• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Alpha waves and mind reading

Lost Ego

Bluelighter
Usually right b4 i go to bed, right b4 i fall asleep, i get wierd images in my head, they are random, i like to think they are thoughts and ideas coming to me from the universe. Usually when i smoke hella weed and relax i get images like those and i can see life through my friend's eyes who is sitting right next to me or doing something and i can see everything how he sees it for a split second and i can almost hear what that particular friend is thinking(though its kinda muffled and hard to understand) and i can almost feel his emotions. This usually happens for a split second but time seems to lapse and the moment seems like an eternity. I think this all has to do with other phenomenons such as like when you are thinking of a girl who lives halfway across the world and you can't get her off your mind and then she calls u and it just so happens that person was thinking of you too. Alpha waves kind of make sense out of all this, i like to think of them like radio waves how they are all around us, our brains create them when we are relaxed and the brain can also pick them up. smoking weed and meditating, among other things, put your brain into this zen like state that allows phenomenal things to happen(for me anyways). it just so happens that the earth emits a similar frequency... You should all watch the movie "the secret" if you are interested in this. It's a similar theory explained through quantum physics and how desires are manifested into reality, into the world just by thinking about it and how your thoughts can reach other people.

im hoping that im not the only person in the world who feels like a medium for alpha waves when baked (and around people). im hoping someone can tell me im not a schizo for thinking that im hearing people's thoughts. i really believe with training i could. hopefully someone else on this forum gets those psychedelic visuals, not hallucinations, from smoking weed as well. respond to this thread, prove my sanity! lol...

The Power of Alpha Thinking by Jess Stearn might interest you. Its mostly a personal account of Silva Mind Control or the Silva Method. To keep skeptics happy I'll link to the skeptic's dictionary entry on Silva. http://www.skepdic.com/silva.html

brain waves don't travel far (fall off with the square of the distance) and by the time they get to the surface they're all garbled anyway because it's millions of neurons layered onto eachother all producing signals. it's useful for diagnostic purposes sometimes, but if we do have an ability to peer into eachothers' consciousness, it's not through alpha waves imo.

^Alpha is a state characterized by the brain's primary electrical activity being in the range of 7 to 14 hertz. (some people use slightly different ranges) People into alpha as a state associated with purported "psychic" phenomena are almost never suggesting it is a matter of transmission or reception of brainwaves.

enki, i dont want to learn to hypnotize people(my take on silva), interesting as it may be, i find it to be immoral. i want to find out if anyone has had any psychic experiences stemming from weed.

i think that if you can control a computer mouse with alpha and mu waves, why cant those same waves reach someone near your vicinity? im by no means suggesting i can control these people with my mind but i sure can read their thoughts. im not sure if its the reception/transmission of their brain waves, more-so its like my alpha state allows me to recieve some of their energy or chi.

http://www.realsuperpowers.com/alpha-thinking this is sorta what im talking about

Silva is not about hypnotizing other people its about being able to access and utilize specific states.

People who control a mouse through brainwaves do so because they have sensitive electrodes hooked up to their scalp and the results are fed into sophisticated equipment. The brainwaves are not moving the mouse its that peoples brain states are the feedback method by which people interact with the hardware and software involved.

First, when we say a certain frequency of brainwave characterizes someone's neural activity, we mean that that frequency characterizes the sum dominant pattern of oscillation of neural activity. All kinds of neural circuits are active in various ways, firing attuned to various frequencies, all the time.

However, frequency of sum neural activity is indeed meaningful. Alpha waves are generally associated with calm wakeful states. They don't appear closely linked with mind control or hypnosis. :p

Hypnagogic hallucinations are indeed associated with alpha waves, but in pre-sleep states, so patterns of brainwaves more mark the calmness prior to sleep-induction, not direct causation of hypnagogic hallucination. Such hallucinations are even more common with stage 1 NREM sleep, where alpha waves give way to bursts of theta waves. Theta waves are also associated with some meditative states.

ebola