• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall question (can't seem to find any threads about it)

lilyisdancing

Ex-Bluelighter
I apologize if this has been covered already, but I couldn't find anything about it.

The question was posed to me recently as to whether or not Adderall could be ingested rectally. I know ecstasy can be plugged (I've done it several times myself with good results), and I know people who have plugged various other substances. Logic dictates that not only should Adderall be effective when taken rectally, but should also increase the effects to some extent, as this seems to be the case with other drugs, but I figured I'd ask here, where I'm sure someone has a good answer.

So, I'm just basically curious if this method of ingestion is possible, and if so, if anyone's had experiences with it. I'd imagine it would be best to crush the pills and gelcap them (obviously so that it would take less time to be absorbed), but I'm curious if it works, how well it works, if it's very uncomfortable (with ecstasy, all but once I was rolling already when I plugged pills, and plugging one sober wasn't too bad as far as burning, but it was hard to... uh... "wait"), etc.

Any help is appreciated!

This is a pharmacutical drug, created to be taken orally.
It would be most effective if you took it that way.
crush it up, throw it in a gel cap and swallow it.
Keep drugs out of your ass, unless its just an obessive habit ;p

I have to disagree with you, at least to some extent. You're correct -- Adderall is a pill, and pills are meant to be swallowed. However, we both know that there are other methods of ingestion that range in how common they are, and with drugs like Adderall, using the drug intranasally is very common; I personally don't enjoy it and would rather just eat it.

But regardless of how drugs are meant to be taken, if we're using them recreationally, we're breaking the rules no matter what. Taking enough pills to get high from them is just as against what those pills are "created for" as ingesting pills in ways other than swallowing them is. So, you're right; Adderall and other pills weren't created to be taken non-orally, but they also weren't created to be used recreationally. So let's just assume that we're already breaking the rules to one extent or another, and that short of making our drug use more dangerous than it already is, the particulars of how we use certain drugs really aren't too important.

It's known that (with many drugs), snorting them is more effective than eating them, taking them rectally is more effective than snorting them, and injecting them is more effective than plugging them. Ingesting ecstasy rectally can increase effects so much that it's comparable to the difference between eating one pill, and eating two. Of course, not all drugs work the same way, but if ecstasy and certain other drugs (pills or otherwise) can be taken rectally, what's wrong with wondering about Adderall, or any other drug? If someone's going to use a drug, anyway, and they can find a way to do it that gives twice the effects without requiring them to take more of the drug(s) and doesn't present serious health risks (additional to those already present), why shouldn't they?

A lot of people have issues with the idea of using drugs rectally; some people just can't imagine doing it themselves, some people can't handle anyone doing it, for whatever reasons. I don't understand what the big deal is -- it's science. If you have $20 to spend to get high, and you can use that $20 in a way that will give you a high worth $30-40 or even more, why the hell wouldn't you?? It doesn't make you gay (not implying you meant that, but I've heard people say that). It's not gross, provided you're sanitary about it. It isn't painful if you do it properly. So if it's not disgusting, and it doesn't hurt, and it gives you more pleasure... please, explain to me why people who use drugs that way are "wrong" for doing it.

I used to be squeamish about the idea, until I tried it and had one of the most intense ecstasy experiences of my life. I'm perfectly willing to stick my finger up my *own butt* if it means that I can make two pills feel like four, not to mention that by not taking the drug orally, a lot of the nausea and similar effects can be lessened if not eradicated.

Even if you think it's gross or whatever, don't knock it if you've never done it. We're all recreational drug users to some extent (or most of us are, anyway); as long as we're all striving to be informed and as safe as possible, I don't think anyone here should raise an issue with how anyone else here does things... I'm sure there's a lot of drug-related things people do that I would find as wrong/absurd as you find anal drug use to be, but live and let live, you know?

