• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Accupuncture/Dry Needling

NawdybyNature

Bluelighter
Currently recovering from extensive lower body injuries. My Physical therapy consists mostly of exercises while laying down with cuff weights on my ankles. I also do a few while standing with rubber bands on my ankles. Currently A lot of focus on quad strengthening and getting my range of motion back in my knees, ankles, and hips. Sometimes I'll hit the stationary bike when I really need to break a sweat.

I am curious about anyone's success with accupuncture/dry needling as a form of non pharmaceutical pain/inflamation relief. I've been wanting to try it because my physical therapist offers it. It seems like she's unsure if she can do it on my legs because of all the rods and screws in them. I would love to go the massage route but it's not realistic given my location. Any info or experiences would be much appreciated!

PS I found a BL thread from 2013 in which most people said it was a waste of time and money. Just curious if anyone has any more recent experience with it.

I do acupuncture for chronic migraines, they hit different pressure spots for different ailments. It feels like someone cracks a cool egg on your head. Nothing biofreeze couldn't do ig. Eastern Medicine is super legitimate. They all use the same book basically, regardless of regional style, it's the same spots.

May I suggest a tens unit, pretty cheap off Amazon. Bought one for my mum for her back pain and it helps tremendously. Other non-pharmaceutical recovery includes physical therapy pretty much, as you're in rn.
I hope you feel better!