• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Am I addicted to Xanax?

I'm sorry but help me understand what you came here for.
1) You said your doctor diagnosed an issue with you that he felt requires medication.
2) He then prescribed a pretty conservative dosage of Xanax.
3) You have stated you barely take them and you continue to Not take them as your doctor has prescribed.
4) You clearly do not abuse the Xanax and frankly as paranoid as you seem to be, I doubt you ever will.

I think this lays out the facts of your situation as I see it. My question is why would you write that you need to stop taking this medicine your doctor has diagnosed you need? I hope you understand there's a difference between taking a medication as your doctor has prescribed and going ape shit addict and taking all your meds in a few days! There actually can be a happy medium. I sincerely hope you find it.

I'm just having trouble understanding why you and many others just jump on this "oh my god, you need to stop taking that ASAP", like you're doing something wrong! From what you've written, you are Not, unless not taking them as prescribed counts. I'm sorry but I just don't understand this thought process. I'm really trying to understand where your heads at OP.

No, actually. And, please keep the rude disposition in your back-pocket for right now, because we have a guy who is clearly in a state of fear regarding this process. You making statements like this in absolute terms is dangerous. You're logic is misplaced dude. An addict who takes 4mg per day for years vs. the patient who is prescribed 4mg is no different. The metabolic processes of your body do not discriminate between addict/patient. Ask the personified Opioid Epidemic how he or she came to occur ;) Dependency is inevitably an issue with the liberal use of Benzodiazepines.

Also, specifically, BeachBum, by encouraging or approving this guy's continued use of Benzodiazepines, you violate the clearly stated tenets of Benzodiazepine prescribing and in the process, the philosophy of harm reduction and subsequently, our stated goals and philosophy. I get tired of saying it, but Benzodiazepines are not to be used beyond a period of several weeks. It's not opinion, it's no discourse, it's well-known.

Last edited: