Advice please guys....

Crackle pop

Bluelighter
After noon everyone.
So my daughter wants to come stay over night ( its payday kids eh lol) shes been so off with me since relapsing.
Thing is once she sees the tv has gone she will know im bang at it an tell the family who will cut all contact wether im dying or not.
Put it this way my last heart attack a really bad one was in hospital two weeks. My old man nor only didnt cone visit or ring he didnt even text me not once to see how iam. Hes just started talking to me again.
So do i come clean bcoz im buying another later when my money goes in my bank. Do i tell her i pawned it for abit of cash. Say it broke so sold spares n repairs. Or thati owed some money n they came for it and took tv to cover it?
I just dont know. I knew it was a silly idea ffs
Any advice at all appreciated....

Just my opinion here but being honest and coming clean about selling it for drugs will go farther in the long run than making up some shitty lie. Might not go over so well in the beginning but the more you are honest with the ones you're closest to the easier it will be for them to understand your struggles.

Just my opinion here but being honest and coming clean about selling it for drugs will go farther in the long run than making up some shitty lie. Might not go over so well in the beginning but the more you are honest with the ones you're closest to the easier it will be for them to understand your struggles.
I disagree.
It highly depends on how old she is.
For example, explaining to a 6 year old that your father pawned the TV for drugs....not only is it inappropriate to tell a kid that, it will likely not even really make sense to her.

If she's 13 years old, telling her the complete honest truth will likely just make her resent you.

You can tell her your sold it cos you needed cash, but you don't need to tell her it was for drugs.

I disagree.
It highly depends on how old she is.
For example, explaining to a 6 year old that your father pawned the TV for drugs....not only is it inappropriate to tell a kid that, it will likely not even really make sense to her.

If she's 13 years old, telling her the complete honest truth will likely just make her resent you.

You can tell her your sold it cos you needed cash, but you don't need to tell her it was for drugs.
I see your point. I didnt tske age into consideration

It's a hard one that mate. My kids have grown up with me being a wreck head so a story like that wouldn't faze them.

But in your case I'd be inclined to say that you had to sell it to heat the house. I don't know how old your daughter is, but I'm sure she'll get over not having a TV for a few days...

I don't have any advice for this exact situation.

What I will say though, is this. My father was a major alcoholic. There were many things that happened during my childhood that I didn't understand.

For example, he would take me to my sports games, I'd start playing and score a goal and look into the stands where my father once was, expecting him to cheer me on... and he was never there (he would drop me off, go get drunk, then come back to take me home. Never watched me play)

It didn't bother me too much at the time because I didn't understand.

It wasn't until I was older and he admitted that he wasn't there because he was off getting fucked up (not once... dozens of times, every time). When I learned the truth years later... THATS when the resentment came.... learning the truth years later... hurt more than knowing at 10 years old.

I think that's a little different from a missing TV. Spend time with your kid, you can do other things than watch TV, and she might not even notice. I think the key is just giving them the attention they deserve and spending time with them, way more than a silly TV.