• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Addiction Advice for quitting meth?

Jim_Morrison

Greenlighter
The title says it all but yea I'll give a little back story if you're interested

So on new year's I was at my mates house, hanging out with all of our friends and siblings and all that. Drinking and smoking, you know usual stuff. I think a couple people took molly but nothing too hard. Ive partied, as in I've taken pretty much everything minus the stupid shit like bath salts. It was late, and everyone had left my mates house except for him and I. He had been talking about wanting to try it, his coworker sells it. So we end up saying fuck it and smoked and yea it was the best thing I've ever experienced (which is fucked).

Every weekend since new years I've smoked with him (ill call him Sam for future use). One of our other close friends ended up smoking with us a few times as well as Sam's brother. But for the most part, it was just me and Sam. I was very strict in that
I only smoked every weekend, or if I did smoke in the week i would wait another week after that. Sam wasn't so strict. He smoked multiple time a week since new years, he told me he never went daily but like 1-4 days between uses.

Sam and I tried to quit about a month ago, as all of our friends were concerned with us and wanted us to stop.

My last use was yesterday sometime early in the morning like 7 AM. I havent had withdrawal symptoms so I dont think I'm physically dependent currently. But I know it's getting to the point of where I'm becoming a methhead. Sam and I were talking yesterday and he basically said he isn't quitting any time soon. I'm worried because Sam and his roommate (the new years party was at their house) smoke now, a long with Sam's older brother who also lives there. I'm very close friends with all of them. Sam is the only one who doesn't seriously want to quit (at least I think) yet.

How the fuck am I supposed to quit when my best friends encourage the behavior. I know the obvious answer: dont see those friends. But I'm not ready to sever ties with them because I do love em. I want to get better (sober) and possibly be an example to follow. Also, it doesn't help that meth is literally better than anything I've ever experienced (sex, food, love).

Help :(

Hi,
Good thing is that you won't be getting any physical withdrawals from meth as those "wds" associated to meth use actually result from binging on it and not keeping healthy lifestyle as a result.

Bad thing is that you still have to deal with psychological withdrawals which in my opinion are much worse than physical.

You could try setting limits for yourself when it comes to seeing friends who still use. For example you don't have to be around them when they are under the influence but can see them while they are sober. It will be really hard to not use when others are using around you and takes really strong willpower so that is basically the only way.

You could try writing down pros and cons about your meth use and keep it in hand so you can look at it when the urge to use comes.

Also you can give rewards to yourself for not using.