• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adrafinil and caffeine

Mycophile

Bluelighter
Sorry for reposting this, but I kind of wanted an answer tonight...

Ok so I got some adrafinil from 2 different vendors and I am curious about trying it.

Almost all reports I've read of it seem to suggest this is a relatively safe drug to experiment with, probably safer than other stimulants I've used to get high like Dexadrine and Prolintane.

However, I drink a SHIT LOAD of coffee, I honestly don't even know why I drink as much as I do, but my norm is about 8 1/2 cups spread out throughout a day, but sometimes it'll be more like 6.

I have actually combined that much caffeine on MULTIPLE ocassions with Dex, Prolintane, Kratom and Phenibut (I never took Dex and Prolintane together) and the worst issue I ran into was an anxiety attack on dex till the dex worse off and other than that, I've usually enjoyed all these combos.

I had decided on MOST LIKELY taking the Adrafinil tomorrow, but cutting my caffeine dosage in half to 4-5 cups spreadout through the day with a low dose of Adrafinil, which most people seem to say is something like 300mgs.

The average dose range seems to be between 300-600mgs, with people saying not to exceed 600mgs at once or 1,200mgs in a 24 hour period.

I thought I might just wake up, drink 2 cups of coffee with 300mgs Adrafinil on an empty stomach and see how it felt.

But I'd heard that this could have caused potential heart problems for one poster on another forum, and this user's experiences worried me.

I remember years back I asked for Modafinil (which is essentially the same as Adrafinil) from my neurologist who gave me benzos, and he said he wouldn't prescribe it for fear my "heart would explode with all the coffee I drink" ha ha...ugg....lol

Then again, he's a doctor, and doctors play it safe and who knows if he was exaggerating, I mean he also refused to prescribe me dex and I've used that with cofee...

So, how safe is Adrafinil/Modafinil (since they are essentially the same) in combination with large or larger than usual doses of caffeine (just regular coffee or tea, not energy drinks or red bull or caffeine powder).

Also, how safe is it to combine Adrafinil with caffeine and Kratom?

Thanks

Last edited:
In my experience Adrafinil was pretty harsh on the heart so I had to reduce my daily mate tea intake. I was using 300mg when I needed the boost. Decided not to use it anymore because of unpleasant heart side effects.

In my experience Adrafinil was pretty harsh on the heart so I had to reduce my daily mate tea intake. I was using 300mg when I needed the boost. Decided not to use it anymore because of unpleasant heart side effects.

Hmm, I’m not denying your experience, I’m sure it felt that way, but some very knowlegable people are telling me that it is not typically known to cause arrythymias or heart problems.

That doesn’t mean it CAN’T though.

When you say you were “at 300mgs when you needed the boost”, what do you mean?
That you had to increase your dosage to feel more?

What was your max dosage in one shot, in 12 hours, or 24 hours?

I've only taken Modafinil, but when I do (multiple times) I drink a LOT of coffee.

I find that they synergise perfectly. IIRC this is widely accepted. Many people find that Modafinil only really works noticeably in combination with coffee.

Google and you will see. The only problem I've ever had is an increase in anxiety (manageable).

When you say you were “at 300mgs when you needed the boost”, what do you mean?
That you had to increase your dosage to feel more?

What was your max dosage in one shot, in 12 hours, or 24 hours?

I would take 300-500mg in days when I needed more energy, concentration or when I needed to battle the sleep. My max dose was about 600mg in both 12 and 24 hours time frames.

It went well with caffeine as well to me - actually felt lightly euphoric and uplifting. But I never felt the urge to redose with it, not like with amphetamine, mephedrone, MPA or 3-FPM.

Also Adrafinil felt pretty adrenergic to me, lasting quite a while and the side effects worsened when I smoked cannabis (daily smoker) - and that's the reason why I stopped using it. Just didn't feel right in my body I guess. Different strokes for different folks! ;)

It went well with caffeine as well to me - actually felt lightly euphoric and uplifting. But I never felt the urge to redose with it, not like with amphetamine, mephedrone, MPA or 3-FPM.
for different folks!

