• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Adderall and Alcohol

Night ROLLER

Bluelighter
Good idea or not? Is it dangerous?
------------------
-- ROLLN AT A PARTY DA BEATS ARE PUMPN THROUGH MY BODDY --

Not dangerous.
Are you experienced with Adderall?
I know that when people do Meth, it allows them to drink a *lot* more alcohol before getting drunk.
I'm betting that the combination you are talking about will be similar.
It's not risky, although, depending on the dosages of each, I think eventually the alcohol will negate the effects of the Adderall.

Umm, SL55--that combination is DEFINITELY dangerous.
Why? Adderall is a CNS stimulant. Alcohol is a CNS depressent. When you take both, one doesn't "negate" the other. The other is there, still in FULL effect--you just don't feel it. What's this mean? Hell YES you can drink a lot more--the adderall will keep you from passing out. This means that when you get alcohol poisoning, instead of getting rid of the toxins (puking) and preventiong yourself from drinking more (passing out) you stay awake and drink more. Yeah, good...Worse case scenarios--WORST hangover EVER; or death by alcohol...
Of course, this doesn't prevent many people from doing both, myself included, but is good before-hand-knowledge nontheless. If I take adderall before drinking, I know not to get to the point where I'm completely plastered, because I'm much drunker than I seem.
------------------
"...you'll get the chance to take the world apart and figure out how it works. Don't let me know what you find out."--BTS

I usually take some speed if I'm going out on the beers, but yeah - it's a bit dodgy. Just be aware that even though you don't feel drunk, you don't want to drink too much more than you normally would, because you ARE drunk despite not feeling the booze at all.
And you still get a hangover - only it's combined with a comedown
frown.gif

------------------
Everybody asks yer name
they say you're all the same
so now it's nice one, Geezer
and that's as far as the conversation went
[This message has been edited by MrGeezer (edited 12 April 2001).]

It's not a dangerous combo - you have to be responsible with your drug use, so if you're taking Adderall then remember to NOT slam that bottle of 151 ...
------------------
"I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is: 'What are they in a position to do about it?'"

it's not dangerous. you will drink a lot more though, and i suppose the excess alchol could be dangerous but not the combination of the two per se. its really fun, but i always feel like absolute shit the next day.
peace, outkast

I agree that it is not dangerous. Yes you can drink too much and get alcohol poisoning but someone who drinks a 12 pack in a night normally could probably drink in excess of 18 drinks and be fine. You may not feel mentally drunk but your coordination will still be fucked up. The main danger is getting a hangover that you won't soon forget.

I have combined lots of Ritalin with lots of booze in the past... it's kind of popular in these parts. Lemme just say you reach the ultimate state of tweaking and drunkenness... which just scratches the surface of how dumb it is... (was fun at the time tho).
I don't know about adderrall, I'm assuming it would be a similar reaction to ritalin. It's probably safe if you don't get too outrageous with the amounts of booze/addies that you use... but frankly it really isn't worth it. Stick to shit that makes you smarter.

It's not dangerous as long as you know before hand you're drunker than you seem.

One of my co-workers recomended to me that I drop an Adderall then drink a few beers and that it would leave me quite fucked up. Although I've never tried, it seems like it would be one fucked up experience.
------------------
"You move like I want to. To see like your eyes do. We are downstairs where. No one can see. New life breakaway."

BornThird- The concept of 'speedballing' in general, is not considered a healthy one.
However, the only real danger comes in when you're talking a *strong* CNS stimulant, and a *strong* CNS Depressant.
Alcohol and Adderall do not fall into these categories.