Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Acid and Tramacet

PotatoMan

Bluelight Crew
Good day.

This week I'll be going for a minor surgery to remove an abscess and the doctor said he'll be prescribing me Tramacet for after. I've read of SSRIs dulling acid magic and I've read that Tramdol has SSRI properties. I'm going to try to take the Tramacet as little as possible and possibly trip over next weekend.

Would the Tramadol affect the acid trip if I end up taking it a few times but don't dose it on the day I'm tripping?

Likely it'll dull the effects of psychedelics, most opiate work this way though not all. kratom is a notable exception, it intensifies psychedelia in a weird/unnerving way.
Best to limit combos because of unpredictable effects

Your comment about Tramadol's SSRI properties has just got me thinking.

Normally I don't even like opiates but for some reason 120-150mg codeine feels fucking AWESOME when I'm on 2C-E. It makes the trip feel so dreamy and really intensifies the euphoria and CEVs.
One day I wanted to do this combo but had no codeine. I did however, have a few 50mg tramadol tablets. I took 3 about an hour after taking the 2C-E and it was a major disappointment. I was expecting an ersatz version of the 2C-E+codeine combo but it felt NOTHING alike... there was no synergy at all and I found that it really dulled the trip.

At the time I didn't think too much about it. I just put it down to the fact that tramadol is IMO vastly inferior to codeine. The fact that it has SSRI properties would explain why it fucked up my trip.

My advice would be to skip the Tramadol on the day you trip. Maybe take some ibuprofen instead. LSD is actually a powerful anti inflammatory and has analgesic properties so you might not even need to take any painkillers.

I think I'll stick with APAP unless the pain is too much which I doubt. Someone said 3days cut off time

I think I'll stick with APAP unless the pain is too much which I doubt. Someone said 3days cut off time
I have never taken LSD while suffering from dental pain but I did snort DPT (100mg) a few hours after having 2 wisdom teeth pulled. One of the first things I noticed when it kicked in was how different my mouth felt. My brain was no longer registering the feeling as painful or uncomfortable. The soreness quickly turned into a strong vibrating sensation, which actually felt quite nice once I got accustomed to it. The trip itself was amazing.

I imagine LSD would have a similar effect... you'll feel something but you won't interpret it as pain. I find it to be extremely effective for muscle aches and sciatica.