• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

ALPRAZOLAM(XANAX)

Skidmuffin

Greenlighter
Hey guys I'm new I live in the mid Atlantic, sup everyone. I think this is the right thread go easy this is my first post.

I've been on xanax for 5 years. Started with a 90 2mg script had that for a year or so, then all the primary care Dr's. Here would totally trip about writing (btw I attend a methadone clinic, the only dr that found this out was the next one I am on 87mg but JUST started tapering 7mg a week). My next dr. Found out about the clinic, dropped me to 1mg 2x a day and he'd give me 30 every 2 weeks. Eventually he sent me to a psych and now inget 2mg 2x a day again.

I would also order 3mg S90 hulk presses from a friend online because my tolerance goes up in the matter of days? Is this normal? Within 3 days of just getting this 2mg script in taking 6mg multiple times a day.

Im thinking about taking a 1 week cold turkey break, the only time I'd take .5 or qmg is if I felt a seizure comming on.

Why does my tolerance build so fast??? It's sooo annoying, Any tip???

Hi Skidmuffin. Welcome to Bluelight. Were you a lurker before you signed up?

So am I to understand that you take 6mgs multiple times a day? As in like 18 mgs per day?

Quite a bit of xanax but like you said your tolerance is high.

And you want to not take any for a week ( except .05 ) if you feel a seizure coming on?

I don't think that is going to work very well. I get you want to lower your tolerance but going from 18 mgs to zero is totally dangerous. I don't know a whole lot ( just what I have read from other posters ) but don't try this until another poster comes along and gives you better advice than I can.

Good luck and again, welcome to BL.

Hi Skidmuffin. Welcome to Bluelight. Were you a lurker before you signed up?

So am I to understand that you take 6mgs multiple times a day? As in like 18 mgs per day?

Quite a bit of xanax but like you said your tolerance is high.

And you want to not take any for a week ( except .05 ) if you feel a seizure coming on?

I don't think that is going to work very well. I get you want to lower your tolerance but going from 18 mgs to zero is totally dangerous. I don't know a whole lot ( just what I have read from other posters ) but don't try this until another poster comes along and gives you better advice than I can.

Good luck and again, welcome to BL.

It has been said throughout time: "When the student is ready, the teacher shall appear". Hopefully I can be of some limited use to you man. I need to be very blunt and say that what you've said thus far worries me. I hear often of folks taking intentional tolerance-breaks from Cannabis as a drug. It often makes sense. For many of us addicts, Marijuana represents a fairly potent drug that doesn't do anything to ruin our lives and doesn't cause true compulsive usage. But we're addicts and sometimes we go off the furrough and we reset through such processess.

The thing is, I really don't feel that taking a week-long break will actually do anything truly constructive for you. It will just feel shitty. Opioids are great if you're looking for love in all the wrong places like Johnny Lee and Benzodiazepines are a great compliment to that decision to numb yourself.

Are you taking these for a serious condition or just for what you would call more general neurosis? It's not like one is right and the other wrong, but I'm of the mind that people are better off without Benzodiazepines. They're very addictive, produce a dangerously powerful dependence and do it all in a pretty insidious way. If you were my friend, my love or my family, I would want you to be on the lowest dose of Benzodiazepine possible.

This doesn't mean you have to quit immediately, but if we're going to have a relationship here, in which we really counsel you effectively, I think it's important to establish some philosophical stuff ahead of time. I belive people can use Benzodiazepines safely and constructively. I don't believe in overusage though. I don't want you to spend your life dependent on the shit if you don't need it.

Not only is there quite a bit of negative publicity surrounding these drugs so far, but it would appear that the chronic effects of high dosage use have consequences above and beyond what anyone ever thought would there would be.

ive given up resisting low dose xanax, all these other SSRIs and lack o sleep have me troubled and i do feel calmer and not high, i dont have answers like so many , so many have helped meh, am skert of addiction and withdrawl, but damn i felt so freaky, dont think this antidepressant is worth it all, then be addicted to it, oh anyhoo, hope youre doing ok Welcome! wish i had tips but there are so many brilliant folks here with experience

I started taking them for a condition im going to use them to withrmdrawl the methadone. I took 3 2mg kpin caught a buzz then the next day my tolerance skyrocketed I barleybfeel anything I feel like im wasting them. I'm guna use the rest of what I have to hold me over until I can get a package of hulks.

So skid, exactly how many mgs. of benzos are you taking per day ( on a heavy use day ) ?

Is your end goal to use as prescribed(, or a much lower dose,) or is your end goal to bridge a gap when you run out of script. Is that why you buy the extra 90 because your script doesn't last and now your tolerance is through the roof?

Forgive me for the ?'s but I'm not really understanding your end goal? Lowering your tolerance I understand, and using more than prescribed, I understand, was just trying to figure out how many mgs you want to be at daily. Would you be happy at 4, 6, 8.....just curious.

