View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Advice on 25C-Nbome 350ug blotters a few years old

kitsunedemon

Greenlighter
Basically I have some 25C-NBOME blotters from a long time ago, probably about 4-5 years that were dosed at 350ug, I have two. I have them stored in sealy bags in a bigger sealy bag which I have put a silica gel pack in, in hopes that the lack of air exposure could keep as much of the potency over a period of time. (I am so sorry I am sure the chemists and scientists are wanting to cry at my makeshift methods of storage)

I haven?t done any Phenethylamines in a few years, but have taken DOx?s, 2c?s, MD, tryptamines etc before. I want a fun trippy time, but don?t want a completely mind melting experience. My question mainly is should I just take 1 350ug blotter hoping the potency hasn?t completely degraded? Or will it 100% have done so and should I just take the 2 at the same time if I?m going to do anything?

And the final thought was comedown time, are Benzos safe to take for the comedown with the NBOMEs? Alprazolam / Clonazepam mainly.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Phenethylamines like the NBOMes are extremely stable and considering you stored them well (that's actually pretty decent storage, for phenethylamines anyway) I wouldn't expect any loss in potency. I'd go with the one as it's a safer dosage than 2, and will still deifnitely make you trip. And finally, benzos are perfectly safe to take on the comedown. :)

^^^Agreed. 250ug was potent for me and I don't have like an unusual psychedelic tolerance or anything, it's just highly varied person to person on the correct dosage. Some people freaked out on 250ug whereas others felt little on 1mg, that's why the shit is dangerous and was abandoned for the most part as a psychedelic worth taking.

Also these substances have a long shelf life. I've had blotters dosed at 450ug (25c and 25b) sit in a hot storage unit for a portion of their life, I've had them since ~2012 so 6 years. They're still just as good.

Highly stable, no worries.

-GC

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading about people dying on NBOMe's has completely put me off from wanting to try them again. LSD seems like something nutritious compared to it in this sense.

I have taken them before and the first dose was fine but the second dose I caught the fear. I think I took maybe upwards of 3 or 4 blotters and was drinking wine. Real nasty, scary time.

Since reading about all the deaths I can't support this stuff anymore.

But I would just stick with one as you seem ok with taking them. Two might be stronger than you want, who knows. Better safe than sorry. A benzo on hand is always an idea.

I just don't like the nature of this one I am sorry if any of that was offensive. Call me chemically cautious and NBOMe's are spooky to me.

How does it kill people?

To answer this question we reached out to Dr David Caldicott who is a senior clinical lecturer at the ANU medical school. David also works as emergency hospital consultant where he's seen NBOMe patients admitted with a range of symptoms. While these are often the result of psychosis-induced injury, David says it's drug's effect on the cardiovascular system that's the real problem.

"NBOMe creates problems by thickening the blood and thinning the blood vessels," he explains, "and this is the main catalyst behind a range of other issues including ventricular fibrillation leading to heart attack, renal failure, and even stroke. These are conditions that no self-respecting 20-something year old is normally entitled to have."
In this way NBOMe is different to most other hallucinogens. There has never been a recorded overdose with LSD, mushrooms, or mescaline. But NBOMe's blood clotting effect, overall toxicity, and extreme potency make it unique. This is a point made clear by David, who relates the story of a 20-something year-old patient he saw in 2014.
"This young man was not unfamiliar with drug consumption and wisely decided to take one quarter of one pill. Not long after he decided to admit himself and came into our hospital with a deranged heart-beat, from just a quarter. If he'd taken the whole thing he'd probably have died."

The quote is kinda weird since NBOMes are not orally active and aren't ever distributed as pills. However, yes I agree with you. One point is that the original NBOMe blotters - for some unknown reason - were laid at 800ug, 1000ug, even 1200ug per hit. Which is WAY too strong. A reasonable dose is more like 250-400ug. Also 25i-NBOMe seems to be the most dangerous of them and it was also the most popular and widely used. Still, I also will not touch them. They're certainly the least safe class of psychedelics, and are truly "research chemicals"... in that there is no long-term history of use whatsoever.

^^^Never understood why 25i was the most popular when by all accounts it was the most dangerous and less "fun" than some of the others.

Also to be that know-it-all dick ;) there has been at least one instance of NBome in a pill. If my memory serves me there were presses circulating with 10mg of 25i I think.. Likeky sold as Ecstasy and likely dosed high to counteract the highly reduced oral activity. But so goddamn irresponsible by the presser, someone decides to snort it and they're dead.

-GC

Yeah there are some sketchy fucks that sell drugs... people were putting fentanyl in cocaine in my area for a bit. 8(

I have found Nbomes to be very orally active.

Be careful, 1/4 of one of those tabs would put me squirming in bed with occasional visionary entertainment and some auditory hallucination as well.

If my memory serves me there were presses circulating with 10mg of 25i I think.. Likeky sold as Ecstasy and likely dosed high to counteract the highly reduced oral activity. But so goddamn irresponsible by the presser, someone decides to snort it and they're dead.

Fuck that's crazy

I have found Nbomes to be very orally active.

The only 25x-NBOMe that I tried was D, and that was buccally (tabs). At that time, I also received 100mg of 25I HCl powder. My intention was to lay it, but the stream of bad incident reports spooked me and I never took the stuff out of storage. Seven years on, the material is still there, but I have zero intention of ever using it buccally or intranasally. However, I've always been interested in the possibility of oral ingestion, provided that careful titration is applied. With that in mind, which 25x's have you tried via this ROA and at what dosage(s)? What were the experiences like?

If I recall, someone did an experiment a couple of years ago and found that for some, the NBOMes are orally active, and for some they are not (or at least, the dose required is far greater). Making 10mg pills of it intensely irresponsible. 8(

Yea when I saw that it got me worked up indeed, people who put out pills like that give the legit manufacturers a bad name beside the fact it's deadly dangerous.

For what it's worth I found 25c-nbome to be orally active too or at least not really in need of all the special precautions people told me when I first tried it. On one occasion I swallowed the dose almost immediately just to see and felt no difference in potency.

My theory is that people who are sensitive to NBomes effects may not need to be strict with the sublingual dosing compared to those that need a lot more.

-GC

Oral activity of NBOMe's is a complex matter and it may depend a whole lot on the lipophilicity of the exact NBOMe in question and a lot of factors of your blood and metabolism determining how much is being converted through oral first pass metabolism. But yes they are potentially orally active if the circumstances are right.

It seems to me that this variability/unreliability is exactly a reason not to fuck with oral activity of NBOMe's because it suggests that it would be really hard to dose safely unless you are more experienced with your own body chemistry. Meaning you would need to get experienced through trial and error. Always shitty when something really risky is involved. It's not even sure if it would be safe if you would titrate.

It's very interesting to hear more about a physicians perspective on toxicity mechanisms like that, its an update for me. I wonder if this means anything for the efficacy of a rumored NBOMe antidote. It was a name sounding a bit like topiramate iirc (although someone has died on the combo so..)

Anyway in my opinion people who rather than accept, ignore the risks of NBOMe's to experiment with them are seriously spoilt cause there are plenty of other great psychedelics out there and similar as the case is with synthetic cannabinoids it is foolish to just go for the potent economical stuff without reflecting on it some more.
Unless you are prepared to face all morbidity risks including potentially triggering anxiety/depression circuits... just wait until we know more about these substances even if it takes another 10 years.