Site Feedback A New Focus Forum

AmiableAlchemist?

Greenlighter
Dear Powers That Be here at BL,
I was looking into your focus forums and though for the most part they were very thorough, the section known as Other Drugs left a little to be desired. Now obviously there should definitely be a miscellaneous focus section, but I was wondering if there could be another focus forum. For the last six months I've been doing a good bit of experimentation with ethnobotanicals during which I was kind of disappointed on the lack of good reports on everything from iboga to wormwood, so I thought I'd go out on a limb here to kindly ask that an Herbal/Ethnobotanical/Entheogen focus forum get thrown into the mix if it wasn't to much trouble. If it's too much to ask it's cool. I can always just talk about the psychedelic herbals on that focus forum, but I've found that people interested in Ethnobotany tend to have a way different set of vibrations as opposed to those Merry Pranksters in the Psychedelics Section ;). Anyways, regardless, thanks for giving this some thought even if it turns out to be too unwieldy to accomplish. Peace Out.

Interesting post. I don't speak for bluelught in any way - but my personal opinion is that this is a pretty good idea.
Not sure what other people may think, but it is certainly an element of the "drug culture" or HR scene generally that isnt easily represented elsewhere.
Ethnobotanicals discussion often doesnt get a lot of talk happening here - i remember trying to find information on mulungu recently, and there wasn't a great deal available.
Thanks, interesting post.

Seconded.

Though at what point does Phalaris grass discussion as an ethnobotanical become discernible from its alkaloids as a (psychedelic) drug?

My view would be for our PD team to undertake a "project" in penning ethnobotanical-centric pieces, openly discuss them just as freely as one would a random Trypt/PEA, consolidate current pockets of information via merging and generally direct the sub-forum towards becoming the resource on botany-based-ball-tripping. ;)