• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Advice continuing drug usage

GanjaDaddy

Greenlighter
I am a male and am 19 years old. I have been smoking marijuana almost everyday for a year now. Smoked very occasionally before that. I started taking mdma around October 2014 and have been taking it once a month ever since. However it seems to be loosing it's charm. I have taken LSD twice. I have also taken Ket twice. I have done Mephendrone once and didn't find it worth the come down so have decided not to do it again. I enjoyed all the drugs except mephendrone. That's basically my drug usage history.

I have read on a lot of forums and all over the Internet about how people enjoyed doing drugs and it led to anxiety, depression, HPPD and other various mental problems. I have no problems with addiction and enjoy doing drugs recreationally. However reading all these posts has made me really worried and now I'm faced with a choice of whether to stop all hard drugs and just smoke weed occasionally.

Help and advice would be greatly appreciated. I apologise in advice for the amateurish manner that this is post is written in as it is my first time posting on forums.

Do ALL the drugs!

No, seriously, what do you want to hear? As long as you "stick to the rules" (harm reduction and all - e.g. MDMA only once a month etc.) and don't lose sight of the important things in life you're fine IMHO. Just don't lie to yourself.

Look up what supplements you can take to reduce the physical harm mdma is causing to your body (magnesium and R-ALA is a good start).

Your main problem is youre taking drugs too often. For example, 4 weeks between rolls is like the BARE MINIMUM you should be observing, not the golden standard. Ideally you dont want to have more than five or six rolls a year ​if you want to keep the magic of it.

MDMA is a drug you gotta do rarely so it keeps its charm. Your brain only has so much Serotonin it can realease in large batches all the time. You probably feel depressed cause your brain needs alot of time to heal after doing it to repair the serotonin. I did X for like 2 months straight and no matter how many pills I would take nothing would verily happend at the end and coming off it sucked horribly and recently I relapsed and had 100 pills of MDMA I got from someone and by the 4th night I took like 8 and verily felt it. Plus who know what that shit it doing to our body and brain long term.
You should have a easy time quitting the pot and the MDMA just stop doing it and don't think about it.

Don't buy into fear.... Drugs aren't bad nor good. Irresponsible use of them is bad and dangerous and proper use is risky and can have a gain that is priceless. Just be responsible, be knowledgeable, and most importantly be safe.

Mushrooms, Cactus, ayahuasca, most drugs in pihkal, also tihkal as well, and a few I don't care to mention that are well known and get much less respect than they deserve in their understanding and use.

I took to much mdma (almost weekly for about a year when I was 16). Smoked weed daily from age 15 to 21. Used occaissonaly cocaïne, mushrooms and alcohol in between those years. Ended up with big anxiety problems and a mild form of hppd. When I quit everything the anxiety went worse for about a year, then everything went slowly better. Now I'm 27, still clean from the illegal drugs. Only drink alcohol once in a while, and a benzo when it's really necesary. The hppd is still there but it doesn't really bother me. I only notice I have more anxiety than most people on occasions it's normal to have anxiety (job interviews, driving exams,...). Nothing a single use of Xanax/Etizolam can't fix. The useless anxiety I had years ago is over.
As stated above, don't overdue drugs (like me) and you'll probably be fine. Use responsible and know when to stop. Listen to your body and mind.

Your lucky not to have crossed into the 'hard' drugs yet. Im not sure what would categorize a drug as hard but my answer would be something addictive or a pure (i know street gear isnt pure) substance.
If it comes pre-dosed in a nice little pill or blotter then have some responsible fun but never cross into the hard drugs (im sure you will be offered them, politely refuse or indulge depending on the situation), it simply isnt worth finding out if you will or wont get addicted. And for god sake stay away from the one piece of equipment which we all associate with drugs, with that one there is simply no going back.

I am a male and am 19 years old. I have been smoking marijuana almost everyday for a year now. Smoked very occasionally before that. I started taking mdma around October 2014 and have been taking it once a month ever since. However it seems to be loosing it's charm. I have taken LSD twice. I have also taken Ket twice. I have done Mephendrone once and didn't find it worth the come down so have decided not to do it again. I enjoyed all the drugs except mephendrone. That's basically my drug usage history.

I have read on a lot of forums and all over the Internet about how people enjoyed doing drugs and it led to anxiety, depression, HPPD and other various mental problems. I have no problems with addiction and enjoy doing drugs recreationally. However reading all these posts has made me really worried and now I'm faced with a choice of whether to stop all hard drugs and just smoke weed occasionally.

