• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

About to withdraw, cant get anything to help me

MJWojo

Greenlighter
I can't keep going like I'm living, addicted to opiates especially iv heroin. I am moving this weekend and I now cannot get anything, but that includes suboxone or methadone.
I do have gabapentin.
In the past , I've been sick to the point I needed the ER and I'm trying to tell myself if I focus on the move, and my toddler, I can get through this.
I've got 12to maybe 24 hours before this gets bad.
And I'm willing to suffer, for the light at the end of the tunnel, but I'm scared ill get so sick there won't be any way I can accomplish moving to my new house etc.
What over the counter actually helps?
I'm in Massachusetts, the stuff out here is fentanyl and really scary to withdraw from.

I can't keep going like I'm living, addicted to opiates especially iv heroin. I am moving this weekend and I now cannot get anything, but that includes suboxone or methadone.
I do have gabapentin.
In the past , I've been sick to the point I needed the ER and I'm trying to tell myself if I focus on the move, and my toddler, I can get through this.
And I'm willing to suffer, for the light at the end of the tunnel, but I'm scared ill get so sick there won't be any way I can accomplish moving to my new house etc.
I'm in Massachusetts, the stuff out here is fentanyl and really scary to withdraw from.
i got off fent, within a week, i never Wd`d from anything before at that time, i had little to no knowledge on truly how to make things easier, that's a rough one to have to move, let alone with kids and sickness, you really need some down time, as for OTC, there are many threads and learned about many aides from them, just wanted you know i care

I just want to add, I am very serious about getting clean. I have a shot at a decent life for me and my kid, and I want this chance!
yes you have to do this for yourself and child !! i believe in you

Loperamide (immodium)... if you take 40-60mg, after about 3 or 4 hours, it will help a LOT, and that relief will last about 24 hours. Kratom also helps but it's quite easy to trade one addiction for another, as kratom is an opioid. Though much less destructive on your life than heroin. gabapentin actually helps very much, too, and, of course isn't an opioid, though it is addictive. Dosing 300mg every 30-45 minutes until you feel better works. But tolerance builds quickly so after a few days of that it won't work nearly as well. What I would do is alternate gabapentin and loperamide... one one on gabapentin, the next on loperamide, and switch back and forth. You won't feel perfect by any means, but it will be a night and day difference from going cold turkey with nothing.

It probably goes without saying, but do this for the bare minimum amount of time you need to in order to get through acute withdrawals. As soon as you possibly can summon the energy, start working out every day as much as you can. Working out daily is the difference between post-acute withdrawals dragging on for months, and feeling better quickly, once acute withdrawals are past. The difference is massive.

Just want to add magnesium. Most opioid addicts are deficient in magnesium which contributes to insomnia, muscle pain and RLS during withdrawal.

It's not as useful as something like loperamide or kratom, but it certainly helps quite a bit, particularly with RLS.

There is lots of debate over which form of magnesium is best. Most people say magnesium glycinate. But just regular magnesium worked for me. Take it with food, and don't take too much otherwise it will give you GI issues and make diarrhea worse.

Last edited:
My gf and I used Nytol to take the edge off. Double the dose on the box though. It will help a little. If you are worried about having your kids taken away of you go to your doctor try visiting a safe injection site or needle exchange and talk to one of the staff or counselors. They will help you to find a way to get off the opiates without losing your kids by a doctor reporting your usage. Other than that going cold turkey (which I had to do in jail once) lasted about 12 days and wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (train spotting was my reference) but it may have not been as bad because my mind left me alone as far as trying to get me to go out and score because I had no way to do so. I know it's psychologically more difficult to quit if you can locate some somewhere if you try to. If you have to slug it out with nothing it will be done in less than two weeks. Think of it as a bad flu. I wish you all the best. Or anyone else that's going through this.

I do have gabapentin.
If you got gabapentin and dont abuse them they will help massively remember to stack them with a fatty snack and get some lope not sitting on the fucking toilet all day makes all the difference. Good luck getting clean keep focused just think no matter how bad let me just get to the end of week it be a lot better

Did you make it? I hope so. I know its late but herbs are underrated and can help. scullcap helps with the anxiety making it much more manageable. Also Valerian root for sleep. Passionflower also helps. you can make a tea out of the herbs. and you can buy valerian tablets. valerian smells like stinky foot though.lol. and dont do immodium. the loperadum in it can make withdrawal last longer. i'd use something else. Pepto? i used diamode.

I do have gabapentin.
I haven't been addicted to opiates in 8 years thank god, but back when i had to deal with this shit there was something called the Thomas Method or something along those lines that involved only the use of OTC medicine anyone anywhere could get, and that seemed to benefit a lot of people. You might wanna Google that and see if anything pops up.

Never forgot how bad the addiction feels and all the pain it brought you. This will give you a natural boost in motivation and dopamine. Think about your loved ones.

Loperderm(spellcheck)..it's not a miracle but it'll help..in order to heal you have to suffer..you got this