• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Addiction comparison from Australia to overseas

Eligiu

Moderator: TDS; Discord Sr. Staff
Staff member
Not a thread in terms of a dick measuring contest.

I'm interested in this in a 'drug prices' type of question.

Do people in other countries (US, UK, anywhere else drugs are cheap) get much much more addicted than people in Australia? Since we are rather limited by price.

Purely on the matter of paying $X amount of money for a single dose vs $XX amount or more.

I personally think I would have died from addiction if I lived in the US and living here saved me.

Any thoughts?

This is a good question. Very interesting. I’m sure there must be published research on this - i’ll dig around and see what I can find.

This is an interesting question, but please keep in mind we don't allow price discussion on Bluelight. Hence any specific price discussion will be deleted.

Not a thread in terms of a dick measuring contest.

I'm interested in this in a 'drug prices' type of question.

Do people in other countries (US, UK, anywhere else drugs are cheap) get much much more addicted than people in Australia? Since we are rather limited by price.

Purely on the matter of paying $X amount of money for a single dose vs $XX amount or more.

I personally think I would have died from addiction if I lived in the US and living here saved me.

Any thoughts?
As to my addictive personality living in U.S. or Canada could be a difficult.Lot of drugs,fent everywhere.....but there is legal weed too and strong psychedelick culture,which is great.West Europe is also plentiful.Here(my homeland)is tweaker paradise(weed also)

This is an interesting question, but please keep in mind we don't allow price discussion on Bluelight. Hence any specific price discussion will be deleted.
Last time I checked price discussion was allowed in the Australian sub-forum - though that may have changed @andyturbo ??

Yeah that's why I put the hypothetical price as $X and $XX. I think people in general know what varying prices are and that in Australia we pay a much steeper price for our drugs. I don't think anyone needs to be going 'oh I paid (specific price) for my drugs' to generally discuss whether it made things easier or harder with substance use. Hopefully people responding can figure that out.

It's the lifestyle that gets ya

I've lived in a major city where dope was plentiful, pure, and cheap, and I've lived in a small nowhere town where dope was 2-3x standard American price (you know), people were just as bad in both places. In the city big habit hogs have serious motivation once they are finally out of dope, and will do crazy shit, but the rednecks out in the hinterlands were always, always desperate, splitting oxy 30s between 2 people to last all night, and they probably paid way upwards 2-3x "the standard" price per mg, which made them pretty crazy too. That shit was depressing, even with the smallest of teenager habits you couldn't stay well on $50/day. The rednecks were 99.9% ignorant of HR, and even basic anatomy, whereas city people were like 90% ignorant of HR, so slightly better. Both places were full of heavily armed, empathy free cavemen, who would gleefully fuck you over, or murder you. Dudes in the city would overdose on a gram of fire dope, dudes in the farmlands would overdose on a single oc80. Doesn't take a boatload of strong dope to kill, just a mismatched tolerance.

Tl;dr true, heavy "scummy street shit" addictions are brutal anywhere. The life expectancy lines up with squares, e.g. better hospitals and more sanitary streets, better access to help, are better for everyone. Purity and price don't matter much. (With exceptions to particularly dangerous cuts, this is big picture)

Last edited:
As this is a social thread and really nothing " dark " about it...I'm gonna shoot it over to Drug Culture. DC is a forum to chit chat about drug use in general and not really seeking any help..........just some friendly back and forth on drugs and their pros and cons.

I know if Ketamine was cheaper I'd do more, but my tolerence to that is ridiculous, over a whole gram yesterday over a couple of hours nothing but a headache and less money in my bank and my addict brain today knowing it won't work wanting to text my dealer but knowing he's at work and I'd need to wait puts me off I'd rather not have any than text him be told to wait sets my anxiety off really bad, so bassicly if it was cheaper and a dealer was available withen an hour of me texting I'd be sniffing a fuck load and know it wouldn't do anything, so I'd do more as I like the taste and always think "but what if this time I feel something" lol, also if I could get good opioids I'd do those too but I do have fibromyalgia so it would be medicinal like the K lol

I'm not so sure.

Yeah, you guys pay more, but from what I gather your drugs are also significantly more pure.

Quality drugs aint cheap in London. You could come and live on cheap drugs but they'd kill you coz of their content, not coz of their price.
yep

in the last ~15 years the average purity of street cocaine and heroin in the US has gone from about 20% down to 10% or even 5%. Our heroin isn't even heroin anymore.

I would be much more willing to spend exponentially more money on high priced drugs

I'd buy a gram of 60% pure heroin over 10% pure heroin even if it cost 5x more (maybe... idk lol)

yep

in the last ~15 years the average purity of street cocaine and heroin in the US has gone from about 20% down to 10% or even 5%. Our heroin isn't even heroin anymore.

I would be much more willing to spend exponentially more money on high priced drugs

I'd buy a gram of 60% pure heroin over 10% pure heroin even if it cost 5x more (maybe... idk lol)
Yup. That's why I save to get what I know, rather than rush to what I don't. I'm not saying that's easy either, it takes a lot of planning and calculating bodily reaction times etc, precisely when the money will be at the right level and the time to obtain the substance(s). But it's possible, because I'm doing it.

is it harvest season right now in Australia for weed?

i would think it would be right about now since it's 6 months from when we would harvest outdooor

is it mostly outdoor weed down there or indoor too?

how is the weed there?

i cant ask how much an oz is either or i'd be breaking the rules

do you even weight it by the oz?

:unsure:

It’s strange it can go both ways. On one hand yes you have tons of cheap drugs available but the other, the novelty can be lost a bit. In the end though, the availability can be a problem.

US leads in illegal drug use for a reason. They are cheap and plentiful. And while the average street purity can be garbage, there’s lots of more pure substances if one looks a little bit harder than the guy on the corner.

-GC