• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction A Warning to Never IV Buprenorphine the Day After Opioid/Opiate Usage

Crystal Clouds

Greenlighter
So my drug of choice is methamphetamine and i just went on a rather gnarly binge resulting in an addiction to fentanyl intravenously on top of the gram a day IV meth habit i already seem to have. by the end of my binge which was yesterday , i had and still have a constant flow of blood in my mouth from biting my cheeks and running my tongue against the sharp parts of my teeth so often and so hard. my back is in extreme pain from sitting in normally uncomfortable positions comfortably for so long. my feet and knees ache from being on my feet walking so often. i also gave myself cotton fever from using 13 used cottons for one last hurrah cotton shot but thats a story for another day

today i had work … needless to to say , if not more meth i needed something to provide an analgesic effect for my shift. i suffered the pain my first hour , then on break found a 8mg sub in my back pocket — bingo. i run to the single bathrooms and lock myself in. quickly and sloppily i cook up the sub into a 40 unit shot , barely filtering if any of it did filter at all. i vaguely remember hearing about how you should never IV suboxone as your introductory dose off opiates but the shot is already made so i really didn’t care. i register smoothly and push the plunger fast. at first … nothing. to be expected as subs never really did anything for me besides keep me well and provide slight analgesia. but then (maybe two-five seconds later) , as i’m putting my belt back on, my vision goes black then comes back very blurry. i’m on the ground and i’m freezing but i might have a fever ? i get a kind of milky (or maybe curdled milk to be more accurate) taste in the back of my throat. my heart is beating faster than if i just slammed a quarter gram of meth and my breathing is heavy and extremely shaky. if that wasn’t bad enough , after those horrific body feelings i get the absolute WORST ( and i cannot stress how bad it was, words literally do not describe how unpleasant i felt) case of restless leg syndrome across my entire body. now i’m essentially convulsing on the floor trying to manage the restlessness i feel in my body because if i moved all my limbs at once it wasn't quite as bad , still the worst thing i’ve ever experienced by far , but not as bad as if i wasn’t moving (which my body was trying to fight my movement anyway so you can imagine how terrible this experience was for me) i just accepted that maybe death was around the corner and if i lived i vowed to never experience this ever again (and subsequently tell the world so nobody else has to experience this)

-after maybe 5-10 minutes , way past my break’s end , most of the symptoms are gone but the restlessness is still present (albeit mild in comparison to the initial onset) , i feel spacy , disoriented , tired , and still have trouble moving my body for the most part.

-after 45 minutes the restlessness dissipates and i’m left with a disgusting feeling of lethargy and sleeplessness i have to deal with for the rest of my shift.

all in all it was an intense and kind of obscure situation i’ve never really seen or heard about happening to anyone else. i thought i’d spread the word as to never inject buprenorphine as your introductory dose the following day after using opiates , especially at an 8mg dose. I’m not certain on the science but i recall hearing something about buprenorphine having a slower bind time overall to full opioid antagonists and something about an instantaneous binding of the receptors causes a shock to the brain and central nervous system in a rather extreme way — maybe that was nonsense though so take it with a grain of salt , that's just along the lines of what my prescribing doctor told me. maybe just don’t inject buprenorphine in general. as an experienced IV bupe user i’d say it RARELY gives SOMETHING of a “high” which is more often than not your first dose after a weeklong break (which isn’t a luxury bupe dependent people get). there’s little to no recreational value and i’ve tried every way to make it work , including “booty-bumps” and smoking off foil. i know most people don’t feel tempted to abuse buprenorphine but there are a select few of us who are stupid enough and fiendish enough to inject or even put their maintenance drug up their rectum just to chase a high.

Sounds like you sent yourself into percipitate withdrawl…lucky it only lasted 45 minutes, could have been days had your dope habit been worse

Sounds like you sent yourself into percipitate withdrawl…lucky it only lasted 45 minutes, could have been days had your dope habit been worse
yeah okay , makes sense. now i understand anyone who says PW is worse than any withdrawal by far. thats up there with a three month Benadryl addiction as the worst experience of my life. it was extra terrible because i was at work.

i’m still planning to IV my sub tomorrow though , so hopefully the results are different.

yeah okay , makes sense. now i understand anyone who says PW is worse than any withdrawal by far. thats up there with a three month Benadryl addiction as the worst experience of my life. it was extra terrible because i was at work.

i’m still planning to IV my sub tomorrow though , so hopefully the results are different.
You won’t go into pwd again