• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderall tolerance questions

g_dan1

Bluelighter
Hello everyone!
So far I've tried Adderall only 3 times during the last 3 weeks (once a week). I decided to to start with a small dose because i took it before going out in public and didn't want anyone t know that I'm 'high' or to have any anxiety or panic. The first time I took 7.5mg and the other 2 times I did 10mg. I definitely felt much happier and more social, although I don't know if it was the actual adderall euphoria. I don't think I had any comedown either. I also don't have ADHD and therefore I think low doses have a stronger effect on me.
I did some research before posting here and got mixed results. Some people say that Adderall tolerance develops insanely quick and its permanent, while others say its not. So here are my questions regarding Adderall tolerance:

1) If I only take 10-15mg once a week or less (with some tums to potentiate it) will I start developing a tolerance? If yes then when will I start to notice it and how quickly will it develop? I'm talking about tolerance to euphoria and the happy feeling.

2) Will my tolerance stay low if I take 500mg Magnesium supplements every night before sleep? Will taking small doses of DXM be more effective? (doesn't sound like a good idea to me tbh)
I also have l-tyrosine which supposedly adds dopamine to the brain. I also got mixed results on that one and found a post where someone says that it doesn't cross the brain barrier and this dopamine doesn't get stored and instead could just bind to receptors, which causes the tolerance in the first place. I'd like to hear your opinion on that.

3) Do Adderall and Ritalin have a cross-tolerance? I know that they work differently on the brain. This whole week I have a lot of work and exams coming up so I am taking 10-20mg of ritalin to help me with that. Will it increase my adderall tolerance?

4) are there any other OTC supplements or methods to keep the tolerance low? and is it ACTUALLY permanent at some point?

I'm sorry if I sound like I'm obsessed with it lol. I just don't have a lot of Adderall because I'm getting it from a friend who can only sell a limited amount per month. I really don't want to waste a lot of money on that because I would need a much higher dose. I would rather do it less often and keep enjoying low doses.
Thanks!

Personally I think adderall is a waste of money, my first time ever, I'm 15, I took 200mg of XR adderall, sucked ass. I had no euphoria, just insomnia, and mild hallucinations. I've tried adderall once more, today actually, 120mg, and exp slight jittery eyes, focused more yes, more zoned in but that's it. I wouldn't recommend buying it if you're looking for great euphoria, or a good high. For that I would say go with, oxys. Or Xans. Or if all you can get is.. Hydrocodone. I don't like them. Have to take atleast 40mg to feel anything, but I'm also a exp opiate user.

Personally I think adderall is a waste of money, my first time ever, I'm 15, I took 200mg of XR adderall, sucked ass. I had no euphoria, just insomnia, and mild hallucinations. I've tried adderall once more, today actually, 120mg, and exp slight jittery eyes, focused more yes, more zoned in but that's it. I wouldn't recommend buying it if you're looking for great euphoria, or a good high. For that I would say go with, oxys. Or Xans. Or if all you can get is.. Hydrocodone. I don't like them. Have to take atleast 40mg to feel anything, but I'm also a exp opiate user.

Well i think it works pretty good for me. I'm not really into downers or hallucinogens cuz I'm looking for something that will give me energy and doesn't make me 'stupid' during the high.

Adderall and Ritalin do have cross-tolerance, yes.

Tolerance will be minimal at once per week.

It varies. For some, it is permanent. Generally, taken once a week, tolerance will develop more slowly. Some say NMDA antagonists reduces tolerance or at least slows its development.

I would recommend not increasing your dose, nor taking anything without a doctor's approval.

Does anyone know any supplements that could help you keep the tolerance low or even lower it? magnesium or l-tyrosine?

youre being really responsible with it = tolerance shouldnt be a problem at all for you

so once a week + magnesium = no tolerance?

since my last adderall dose(sunday) i ve been taking 10-20mg of ritalin every day for work and studying. i wonder if im gonna notice any difference in adderall effect when i take it on saturday or sunday again.