View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Abnormal shrooms trip

arcturiansaremyfam

Greenlighter
First post on blue light, and i know the titles a tad unorthodox as all shrooms trips are pretty abnormal but check this out and you'll know what i mean. Really just looking for clarity on this weird ass trip, and if anyone has had similar trips/experiences. and 3 friends took a half oz of shrooms and went up to the mountains to have a radical psychedelic experience. Keep in mind we only took an 8th each and we had all done higher doses in previous trips. As we sat around outside, watching the sunset after having just dosed (8:12 p.m) i remember spotting a UFO in the sky. This is not uncommon for me, i just felt like it was interesting to note.
Not even 20 minutes later i began to feel the come up. I hadnt eaten anything that day so i wasnt that surprised, but then me and friend 1 suddenly got this horrible deja vu of a very bad trip in the mountains, though neither of us can remember having ever tripped shrooms in the mountains previously. After the sun set and about 15 more minutes of the most intense come up i have ever experienced on ANY psychedelic, me, friend 1 and friend 2, all began puking violently and tripping really really hard. At this point everythig starts getting hard to remember, but bare with me. Fractals, audio hallucinations, and no sense of balance, We decided to walk to the car and sit inside of it instead hang outside, as it was impossible too see anything because of the hardcore visuals. The most disturbing notion of the trip at this point was i began to notice i felt very tired, which was extremely alarming to me. I was trying to hold it together for the sake of keeping everyone calm, because as a collective we were ego deathing harrrrd, but i was honestly terrified. This was an hour into the trip. As the trip accelerated in intensity, talk of hospitals and police were actually thrown around. We figured there was no way off the mountain at this point, and we would likely get in alot of trouble. This insued for about 4 hours, i wont give you the gritty details but lets just say at several points i felt like i was about to die, but then remembered that life and death were the same thing, and kept slipping into weird emotional fits which heavily fluctuated. I discovered alot of things about the nature of my conciousness and how connected it is to absolutely everything, in all realitys eternally. The visuals were so bad at points ot was hard to tell if my eyes were closed or open. Then suddenly around 12:15ish we all snapped out of it. It was like it never happened. I remember being confused, because my trips usually lasted longer than this, but i also remember being very grateful that this horrifyingly intense experience was over. Anywho we talked it out and ended up getting off the mountain and crashing at my crib, cuz i was just way to spooked. Woke up this morning, got on here, and here we are. I have tripped shrooms and LSD before several times, with much higher doses of each, and never experienced anything like that, especially while trying not to fall asleep.
Explanations?
Similar Experiences?
Well constructed theories?

Last edited:
Like you say, they're all abnormal, I guess that's why it's called 'a trip'.

Sound to me like a big fat dose of psilocybin to me. Not sure about the puking, I've never had that. High dose psilo is hard to cope with at times, which would explain why you were all freakin somewhat. Sometimes shrooms can be mega potent, I've ego-deathed and had the most hellishly intense trip on a mere 0.5g of aborts.

Finally - I've had the thing where I've tripped so hard I actually can't tell whether my eyes or open or closed. That's the strangest feeling!

In future I'd cut the dose and take it in 30 minute intervals. Trips last ages, no need to rush.