• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Abilify and amphs

The abilify will tend to block some (sometimes all) of the effects you would expect from amphetamines. However the combination is occasionally used by doctors because some actually respond quite well (eg certain folks with ADHD or severe depression etc).

From a purely recreational 'having fun' point of view, you would not want to combine the two though, unless you have something like bipolar or schizophrenia, in which case you shouldn't really be mucking around with stimulants at all.

The abilify will tend to block some (sometimes all) of the effects you would expect from amphetamines. However the combination is occasionally used by doctors because some actually respond quite well (eg certain folks with ADHD or severe depression etc).

From a purely recreational 'having fun' point of view, you would not want to combine the two though, unless you have something like bipolar or schizophrenia, in which case you shouldn't really be mucking around with stimulants at all.

It’s quite interesting that those two drugs are sometimes combined. I once read an article claiming that antipsychotics, through antagonism of the D2 Receptor could block most of the subjective effects of cocaine, but that this could be overridden bye taking higher doses of stimulants. it was theorised that this could be because of considerably greater D1 receptor activation bypassing D2 Receptor blockade to generate rewarding affects.

It’s quite interesting that those two drugs are sometimes combined. I once read an article claiming that antipsychotics, through antagonism of the D2 Receptor could block most of the subjective effects of cocaine, but that this could be overridden bye taking higher doses of stimulants. it was theorised that this could be because of considerably greater D1 receptor activation bypassing D2 Receptor blockade to generate rewarding affects.

When it comes to combos that would seem contradictory, it can help to remember that different parts/lobes of the brain may respond differently and for lots of different reasons - like the presence or absence of relevant receptors, and so on.

Not sure about amphetamines but i had no trouble getting high on coke on abilify. I kow they work differently though