So skid, exactly how many mgs. of benzos are you taking per day ( on a heavy use day ) ?

Is your end goal to use as prescribed(, or a much lower dose,) or is your end goal to bridge a gap when you run out of script. Is that why you buy the extra 90 because your script doesn't last and now your tolerance is through the roof?

Forgive me for the ?'s but I'm not really understanding your end goal? Lowering your tolerance I understand, and using more than prescribed, I understand, was just trying to figure out how many mgs you want to be at daily. Would you be happy at 4, 6, 8.....just curious.

I'm gonna politely piggy-back on that @Pumpkin2021 I have all of those same questions. Using medications like Opiates, Benzodiazepines and the like chronically, usefully and functionally, is nothing short of a science. I don't mean, not dying, always maintaining a supply or any of that obvious shit. What I mean is, you have to be so careful with your dosage, keep it as low as possible and then, and only then, maybe, can you use Benzodiazepines indefinitely. I have met many people, most of them sick or injured seriously, who maintain benefit from their Opioids for years and years and even the "non-addict" ones have bumps in the road dealing with tolerance, reduced efficacy etc. Benzodiazepines are a lot more mysterious. As crazy as this sounds, they are still pretty "new" especially in relation to Opiates, which predate writing itself.

Even with a drug that predates history, we still have many gaps in our understanding. Benzodiazepines only started going strong in the 70's-80's as they replaced the Barbiturates/non-Barbiturates i.e. Secobarbital (Seconal) and Methaqualone (Quaalude) respectively. All of these drugs, that is, Benzo's, Barbiturates and Alcohol all share very common pharmacokinetics. Benzodiazepines and Barbiturates in the same way, are a lot like Alcohol in pill form, in a very simple way of making sense of this. We know that a lot of the negative side-effects of Alcohol are mitigated by these pharmaceuticals, but I believe there is a correlation of some kind between the drugs that activate these pathways in the brain and chronic neurological symptoms like dementia/memory/motor skills. Benzodiazepines will not give you cirrhosis, but they might be just as harmful to you in other ways.

So, if you want to maintain the benefit of your medication, picking up 90 extra "bars" is not improving your situation. You gotta cut that shit out right now and delete the number if you're dedicated to the process. It's a temptation that can only derail your stability.

Let us know more about your situation and we can then try to tailor a plan for you that makes sense based upon your goals. We are happy to help.

I'm gonna politely piggy-back on that @Pumpkin2021 I have all of those same questions. Using medications like Opiates, Benzodiazepines and the like chronically, usefully and functionally, is nothing short of a science. I don't mean, not dying, always maintaining a supply or any of that obvious shit. What I mean is, you have to be so careful with your dosage, keep it as low as possible and then, and only then, maybe, can you use Benzodiazepines indefinitely. I have met many people, most of them sick or injured seriously, who maintain benefit from their Opioids for years and years and even the "non-addict" ones have bumps in the road dealing with tolerance, reduced efficacy etc. Benzodiazepines are a lot more mysterious. As crazy as this sounds, they are still pretty "new" especially in relation to Opiates, which predate writing itself.

Even with a drug that predates history, we still have many gaps in our understanding. Benzodiazepines only started going strong in the 70's-80's as they replaced the Barbiturates/non-Barbiturates i.e. Secobarbital (Seconal) and Methaqualone (Quaalude) respectively. All of these drugs, that is, Benzo's, Barbiturates and Alcohol all share very common pharmacokinetics. Benzodiazepines and Barbiturates in the same way, are a lot like Alcohol in pill form, in a very simple way of making sense of this. We know that a lot of the negative side-effects of Alcohol are mitigated by these pharmaceuticals, but I believe there is a correlation of some kind between the drugs that activate these pathways in the brain and chronic neurological symptoms like dementia/memory/motor skills. Benzodiazepines will not give you cirrhosis, but they might be just as harmful to you in other ways.

So, if you want to maintain the benefit of your medication, picking up 90 extra "bars" is not improving your situation. You gotta cut that shit out right now and delete the number if you're dedicated to the process. It's a temptation that can only derail your stability.

Let us know more about your situation and we can then try to tailor a plan for you that makes sense based upon your goals. We are happy to help.
Great info. Good post.

I would also order 3mg S90 hulk presses from a friend online
Big red flag. By now everyone and their dog should know pressies can contain anything and everything. Now when they jus made practically etizolam globally illegal each one of our bars will contain an unknown amount of flualprazolam or flubromazolam in them. They¨re the two most infamous black out benzos existing at the moment. Go do some googleing and tell me what you think. Like what kind shit are you starting to get at? Is it already too late to stop them and tolerate life with pharma benzos you only have a limited access? What kind of plan you need to concider to keep to it without relapsing? There's something for oyu to think aboiut for starters anyway..