• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Neuroscience Activating your entire brain at will

This thread contains discussion about a Neuroscience-related topic

Juicewrldfan

Bluelighter
A o I think this is the right forum for this. It is neuroscience but not anything drug related. This guy Wim Hoff https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wim_Hof

He says he has found a way to activate his entire brain and utilize the power say the mother has for lifting the car off her dying children…but I thought that was adrenaline causing that increased strength?

Anyway, he is a well known athlete and says he uses this when he trains and competes and it’s what he attributes his success to. Does this sound like pseudoscience?

If you have time will you watch the first 20 minutes? And let me know if this sounds like it could be true or not. I don’t have the same level of understanding and knowledge as some of you so thought I’d ask for your feedback so I don’t waste my time if this is just BS

Idk don’t take much from the title of this alone. It gies more into this guys background in the first 5 minutes

Okay this is starting to sound really crazy…he just said he had scientists inject him with an endotoxin and he used his brain to neutralize it lol…I’m starting to not buy any of this.

Sure some of the stuff is true science but that’s the best lies mixed with a little truth.

Last edited:
Technically speaking, activating your entire brain would cause a seizure, lol.

Although there is something to what Wim Hoff does. I think he's just taking speculative liberties here.

With training, people can learn to control their brainwave patterns. This can also lead to people who are masters of meditation being able to consciously alter their body in ways that were always thought to be controlled purely subconsciously.

One of the more common abilities demonstrated through this method is conscious control over their body temperature, they can raise their core body temperature by willful thought.

That, combined with a natural resistance to cold, and physical training, is how he can endure such cold temperatures.

"Mind over matter" is true... in a limited sense.

Technically speaking, activating your entire brain would cause a seizure, lol.

Although there is something to what Wim Hoff does. I think he's just taking speculative liberties here.

With training, people can learn to control their brainwave patterns. This can also lead to people who are masters of meditation being able to consciously alter their body in ways that were always thought to be controlled purely subconsciously.

One of the more common abilities demonstrated through this method is conscious control over their body temperature, they can raise their core body temperature by willful thought.

That, combined with a natural resistance to cold, and physical training, is how he can endure such cold temperatures.

"Mind over matter" is true... in a limited sense.
The controlling body temperature by thought is what threw me off but I guess he is saying with breath techniques as well but how is he doing that while submerged in water.

And supposedly he completed a marathon without AnY water. I guess that’s possible but probably risky…

I think you are right in that he’s taking liberties in making it sound like it’s all fact but it seems like he was making these claims and then scientists offered to do studies on him and seems like it worked…but then why isn’t it breaking news? Ya know? If we can cause cell death with our minds to eradicate disease then why? Why do we sti have cancer?

You know what I mean man?

Yeah it would likely give you a siezure but he said they did studies with imagery and he said when you look at someone using the techniques he has developed that their brain looks like it’s in LSD

If that’s true then there’s something idk what but something to this.

I think it's just one of those things that is innately relegated to pseudoscience, because a lot of stuff like this cannot be proven, or cannot be explained, by science due to various reasons, and people tend to take it too far into fantasy.

People consciously controlling their body temperature through meditation is documented to be real, however those same people also believe that through further training, eventually they can levitate off the ground and float in the air (as Buddha did when he reached nirvana enlightenment).

It's interesting stuff, but you gotta take it with a grain of salt.

I think it's just one of those things that is innately relegated to pseudoscience, because a lot of stuff like this cannot be proven, or cannot be explained, by science due to various reasons, and people tend to take it too far into fantasy.

People consciously controlling their body temperature through meditation is documented to be real, however those same people also believe that through further training, eventually they can levitate off the ground and float in the air (as Buddha did when he reached nirvana enlightenment).

It's interesting stuff, but you gotta take it with a grain of salt.
Haha yeah - levitation lol

Like how recent times kung funmasters in China are still thought to possess special powers by the public (just regurgitating what the news story said) and this Chinese MMA guy challenged some of them and won without much of a fight according to the story. I’ll see if I can find it.

These are kung fu grandmasters he’s destroying and the CCP made him stop CNN alleging grandmasters becauee it was ruining this image I guess.

Haha yeah - levitation lol

Like how recent times kung funmasters in China are still thought to possess special powers by the public (just regurgitating what the news story said) and this Chinese MMA guy challenged some of them and won without much of a fight according to the story. I’ll see if I can find it.

These are kung fu grandmasters he’s destroying and the CCP made him stop CNN alleging grandmasters becauee it was ruining this image I guess.
Right, I remember seeing that video. I think like 200 years ago they probably were the best fighters (with hands). But modern techniques are simply better. You never see people using kung fu moves in UFC.

