• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Adding Amphetamine to decaffeinated tea/coffee

Coffee is a excellent way to deliver amphetamine.
Remember that coffee acidic, and the less acidic your PH-balance, the better it will be absorbed.

Whenever I get really got amphetamine sulphate (was never a fan of paste) it has a pretty vile chemical taste.

Put amphetamine sulphate (I assume you mean actual amphetamine sulphate, not street "speed" which is like 90% manitol) takes so fucking bad?

Yeh, I'm talking 20 odd years ago when some of the street speed was decent quality. Still impure as fuck, but it actually had amphetamine in it sometimes...

Yeh, I'm talking 20 odd years ago when some of the street speed was decent quality. Still impure as fuck, but it actually had amphetamine in it sometimes...
The stuff I was referring to in my PM definitely contains Amphetamine. Even 100mgs stuffed into a size 5 capsule will give you that feeling. Its quite easy to tell the difference between Amphetamine and a shit ton of Caffeine/Ephedrine. It feels completely different. I would rate its potency at 40-50% which isn't bad considering all the "78% pure" bullshitters out there.

Doesn't appear to be cut with any other cheap grade stimulants either. Just alkaline based inactive ingredients.

Magnesium acts as a natural CA2+ (voltage gated calcium) channel inhibitor. Basically the way the brains reward system works (on stimulants or not) is that you get what's called an "action potential". Or more professionally known as a "depolarized membrane potential". A voltage signal is sent into the Axon Terminal within the pre-synaptic neurons, this causes the CA2+ channels to open up and release positively charged Calcium Ions into the Axon Terminal. These Calcium Ions then bind to the pre-synaptic vesicles containing the neurotransmitters (Dopamine, Norepinephrine, Epinephrine, Serotonin...etc). Which then signals the vesicles to bind to the membrane of the pre-synaptic neuron, causing the neurotransmitters to be released from the storage vesicles and into the Synaptic Cleft (the brains reward path way). Here the neurotransmitters bind the corresponding receptors on the outer membrane of the post-synaptic neurons before they make their way back up through the reuptake channels.

Problem is, Calcium Ions are also released into the Synaptic Cleft, but not all of these Ions are re-uptaken, but instead are absorbed through the receptors and make their way down through the post-synaptic neurons and down into the arteries. This causes the arteries to constrict which increases the chances of blood clotting which can result in a Heart Attack or Stroke, depending on which arteries get blocked.

Magnesium (which should be taken in chelated/glycinate form as it has the highest bioavailability) partially blocks the CA2+ channels, meaning that Calcium Ions enter the Axon Terminal at a slower/regulated rate as opposed to cascading in too quickly. This slows downs the pre-synaptic vesicle action making the overall effect of stimulants "smoother" and without any sudden hard crash 5-6 hours later, but rather a pleasant smoothen off.

But most importantly, it slows down the amount of Calcium Ions making their way down into the arteries, helping to prevent them from over restricting, thus reducing the risk of Heart Attack or Stroke.

Now I'm not saying that Magnesium is completely fail safe. These conditions can still of course occur, but it does greatly reduce the chances of it happening. You'll have less chance of experiencing chest pain, palpitations, arrhythmias and so on.

Another supplement that i'd highly recommend with any stimulant (even just Caffeine) is L-Theanine. L-Theanine is a glutamate transporter antagonist, which allows GABA levels to naturally increase in their neurons. A far more effective and safer alternative to Benzo use in my personal opinion. L-Theanine doesn't have any sedative effects, but it can prevent anxiety and panic attacks from occurring, which decreases the odds of having a psychologically induced seizure.

Nice elaboration

Nice elaboration
Thanks. I've still got a long way to go in my understanding of the brains reward system, as there's so much more to it and the deeper you delve into it, the more functions you uncover. I'm always happy to be challenged on my assertions though and prepared to accept that I may make ill informed mistakes from time to time. So anybody else on the forum with a good grasp of neurology, please feel free to drop me a PM, as this is the kind of discussion I would really like to delve into further and expand my own knowledge. Perhaps we can all learn new things from one another that we were previous unaware of.

Knowledge is power my friend. ✊

My confusion stemmed from incorrectly thinking that the Mg block was specific to NMDA channels. I did some reading and it looks like Mg will block N-type and L-type calcium channels (although I definitely saw conflicting results with respect to the L-type channels over a few papers). L-type calcium channels are the primary vgcc in muscle.

I am confused about your description of calcium transport. Intracellular calcium is kept at an extremely low level relative to the extracellular space (10,000 fold difference). When a calcium channel opens, there is calcium influx not release. There are calcium pumps that remove calcium to maintain that gradient, but due to the high ratio of extra cellular calcium to intracellular calcium, I doubt that cells really influence extracellular calcium that much. Smooth muscle is innervated with NE neurons, which through activation of a1 adrenergic receptors increase cellular calcium through Gq signalling. Is that what you are referring to?

It looks like Mg probably also increases both prostacyclin and nitric oxide production, which will decrease vascular tone.

After doing some reading, I agree the magnitude of effects seen with high doses of magnesium are modest but real.

Hey Skorpio,

Thank you for the response and my apologies for the delay getting back. Could you possibly send me a PM delving into this further? I wouldn't mind us both picking at each other's brains and seeing what we both know and can learn from one another. Your understanding of neurology may be vastly superior to my own, so I apologize in advance if any of my responses come across as ill informed of naïve. So please don't hesitate to correct any misunderstandings of my own making whenever I do.

Kind regards,

Frazzled