaloids interacting with different receptors and different circuits causing different withdrawal symptoms in kratom leaf

Both mitragynine and 7-HMG cause an increase in tolerance. Mitragynine will do so through a compensatory increase in adenylate cyclase while 7-NMG does so by causing receptor internalization through beta-arrestin. 7-HMG is multiple times more potent than morphine while mitragynine is less potent. That's why you feel some withdrawal after a short period but the drugs left in the system prevent full withdrawal for a while until everything is gone which is when it starts getting really nasty.

Mitragynine increase tolerance through two mechanisms with different temporal dynamics making it more difficult to deal with. Mitragynine may not make someone with a tolerance feel "high" but it will still be preventing some aspects of withdrawal.

Keep in mind that there is no formal research on this stuff yet so I'm speculating based on the mechanisms that have been researched, this is just an educated guess. Also this is only considering mitragynine which is one alkaloid out of many. There are other alkaloids interacting with different receptors and different circuits causing different withdrawal symptoms in kratom leaf
Is there any rule of thumb for how long it takes for withdrawal-level addiction to develop? Frequency of dose or quantity of dose? I did read somewhere that kratom causes an easier to deal with withdrawal, but I'd just as soon avoid it altogether. One thing that seems problematical with kratom is that it is a plant material with many different alkaloids present at different levels, so there is no consistency to base anything on. I haven't yet seen any way to make sense out of all the many different varieties, and even then, I am sure there is variation within a particular variety.

Hi Everyone,

I used to get the sweats from kratom to in the beginning of my addiction. Not anymore though. Its been 2 and a half years.
Honestly if you use kratom that much then spending money on the oxy is pointless.
You have to stop taking the kratom for a minute and see.
I used oxy and it was diminshed 6 months into kratom daily use.
I used oxy 24 hours after kratom dose and felt nothing after 1 and a half years of kratom daily use.
Tommorow will be 6 days from any opiate use and I will see if the oxy actually gives me euphoria. Its been 2 and a half years of kratom daily use.
I started with the amount you are doing but I use a fuck ton of kratom now but I will let you know what happens tommorow

I think you will get some break through but still have another week or 2 for the full benefits..just my guess...kratom is no joke and renders opiates useless

First of all, I was good with my meds for pain, and was able to get a mood lift from a single no acetaminophen oxy 10 and pain relief for7+ years. That is not the case, hardly anymore. Which sucks because I was told in Dec 2015, I had a year to live without a liver transplant. No transplant and now things are getting bad for me. I cannot realistically stop taking them to reset my tolerance. I have taken them too long. The state I am in are total dicks about opiods, my doctor even said he would prescibe me a lot more if it weren't for state guidelines.
However in your case, if you can stay off, of Kratom, oxycodone and any other opiates for a while you may be able to reset your tolerance.
Actor Brad Renfro, and that guy from that stupid ass show Glee all died of heroin overdoses. Why, because they had been clean and their tolerance reset and they probably took what ever amount that they use to take. So many junkies die this way, forget about the fentanyl and traq dope for a minute, what kills a lot of heroin users?
Yea, some get shit that has not been stepped on enough, but it is the fact they get clean and relapse with a dose that is for an addict, not someone who has, functionally become pretty much opiate naive. They lost their tolerance and took what they use to take or close to it. Then it killed them, like so many others who try to get clean, stay clean a while and then relapse and die.🙏😔
I have no idea, and it almost certainly depends on the person and a whole long list of other factors. About what? An opiate reset of tolerance.
You would have to stay away from everything that messes with opiate receptors a while.
There are people on here who may be able to help give you a rough estimate.
It is worth noting that there have been many cases of people fresh out of rehab, who were dead shortly; within hours or less of an overdose.
I was an alcoholic( I cannot truly be considered one anymore, because I can not drink. My body is allergic to it, to the point that I itch all over and can not keep it down or get any sort of buzz. The itching is all over and anti histamine in hugh doses don't really help.) I had went through withdrawals for literally a few years of my life. No money, no booze. My tolerance never got super hugh because of breaks. But when I did binge, it was all waking hours when I had money, and my tolerance would go up. Then I would sober up and go for weeks without, and it(my tolerance of alcohol) would drop very noticeably.
Honestly, I wish I had never messed with anything intoxicating, the oxycodone, morphine and benzos were to help deal with the pain of pancreatitus(it stopped and no more morphine) and the benzos to keep me calm and able to sleep. Opiates even though they are downers, can give you energy and keep you up: yes I know you are aware of this.
I would highly recommend living a sober life. However, if you are not going too.
Then you are probably going to have to abstain from all for, it depends on your body, but I would stop at least a month or more.
Then try the original dose when you were first introduced?, to oxycodone and stay away from Kratom, for good. I would say the same about recreational opiates, but you are going to do what you want with your body.
Actually, I am getting a mood lift,😊, empty stomach and not moving much.
There is a saying I read on here, it went something like this: You can always take more but you can't take less. Please be careful and don't ruin your life or become a statistic.

Last edited: