• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

adderall 10mg irs... need to find the best ROA.

Ilove2nod

Bluelighter
So I have been scripted Adderall 10mg ir tabs 1x a day and I have been trying every possible
ROA in order to make them work efficiently while also making them last as long as possible. I work long days and I need them primarily for my crazy job and to stay focused. They seem to work the best for me when I sniff them BUT they leave bright blue boogers in my nose and I cannot have my boss seeing that. So I try not to sniff them before work. Tried IV its way to much prep work to do and it isn't even worth it most of the time, although I got a nice feeling a couple shots I did. Plugging isn't working very well either and I have heard that is the best way... orally I get almost nothing from them, and I know they have a low oral BA supposedly. so any advice or suggestions on getting the most of a 10mg ir would be great.

I've actually never heard of anyone IVing Adderall...I always assumed there was probably a reason for that

Speaking personally, I used to enjoy snorting those pills as well...or any Adderall IR formulation, really. The only prescription drugs I have a decent amount of experience abusing were amphetamine stimulants...they were one of my first loves. They're definitely fun to snort...the pill binders aren't good for your poor nose, though. Other than that the only ROA I have experience with is simply consuming them orally. If you're using them for work-related purposes, an XR formulation would perhaps be more preferable but I'm not sure.

personally i prefered snorting them, just have to make sure youdo really small lines so there's no build up of blue stuff in your nose. also, after snorting snort some water to rinse your nose out after about 15 minutes of absorption. good luck

I am on 20mg adderall IR, and read a lot on best ways to take it, and most fingers pointed towards just taking them orally. Some said snorting them does offer slightly higher BA, but not much more. Especially the IR pills, they are designed to act fast, the ER pills are designed to slowly release in your system over an amount of hours.

You may just have a little bit of a tolerance building, so maybe just a little increase in the dose you take may make it work better. Or try taking a break and abstaining from it for like a week, then take your dose orally, it should be effective again.

I usually run out of my script way early, like a couple weeks early, but when I get my refill, I just take 1 20mg dose, And I feel very nice just taking it orally. Works great.

Take the pills orally the way they were designed to be taken. You don't want to snort the binders, IV the pills and binders, or vaporize/free base the pill and binders.

And cimetidine to inhibit hepatic metabolism. Don't forget about that! :)

Bioperine greatly enhances bioavailability as well, by interacting with the intestinal lining as well as inhibiting hepatic enzymes

If you truly want the best method of administration (for just about anything), rectal is the way to go. You mentioned it's not working for you though. Could you please elaborate upon why it's not working for you. It could be an issue of technique or something simple in your procedure that you need to correct. Some people do uninformed things, like sticking solid pills in their ass and don't realize that they're going about it in the wrong way. 5ml-10ml of water mixed vigorously with pills until a solution is formed, then inject.

If this won't work for you and insufflation won't work, then it appears that you have exhausted essentially all viable routes of administration for your Amphetamines. If blue mucus dripping out of your nose is really your only problem, then there are things that you can do to help correct this. What I would do, is go about your normal insufflation practice, but after about 15-20 minutes of letting your drugs absorb, you should clean things out.

The best way to do this in my opinion is to use a saline rinse. They make premixed bottles of the stuff and it's sold at pharmacies. Just give a couple of shots of saline up the sinues - you can't overdo it - until the majority of the binders and fillers have been washed out. You wouldn't be wasting anything either. Anything that's stuck in the nostrils and sinues will just be sucked backward toward the mucous membranes and the throat and due to Amphetamine's favorable oral bioavailability, you won't be losing anything.

Last edited:
Take the pills orally the way they were designed to be taken. You don't want to snort the binders, IV the pills and binders, or vaporize/free base the pill and binders.

This, plus the stomach pH stuff and the enzyme stuff. Non-oral RoA is either ineffective or carries unacceptable risks; not to mention, breaks certain habits or mental boundaries that you might look back on wishing to have preserved (although you've already, unwisely, IV'd, and, whatever, plugged, without result.) IVing is not worth the risk and plugging is not worth the trouble not to mention the discomfort and the stigma (I never have, never will, largely based on the latter or rather what I'd feel as the inherently degrading process of inserting drugs, or anything else, there), not to mention the risk of rectal perforation if using a syringe which is very much underrated around here.

Mr. Richards gives fair advice about the nasal route; it is not preferred largely due to the amount of binders in these (fairly sizeable, especially the orange footballs[? iirc]), they clog the nostrils, although the same thing happens with shitty cocaine. Saline rinse is the way to go.

Extracting the active constituents from the pills is of course a theoretical possibility but way too much trouble. Just take them orally like a normal person and if you've abused them too much and gained a tolerance thereby hopefully you have a sympathetic prescriber otherwise you'll just have to take a break (heaven forefend!)

I am currently going through my crash from those little blue bastards.
I take the exact same ones and I experience similar issues.
My tolerance seems to build incredibly quick and I'm not so much chasing the euphoric response as I am the endurance and mojo they give me. When successful with them I'm a friggin boss. I am just super organized, master of brilliant problem solving ideas, and performance wise I'm at the top of my game. My mood is of course pleasant but I don't associate this with the euphoric release.
Anyways, after a few days I lose this superwoman drive rather quickly. And popping more doesn't help. In fact it just guarantees a horrible come down. I usually take breaks as a means of controlling tolerance as best I can. But it doesn't help so much anymore. It's starting to really annoy me. Doesn't seem worth it. I'm thinking of permanently breaking and just being mediocre and unfocused verses anxious and miserable due to crash and comedown.

I always take them orally though. I'm an IV heroin addict so I'm not afraid of different roa's , but I just prefer oral with these guys. I always have the best results that way.

Perhaps XR orally would be a great addition. Continue with the IR but add 10mg of XR to your morning and afternoon routine. Perhaps this will give the IR something to add to?

Of course seek the advice of your doctor first and if he/she agrees then rock on.

And maybe try scheduled breaks if you can. To start anew?

Just my thoughts

Best of luck :)

i now know that sniffing is the way to go for me with addys. i just need more than 10mgs a day. i did 15mg intranasal this morning and was feeling the effects for almost 6 hours today. it seems to be a very sensitive drug for me and its always different feeling each day no matter what roa i use. The first time i IVed some it wasn't that great, next shot i did after the first one i was zooming like crazy for hours! Then i did it again thinking that was the best ROA and felt almost nothing... i think i need a bigger rig. 1ml of water on 10mg of addy makes it very hard to prep.. it gets all gooey and i have to filter it like 3 times at least, i think with more water it might work. I will ask my doc for an increase which i hope she will do for me.. i take klonopin and bupe too and all of them are scripted by the same doc. she was reluctant to even give me what she did last visit, but saw that i was really hating the ADHD and how it made my job miserable like i explained to her. I want to stay on the ir tho and just increase but both xr and ir would be great, i just don't know if my doc will be too happy to do that for me.

I just want to add my .02 even though you seem to have decided on sniffing. Get your hands on some nasal spray, making sure to completely empty and rinse out the bottle on the off-chance the spray has an active ingredient that might conflict with adderall, crush down your pills to as fine of a powder as you can get them and mix it with saline (or water, I prefer saline) inside the empty nasal spray bottle. Shakey shake shake it up, then spray up the nose like normal. Works faster, spreads more evenly as it's a liquid, and not a bunch of particles being shot up in the direction with most upward pressure. What I mean by the last part is that some people complain of getting some of it straight down the throat, with the saline mix you won't have to worry about that.

I forgot to ask, how are you filtering? Do you have wheel filters? Or are you using a cotton ball?

Last edited: