• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Advil Pm/Xanax after cocaine use

Rambo!12

Bluelighter
Has anyone tried this? Mixing xanax and advil pm after?

I only have 1 bar left and don't think itl do the trick, will this be effective? I don't think it would be dangerous, but don't want to get restless legs as I do sometimes when I take 2 advil pms

I think its pretty safe. Depending on how much and how long you did and the quality of the cocaine, it would be speculation to say if it will be effective. Dont take two Advil PM to avoid the RLS. Coke jitters and comedown + RLS sounds awful.

^Beat me too it. I'm not an expert, but I've heard it said that the "anti-cholinergic" effects of certain antihistamines are what contribute to the super shitty exacerbation of restless legs. I'm guessing the Advil PM is Diphenhydramine and I avoid taking this when I'm already feeling badly, either from withdrawal or a comedown. It's never made things better for me or anyone that I know, yet the medical community will shove sedating antihistamines down your throat for just about anything.

It probably isn't going to completely anesthetised like I'm sure you'd like, but provided you don't have a significant tolerance, 2mg Alprazolam (Xanax) should be enough to really take the edge off and hopefully help you get some sleep. If you do decide to take the Diphenhydramine, I would definitely not exceed 50mg; not for safety, for the sake of your RLS.

Thanks to you both. I gave it a shot and it worked out great. Yeah the restless leg thing is terrible. The combination was very effective for me and I passed out like an hour after my last line. Xanny brought me down gently and then boom out like a light!

^Beat me too it. I'm not an expert, but I've heard it said that the "anti-cholinergic" effects of certain antihistamines are what contribute to the super shitty exacerbation of restless legs.

You're right, antihistamines will intensify the RL
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3480566/
Antihistamines

Due to their ease of availability, this is 1 of the most common classes of drugs that is bothersome to patients with RLS. There is no medical literature to substantiate this association, but extensive clinical experience supports this effect. These drugs are prevalent in OTC sleeping pills (diphenhydramine, doxylamine) and OTC cold remedies (often in combination with other drugs, which makes their presence even less obvious). Alternatives to their use include the newer second generation H1 blockers (loratadine, fexofenadine, desloratadine, and possibly cetirizine) that do not cross the blood-brain barrier and thus do not worsen RLS symptoms.

Anti-Nausea and Anti-Emetic Drugs

Many anti-nausea drugs (trimethobenzamide, prochlorperazine, promethazine, hydroxyzine (both are Antihistamines), meclizine, and metoclopramide) block the dopamine system and thus may worsen RLS [56]. Alternatives include the newer selective 5-HT3 receptor antagonists (granisetron hydrochloride, ondansetron hydrochloride), which do not bind to the dopamine receptors [57], and the peripherally acting drug domperidone (not available in the United States [U.S.]), which does not cross the blood-brain barrier and does not affect RLS

Considering that NSAID's increase the risk of having a stroke relatively significantly, I wouldn't mix the two. Also, the "PM" part of it refers to the benadryl in it (diphenhydramine). Combine that with the fact that most first-gen antihistamines like benadryl have significant anti-cholinergic (increases heart rate, dries mouth and eyes, and makes RLS much worse), I would strongly advise taking it on the same day you take coke in the future.

There are so many much more suitable OTC sleep medications for your purpose that it's relatively irresponsible of us to condone mixing the two.