• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alprazolam lasting 24 hrs + ?

Behappystayhappy

Bluelighter
My friend was with me and had some xanax and weed. The pills were the yellow "r039" bars (aka school busses.) He had a bar and a half with him and asked me how much he should take. I told him it was up to him because worst case scenario he would pass out on my couch and wake up a little bit tired. So he did a bar and a quarter, (2.5mg), and had a bowlpack. And sure enough, after some barred out phone calls he made and stumbling around the house eating all my food, he passed out on my couch. This is where it gets weird. He wakes up the next morning, almost 10 hours after he ingested the pill. Still JUST AS HIGH. He goes home and continues to be high for over 18 hours, and have an after school for over 48. I really dont think the pill was fake. It tasted bitter just like xanax does and dissolved quickly in his mouth. What could have happened?! Xanax only lasts 6-8 hours bruh... He is not on any medication, however drinks a lot of caffeine.

2.5mgs is a lot for novice, high even for some with exp
so yes its plausible that after 10 hrs you still wouldve felt something, you shouldve had about half of what you took still active in your system
but to say "JUST AS HIGH" i doubt it, but a really good fn buzz

there is a bunch of things to factor in
your tolerance, how you metabolize the xanax etc

2.5mgs is a lot for novice, high even for some with exp
so yes its plausible that after 10 hrs you still wouldve felt something, you shouldve had about half of what you took still active in your system
but to say "JUST AS HIGH" i doubt it, but a really good fn buzz

there is a bunch of things to factor in
your tolerance, how you metabolize the xanax etc

Tolerance and metabolism definitely factor in. If you're even slightly deficient in CYP3A4, it can make a huge difference it drug effect and duration. And the 6-8hr you mentioned is usually correct... for therapeutic, anxiolytic effects. A recreational dosage for someone that has never taken it before - especially that large of a dose (alprazolam comes in .25mg dosages, that can be broken in half for .125mg) is bound to have after effects. I concur that what you experienced is an afterglow type effect. Alprazolam's half life is 12 hours as well, so its effects can last up to that long in some individuals, which is why it can be taken twice a day sometimes.

Interesting. I wish i knew this. My friend got in a lot of trouble. Ive heard of and experienced LIGHT afterglows. But nothing heard like this... Unless they take kpins or some other long-lasting benzo. What does "CYP3A4" have to do with anything? Never heard of that

I have never heard of Xanax lasting 24 hours. Are you sure it was instant release and not Xanax XR? 2.5mg's is alot however for someone with no tolerance so i would expect them to be a little groggy and fucked up the next day for awile. Where they drinking grapefruit juice or taking Cimetidine or something else that inhibits the CYP3A4 enzyme? 24+ hours is a long time for a drug that only has a half life of about 6-12 hours max. Though perhaps he is just a slow metabolizer of drugs that use this enzyme. It would be interesting to give him a equivalent dose of another short acting Benzo that uses a different liver enzyme such as Lorazepam and see how it affects him.

if you did in fact feel something post 24 hrs from xanax
i can only imagine how a long lasting benzo like klonopin or valium will effect you lol

i sometimes take .25mg or .5mg the actual therapeutic effects only last like an hr or 2...but 2 hrs is really pushing the envelope
anther hr or 2 i feel it lingering
6 to 8 hrs after that i feel nothing what so ever

thats why xanax isnt intended for long term use for legit anxiety issues because youll be popping them like crazy
IMO/IME xanax is more of "in case shit happens"....as i do have legitimate anxiety and panic attacks
puts the breaks on things within a few mins if i sub it