Help and advice would be greatly appreciated. I apologise in advice for the amateurish manner that this is post is written in as it is my first time posting on forums.

STOP WHILE YOURE AHEAD, KID!

I was right there w/ you when I was your age; I smoked weed w/ friends on the weekends, took MDMA at clubs here and there, been on an acid trip or two in my entire life, and I thought everything would always be fine. never thought I had a worry in the world. I was only 19 and figured I had addiction beat and didnt see using as a problem at all.

well, I am 32 now and have been addicted to heroin/opiates for the last 10yrs. the more and more I used drugs recreationally the more it led me to bad places and bad people. eventually I got into the wrong things and started doing the wrong type of drugs and its been fucking hell since.

if I could do it all over again or were smart enough to ask the right people upfront about this experience I would in a heart beat. LIFE IS FUCKING HELL NOW.. so stop while you are ahead, trust us!

luckily for you your drug history only includes psychedelics and empathogenic stimulants. if you don't have any mental health problems stick to the only drugs you've tried minus mephedrone, and use them only very rarely. IMO there is nothing wrong with using mdma, lsd, or ketamine a few times a year.

Weed and the other drugs you've mentioned are some of the less addictive (although still moderately addictive) drugs out there and are probably easier to stop then with opiates or strong psychostimulants. If you use them moderately you might not have problems but if you don't have any mental health problems It might be best not to take the risk.

I ended up with serious anxiety problems and paranoia after a couple years of smoking weed. My case is rare and I'm not saying weed will do this to you, but I could see it coming when I started getting panic attacks, yet I kept smoking. After two years of smoking maybe once every two months the paranoia is completely gone and the anxiety is about 75% gone.

You never know how a drug will effect you in the long term so be very cautious, and definitly don't try hard drugs if you are worried about your mental health.

Last edited:
The problem with weed is that overuse/abuse can lead to depression. In lue of starting a heated debate about this, I should say that smoking weed chronically (no pun intended) lead to depression for me. It absolutely does have some physical withdrawal, as with any narcotic that causes a change to your body's chemistry.

If you repeatedly make that change, especially on a daily basis for months... your body will adapt to the change and eventually crave that change.

Moderation is obviously the best advice. Trust me, I am a heroin FIEND and now have learned how to use moderately after much destruction to my life using it compulsively with reckless abandon. It can be done. You just have to get used to your brain bouncing between being on drugs and being sober and learn how to be happy knowing you're not getting high today, but maybe tomorrow. But it doesn't really matter.

BBT is right kid. Im in the same boat as him. You start trying them all and then you eventually find heroin/opiates. Ive now been addicted to opiates and herion (mainly heroin) now for over 13 years(the years add up so fast), and its just miserable. Its very difficult to lead a decent life and afford a heroin habit at the same time. Basically all money goes to keep the sick off, my checks are gone instantly and in debt with people. Bills are hard to pay because all the responsible things most normal people take care of are put on the back burner when your a long time addict on a regular low paying/not much above minimum wage paying job. I have lost apartments, jobs, trust, the love of my life, you name it, everything has been some what jeoprodized in my life due to heroin addiction. Quit while your ahead bud, or if you cant quit dont ever escalate passed the points you have.

If I knew then, 10 years ago when I was your age, what I know now.... I would have never touched anything besides marijuana and shrooms. (I can't speak for all psychedelics with no other experience with them except shrooms, so don't take it as an insult :-D) Weed doesn't lead you to other drugs. It's that guy you get your weed from. He asks you if you've ever tried this or that. You say no, but don't want to sound like a pussy, so you try it. This goes on for 3...4... 5 years.. different dealers, of course, with different drugs, of course. And during those years, you may quit here and there. You may binge opiates for a month or three, or benzos, then some meth. Three month stretches at a time with almost NO issue, or 3-4 days of W/D and then, bam, 100% GOOD to go, all sober again, no problem "quitting drugs".

But, I promise you... it all comes to an end at some point and you will end up needing the meth/coke/speed/opiates/bupe/benzos, either one or one of.. and every day. I think every addict has been through something like this. And I'm telling ya, if every TRUE addict could go back to their first time taking something truly addictive... not a single one would pick it up again on their second go around in life.