What I found with modafinil was no need to redose the modafinil itself, but a massive need to redose anything containing caffeine. I find that it makes me feel like an amphetamine was about to kick in and my jaw would start rattling, but then it never does. I guess this is why it's generally labelled a nootropic even though it clearly has stimulant properties. Not quite a recreational drug... But usually feels like it nearly is.

I would take 300-500mg in days when I needed more energy, concentration or when I needed to battle the sleep. My max dose was about 600mg in both 12 and 24 hours time frames.

Also Adrafinil felt pretty adrenergic to me, lasting quite a while and the side effects worsened when I smoked cannabis (daily smoker) - and that's the reason why I stopped using it. Just didn't feel right in my body I guess. Different strokes for different folks! ;)

The past 2 days I also feel it’s a bit adrenergic and not sure I like it much either, but others are saying it doesn’t act in that way.

I’m still debating whether or not I’d ever mix it with kratom because that once led to someone having a seizure, but other very knowledgable people are saying they don’t think that one case study is proof of a bad interaction.

I tend to like to try combos just to “see how it feels”…but yet I get anxiety over trying them lol.

I’m weird like that.

So I’m collecting opinions on whether or not the two are safe to combine, and so far 2 mods are in disagreement.

Most people don't dose as high on Kratom as you do mycophile. You may want to take that into consideration if you do decide to combine both. The seizure risk, if one exists (I have no idea if one does), may be much more likely when doses of one and/or the other is dosed high.

Most people don't dose as high on Kratom as you do mycophile. You may want to take that into consideration if you do decide to combine both. The seizure risk, if one exists (I have no idea if one does), may be much more likely when doses of one and/or the other is dosed high.

That’s true, and my caffeine consumption is just as massive as my Kratom habit, so that, along with some other factors like the study and what one poster said and my own experiences over the past 2 days, led me to flush the shit down the toilet lol.

I tried it yesterday at 600mgs but less coffee…jittery but not AS jittery as today, and BARELY any noticeable effects, and any that were noticeable were mildly unpleasant jitteriness.

Today less Adrafinil at 400mgs, but LOTS more coffee at 7 cups.

After the 7th cups I started getting some mild bouts of light headedness, nothing I think probably did any PERMANENT damage (*knock on wood*) I mean I think it’d have felt MUCH worse if it had or would continue after tonight…and was like fuck it.

This shit is NOT recreational.

It’s less recreational than caffeine for that matter.

It’s useful for narcoleptics and old people with no energy or other conditions leading to no energy or those overly sedated with downers…None of which are me….so I flushed the shit.

Wasted money.

The only use I see for it is to help me cut down on coffee..but I don’t even know if it would help with that….and seeing as the reason I’d bought it was to combine it with Kratom (I know, I have an odd way of thinking about drugs lol)….and I knew it WOULDN’T increase the euphoria, and might pose a risk, I fucking through it out.

That’s 3 drugs thrown out this past month based on mods suggestions: Adrafinil, Qualia and Kanna.

I love drugs, but I’m not an idiot, and if I feel something is off with my body or get a vibe from shit I’m hearing, I’ll decide not to do something.

I mean MAYBE if I’d heard it produced EXTREME euphoria combined with Kratom I’d have taken the risk….but my bet is if anything it would have either been unnoticeable or made me feel worse.

I already know Phenibut and Kratom combine really well and haven’t heard of that having an interaction, so there was no point.

Thanks

There aren't really any extra side effects/interactions when mixing adrafinil and caffeine, but mixing them lowers the amount it would take to be fatal. I'd advise just using one at a time so you can be certain the dose you're taking is safe, but if you are gonna mix them keep the doses low. The fatal doses of Caffeine and adrafinil are both pretty high compared to traditional stimulants like methylphenidate and adderall, but it's always good to stay as safe as possible.