I've always looked at martial arts as sort of a meditative art format. Mastery of the body, discipline. There are several forms of physical meditation.

In reality they are closer to acrobats than warriors. That's not to say what they do isn't highly impressive, it's just not that practical.

Right, I remember seeing that video. I think like 200 years ago they probably were the best fighters (with hands). But modern techniques are simply better. You never see people using kung fu moves in UFC.

I've always looked at martial arts as sort of a meditative art format. Mastery of the body, discipline. There are several forms of physical meditation.

In reality they are closer to acrobats than warriors. That's not to say what they do isn't highly impressive, it's just not that practical.
Exactly right. I’ve been listening to this Shaolin Master of Europes temple and he makes it out to be exactly what you are saying more meditative and about spiritual health, mental health, and physical health.

I actually had the luxury of practicing and training in Japan in Sho Ryn Ryu. (Actually practical applications) but the katas I always found to be highly meditative…and more of an art than combat, but combat is an art…

Still modern techniques seem to be much better. They seem to take the good from different martial arts and bring it together in one and leave out what isn’t practical.

Though I really wonder where Bruce Lee would fit in in modern times.I think he was the first one to aust kung fu as not practical and pissed off the Chinese government. Assholes killed him I strongly believe. Great idealist and are influential who go against the current ideals in place seem to get offed quickly by ppl in power.

Look at XXXtentacion. Case in point. He was talking about he is here to lead the youth and in the beginning he said he was following someone leading him down a dark path, goes on to talk about how music and movies are teaching the new generations that guns drugs and violence and pursuing narcissistic ambitions is cool and “the way “ I fan you will.

He was murdered days later..if it was a true robbery why empty the clip after he was down and you have the cash and need to get out. Dude was clearly out for the count because the lowlifes were scared to fight him and he wasn’t armed. Not had his uncle for security that day…

I don’t buy that it’s a coincidence.

Edit: for those of you that haven’t seen it. Here is the MMA fighter dispelling myths about grandmasters.

Wow - he was crying. I never saw this vid before now. This is a different one than i saw. I think he got ostracized for doing the right thing and he is crying on camera. They take that shit seriously.

Last edited:

It's a good video, I will check it out again. At least he keeps it interesting and it's motivating too. I love the way he was born. Yes. Very nice video and its so positive and that's what I really liked about it all. And wow there's more. This was a good video. He seems very helpful and smart. I can't wait to watch more. tx

He says a lot and he is figuring out how to be positive. Is how I feel about the video. But yes I like it. And it's real good for me.

It's a good video, I will check it out again. At least he keeps it interesting and it's motivating too. I love the way he was born. Yes. Very nice video and it’s so positive and that's what I really liked about it all. And wow there's more. This was a good video. He seems very helpful and smart. I can't wait to watch more. tx

He says a lot and he is figuring out how to be positive. Is how I feel about the video. But yes I like it. And it's real good for me.
If you like inspiring stuff this audiobook changed my life. But he speaks my language so it’s a hit or miss. Ppl either love it or hate it. Helps astronomically. He is a retired Seal commander who redesigned the seals training program for all seals. It’s not really a self help book at all.

If you like inspiring stuff this audiobook changed my life. But he speaks my language so it’s a hit or miss. Ppl either love it or hate it. Helps astronomically. He is a retired Seal commander who redesigned the seals training program for all seals. It’s not really a self help book at all.

Oh I will like it !!!!!

. . . But I have to go cook right. now.

❤️‍🔥 Thank you.

Fck yeah. And I love real people stories like that.

keep up awesome. k:)

Picrotoxin is a pretty good way to activate 100% of the brain.

Maybe picrotoxin with aconitine. Cut the breaks and put a brick on the gas pedal, so to speak.
Seems kind of dangerous…it’s a stimulant and a convulsant???

Seems kind of dangerous…it’s a stimulant and a convulsant???
Oh definately, either one of those would be sufficient to kill you quite unpleasantly.

Think of the brain like a kitchen. You are never gonna need to use 100% of the tools in a kitchen at once to make a dish.

I think the Wim Hoff stuff is super interesting (conscious control of autonomic functions is always impressive), but it certainly isn't happening because of complete use of the brain. This in no way makes it less interesting though.

Oh definately, either one of those would be sufficient to kill you quite unpleasantly.

Think of the brain like a kitchen. You are never gonna need to use 100% of the tools in a kitchen at once to make a dish.

I think the Wim Hoff stuff is super interesting (conscious control of autonomic functions is always impressive), but it certainly isn't happening because of complete use of the brain. This in no way makes it less interesting though.
I wonder if what he really means is being able to completely access parts of your brain that most ppl can’t at will…

Edit: and as let’s thanks for the interesting information @Skorpio