• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

A withdrawal observation

ChicagoMike

Greenlighter
Completely unrelated to my other post, I noticed something that was a pleasant surprise when I stopped cold turkey. I'm on day 4 with no opiates. Today was the first day in which physical symptoms crept up on me, but they are very minor. Previously days 3 and 4 would be HELL. About 6 months ago, while I was in the midst of spiraling out of control with this crap, I decided since I was popping pills that I might as well pop some good ones too. I religiously took a multi vitamin, a b12 pill, vitamin d pill and a fish oil pill every morning. I wonder if this has anything to do with my withdrawals being not as bad as they were previously when I had either tried to quit or ran out of pills. Just found it curious. ?

Definitely could be that the supplements are helping to mitigate the symptoms of this kick. Though it's also the case that each person withdraws differently, and WDs tend to be quite different from time to time even for one person.

But I'm really glad to hear this one hasn't been too bad. Sometimes we get lucky. :)

That is interesting, Mike. I feel like I am in withdrawal every morning when I wake up, and I'm wondering if it's all in my head, or I am still withdrawing from either oxy, alcohol or kratom. I've kicked the oxy and it's been four days now no booze. I was a nightly drinker, for as long as I can remember, and now I've stopped.

I too am loading on on vitamins and supplements. Reading myself to death on it, looking for magic, but so far it seems I've just spent a lot of money and swallowed a gross amount of capsules!

That is interesting, Mike. I feel like I am in withdrawal every morning when I wake up, and I'm wondering if it's all in my head, or I am still withdrawing from either oxy, alcohol or kratom. I've kicked the oxy and it's been four days now no booze. I was a nightly drinker, for as long as I can remember, and now I've stopped.

I too am loading on on vitamins and supplements. Reading myself to death on it, looking for magic, but so far it seems I've just spent a lot of money and swallowed a gross amount of capsules!

In that past I loaded up on supplements after I had stopped using. The difference this time around was that I had consistently took supplements/vitamins for months while using. Now, I'm not sure if this is why my WD was minor or not, but I found it curious. I do know when you're knee deep in the abuse of opiates, that you get vitamin deficient.

You know i survived 23 years of chronic alcoholism bc i took supplements i was actually told that by my Drs. Had pre cihhrosis but they saved my life. I also just learned you know that horrible feeling in opiate withdrawl where your bones ache and feel your skelaton gonna pop out of your skin? Its calcium. Opiates drain the calcium from your bones once out of system it comes rushing back in thats why every bone hirts even knuckles. Calcium supplements while using heard helps that syptom anyway. I wish there was a magic supplement fir withdrawl. Alcohol wd can kill you but just a real bad hangover for a day opiate is 2 weeks of pure hell 24 hrs a day at least for me when i iv my dilaudid. Good thread bery cool

Oh for sure. The worst withdrawls of my life were when I was physically really weak. Thats when it really beats the crap outa ya. If your strong and eating and right and all that and then go into withdrawal, its just like anything, your body will be able to bounce back faster. One time I was in really poor health from using and eating like cereal once a day for 2 years, and then I got stabbed in the lung. Neway I ended up withdrawing on somebodies couch, and I mean I couldn't even walk from being stabbed, never mind the withdrawls. Thats probably the lowest i have ever been. I remember my thoughts were demonic. I was thinking the most terrible horrible cruel shit imaginable as like some sort of sick safety mechanism. I dunno, my point is when your low, withdrawls are worse. If you have anything to look forward to after the withdrawls thats gonna be better to. If you just see an endless path of closed doors after withdrawl, taht is when its very hard to stay sober.

Oh for sure. The worst withdrawls of my life were when I was physically really weak. Thats when it really beats the crap outa ya. If your strong and eating and right and all that and then go into withdrawal, its just like anything, your body will be able to bounce back faster. One time I was in really poor health from using and eating like cereal once a day for 2 years, and then I got stabbed in the lung. Neway I ended up withdrawing on somebodies couch, and I mean I couldn't even walk from being stabbed, never mind the withdrawls. Thats probably the lowest i have ever been. I remember my thoughts were demonic. I was thinking the most terrible horrible cruel shit imaginable as like some sort of sick safety mechanism. I dunno, my point is when your low, withdrawls are worse. If you have anything to look forward to after the withdrawls thats gonna be better to. If you just see an endless path of closed doors after withdrawl, taht is when its very hard to stay sober.

WOW. Deetz on getting stabbed in the LUNG, while in WD, and NOT going to the ER?

In that past I loaded up on supplements after I had stopped using. The difference this time around was that I had consistently took supplements/vitamins for months while using. Now, I'm not sure if this is why my WD was minor or not, but I found it curious. I do know when you're knee deep in the abuse of opiates, that you get vitamin deficient.

It's amazing how taking care of our bodies, whether we are using or not, makes life so much easier in the long run. You post is an important observation, and a reminder that it is always important to do our best to take care of our bodies, as we never know what life is going to throw at us.

Completely unrelated to my other post, I noticed something that was a pleasant surprise when I stopped cold turkey. I'm on day 4 with no opiates. Today was the first day in which physical symptoms crept up on me, but they are very minor. Previously days 3 and 4 would be HELL. About 6 months ago, while I was in the midst of spiraling out of control with this crap, I decided since I was popping pills that I might as well pop some good ones too. I religiously took a multi vitamin, a b12 pill, vitamin d pill and a fish oil pill every morning. I wonder if this has anything to do with my withdrawals being not as bad as they were previously when I had either tried to quit or ran out of pills. Just found it curious. 樂

Good on you brotha! I wish I would have done the same, in fact I think I will take some today ;) I wish I could have tried some of the remedies I heard on here I was too much of a stubborn ass to do anything cause I was distressed. I am interested in what the heck these people are saying about this bar of soap under the covers haha. Also, these supplements I believe played a major key in your withdrawal being more bearable. After all, a lot of these symptoms could be mineral deficiency.

The only good part of withdrawal is clearing out my bowels. Remembering what it's like to take a full healthy shit is something underrated.

lol oh I went to the er all right. I got air lifted to the hospital. U cant really survive being stabbed in the lung without it. For one your lungs just collapse, but also you will just die of infection. I was only in the er for 3 days tho and then they gave me a script of like 60 dilaud 8s or something, which I did in like 3 days and then on to detox wee!!

lol oh I went to the er all right. I got air lifted to the hospital. U cant really survive being stabbed in the lung without it. For one your lungs just collapse, but also you will just die of infection. I was only in the er for 3 days tho and then they gave me a script of like 60 dilaud 8s or something, which I did in like 3 days and then on to detox wee!!

Ahh okay, that makes sense... I was thinking you got stabbed and then just laid down on your friends couch!

Dam that a lot for ER im suprised they didn't admit you. Wow what a story. I hope you're ok Dudu. Ive only been to detox I worked at one I was able to administer meds certain meds so any questions please ask if not good luck

Thanks im doing well!(that was 6 years ago) I learned a lot from my times of insane darkness. Its consumed me at times, but in the end, I always prevail.