If I sound rude in this post, I don't mean to at all; I'm just genuinely curious as to the train of thought that led you to post what you did, when in fact you didn't really help. That's not meant to be insulting, but I asked if Adderall was effective and safe (safe meaning as safe as it can be used recreationally) to use rectally; I want to know if it works, and if anyone can share experiences, great. You posted with the opinion that drugs shouldn't be used that way, and as fact you posted "it would be most effective... gelcap and swallow it", when that statement is simply not a fact. It's simple fact that drugs vary in strength and duration depending on, among other factors, method of ingestion, and eating a drug is *never* going to be the most effective from that standpoint, when pretty much any other method of ingestion (snorting, plugging, shooting) gets more drug into the bloodstream and doesn't need to be digested and partially ruined in the stomach. To be sure, some people *prefer* eating Adderall over snorting it, or any other example, but speaking solely from a factual standpoint, "parachuting" a pill is not going to produce the most effects, so maybe you should consider saying that *you* think the best method is to parachute the pills, and that *you* think that taking drugs rectally is wrong, instead of posting it as though it's all factual.

Again, no hard feelings; it just inspired me to speak honestly (and lengthily; sorry).

heh, tweaked out long post....in wrong direction.

" Adderall is a pill, and pills are meant to be swallowed "

not talking about breaking "rules"

But when pills are made to be taken orally - they can contain binders and such extrememly toxic to tissues in your nose or ass in your case.
Therefore creating an extrememly painful, damaging, and ineffective way to take the drug.

So, i didnt really read the whole speech....all that is logical here..goes without speeking.

Point it, when drugs are made for something specific. make sure to look at all possible damage it can cause putting elsewhere too.

Definitely a post made more verbose by stimulants, although whether its direction was right or wrong isn't really something either of us can decide... hell, from where I'm sitting it didn't really have ANY direction, much less a good one or a bad one. :)

You raise a *great* point about the other substances in pills, and honestly I'm surprised it didn't occur to me to ask about that. I'm glad you said it just because I likely wouldn't have thought to ask about it, but you must admit you didn't present anything to suggest that you had factual concerns for why drugs shouldn't be used rectally, in your first reply. I'd imagine snorting (some) pills is worse than plugging them; you'd assume that your rectum is more able to handle that sort of thing than the inside of your nose. By that logic, snorting Adderall is worse than plugging it, from a health perspective, but I'd need someone to confirm or deny that with facts; it's just what I *believe* to be true, but I admit I could be wrong. Obviously no method of ingestion is going to break down those binders, etc., more safely than eating the pills, but I'm curious *how* much less safe anal use would be. Eh well, that sort of thing can usually only be answered (factually) in a vague way.

I must argue about the binders, etc., making the drug less *effective* if taken anally... as I said before it's pretty factual that if it's done "right", anal ingestion is one of the most effective ways to take drugs. Painful and damaging are certainly risks to varying degrees, though -- but I have to wonder how dangerous of a substance or substances would be put into pills? If it's "extremely toxic" to your nose or rectum, it couldn't be too safe to take at all, could it? (I could be wrong.)

I didn't expect you to read all of that, or all of this, but I don't know that we agree on "all that is logical here" going without speaking; we seem to differ in opinion on what is logical. Do you agree that it's pretty factual that drugs that are anally effective are more effective taken anally than orally?

You're absolutely right; when taking ANY drug, in ANY way, one should know as much as possible about that drug and everything that goes with it. You couldn't be more correct about that.

One more question -- do you think *all* anal drug use is "wrong" or "bad", and if you do, why?

heh, tweaked out long post....in wrong direction.

" Adderall is a pill, and pills are meant to be swallowed "

not talking about breaking "rules"

But when pills are made to be taken orally - they can contain binders and such extrememly toxic to tissues in your nose or ass in your case.
Therefore creating an extrememly painful, damaging, and ineffective way to take the drug.

So, i didnt really read the whole speech....all that is logical here..goes without speeking.

Point it, when drugs are made for something specific. make sure to look at all possible damage it can cause putting elsewhere too.

I have to agree with lilyisdancing on this one. Ok, granted his post was pushing the limits of rambling and lacking direction. He's not asking how pills are intended to be consumed or for social acceptance on rectal consumption!

Keep drugs out of your ass, unless its just an obessive habit

I disagree here with Synapse999 as well. Ask anyone whose had a prescription for OxyContin and IV'd it if its orally intended consumption is the most effective! Yes pills have binders! Yes, they can be unhealthy, mainly if IV'd, but much less significant, if even at all, with rectal administration! They're binders, not rat poison! If rectums could express their opinions, I have a hunch they'd prefer non-toxic binders coming in through your ass over vile and profusely smelling shit coming from the other direction!

Synapse999 said:
Keep drugs out of your ass, unless its just an obessive habit ;p

I gotta agree with Synapse. I dont see a reason to plug adderall. If you want the drug to come on slower then swallow the pills. If you are looking for a rush then snort them. I dont see a point for doing adderall any different way than that.

I gotta agree with Synapse. I dont see a reason to plug adderall. If you want the drug to come on slower then swallow the pills. If you are looking for a rush then snort them. I dont see a point for doing adderall any different way than that.

It would be quite logical to plug them if it were significantly more effective and efficient to consume adderall in this manner considering most people that take adderall only have access to it via a doc's prescription. With very limited and controlled access to ones drug, it would make sense to be as efficient as possible with how you consume it!

OK look hes not asking anything about logical-ness or rules or social acceptance. All he wants to know is if its possible, best way to do it, and if its uncomfortable or not. Tell him what he wants to know... all i can say is im pretty sure that it would burn like hell.

First and foremost, until BL, I never heard of plugging. Now, I try to use this term as often as possible in straight-laced conversation. But, I digress...

wow, I find myself strangely drawn into the fact that lillydancing spent as much time as he/she did posing logical questions. Yes, I did read all of it. No, I won't plug, regardless of how efficient a drug will be if taken this route. Basically, my ass, as macho and homophobic as this sounds (and no, I am not a homophobic), is exit only. Trust me, I have enough problems with the high quantity of opiates/opioids and constant alcohol abuse to worry about my ass (can so say "diarrhea vs constipation, the big battle, round 2?).

Anyway, if a hard-to-come-by drug was more rare than any hard-to-come-drug (I can't think of an example, but imagine a combined drug that captured every great facet of every drug you used, put into one powder, and it was hella rare, I mean, HELLA RARE, not even if you had money type of rare) maybe, I imagine all of us would consider it. Until that time (and polydrug of the Gods comes), let's hope that the experienced pluggers (have to giggle at looking at this) can better answer these questions.

-swybs

you were right,, this post went in a weird direction
ill say this because no one else has,,
iv seen more people say that *theoretically*, adderall would work alot better plugged than eaten, and from what iv seen, the non toxic binders shouldnt pose a problem.

Wouldn't the binders be worse for your nose than for your ass reservoir?

Adderall, Dexedrine, Ritalin or Focalin, all stims work WAY better plugged. I feel Adderall is about nearly twice oral potency when plugged [IR, tho XR may work if grinded good, IR is far superior..] so hope that answers yo question. One thing about addies rectally is that the dumbass Barr generic tabs I get seem to have an insoluble pink matter to em [20 mg tabs] cause I've noticed passing such pretty frequently when plugged.... [after the effects of the substance are gone/kicked in already this is tho, so I don't think it messes up rectal absorbtion really, if so it must not be much @ all....]

I have become a plugging advocate the past say year as it seems to be soo much more efficent/potent with all substances I've tried it with compared to that of oral administration. [jus' opiates/opoids -n- stims really, find diacetylmorphine very impressive when plugged.... compared to IV izz about 2/3 as potent...]

N e ways, enough of my bullish, as I reccomend u use the oral/needless syringe method of plugging rather than say gelcap methods. It works much more quickly [2-5 mins for most ish..] -n- seems overall more efficient regarding total absorbtion. One last thing, always make sure you're cleared out rectally upon plugging n e thing, as it will be absorbed by fecal matter otherwise, even if only partially it still is a waste of substance.... Hope this helps u with ur question -n- be careful wit rectally dosing as it can be about jus 1/2 that of one's oral dose wit sum substances... So, be cautious, if ur unsure of how much to take, start wit that 1/2 as u can always dose a bit more if needed.