• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos A few quick ones on Xanax.

somethingsomeonejr

Greenlighter
Bensodiazepines are not my drug of choice, recreationally. I've tried Stesolid on and off during the last two months, but I've got no habit (yet) and have no intention on making one. As if one ever has. I don't push it with stess to get groovy. It's always low dose just to stomp down that churning angst and void.
That being said, of course I like to down a few more every now and then, but nothing close to binging or being excessive.
I'm still a novice to these, although I've been reading alot, I have a sister subscribed Stesolid, she's told me alot about.
(She's got a past addiction to benzos, so she's knows what she's talking about. Tried calling her, no response, so I thought you people of any people should be able to give me some answers :)

So, please, even though I find warnings and general hypocrisy against others choice of action somewhat hilarious, entertaining and at times, heartwarming, please, don't be that guy telling me this is a bad choice, you're playing with fire, and so. on.

To my question;
Now is a time I'd like to induldge, as far as safety allows. I've had 2mg of Xanax (Upjohn 90 ones, purpleish in color) in roughly three hours. I feel relaxed, not overly so; I thought 5 mg diazepam hit harder, body wise.
But headspace is anxious free, something I'm not used to, before trying stes a few months ago.
Feeling abit heavy, might be the weed. But something else is definately working here. Socialangst, or unwillingness to social interaction
I'm with my to roommates at home, so a good setting.

The past week I've had four stesolid, spread out. Last one friday morning.
Is it safe for me to;
- Have .5 more or 1 mg more? Will that black me out? Will it intensify or just prolong?
- Sip a beer and feel if it intesifies?

Note: I'm rolling joints fairly consistent, so bud is always there.

Thanks for you people!

EDIT: Just walked to the bathroom. Walked a bit drunkely, could feel my motorics being slighty affected.
This is interesting. New territory.

Last edited:
So, please, even though I find warnings and general hypocrisy against others choice of action somewhat hilarious, entertaining and at times, heartwarming, please, don't be that guy telling me this is a bad choice, you're playing with fire, and so. on.

This is the wrong attitude to have on a HR board. If you want people to get along with you then you need to stop acting like this.

To answer your question you should be 'okay' if you had a little more, and you might even be okay to add 1 beer. But the problem with abusing benzos is that you almost never feel euphoric 'enough' so you are always looking for a little bit more.

sometimesomeonejr said:
I've had 2mg of Xanax (Upjohn 90 ones, purpleish in color) in roughly three hours. I feel relaxed, not overly so; I thought 5 mg diazepam hit harder, body wise.

You are probably more fucked up than you think you are. Xanax is notorious for this, especially with alcohol involved. You can wind up quicker in blackout territory than you might think, and doing some really stupid shit that often involves phone calls, property destruction and nudity. That said the amounts you're talking about aren't truly crazy, if you have any sort of tolerance (alcohol tolerance too but as you know the two drugs are synergistic) and if you keep it to that, you'll probably be OK, especially if you aren't going out in public, especially if you're not going to places where alcohol is served and you figure "one more can't hurt ..."

Also, yeah, it's a bad choice and you're playing with fire, and to tell you that I'm a gargantuan habit, but as @Mad Dash points out, it's an HR board.

2mg of alprazolam equal to 5mg of diazepam? That seems way off to me. I take diazepam pretty regularly, and have a lot of experience with both. I understand different benzos effect people differently but that just seems so far off.

I can get a very slight calm feeling from 1mg of alprazolam, but not even 10mg of diazepam will do that for me. I would need 20mg+ at least.

If you have a low benzo tolerance, you need to be careful with alprazolam. You could easily blackout without realizing it. I've been taking diazepam for 3 years because of a prescription, I've never blacked out once on any benzo... but if I ever share with friends who are naive I can end up accidentally giving them more than I should and seeing blackouts first hand.

It is a path you must tread lightly, regardless of what you may think or not want to hear. Benzo withdrawal isn't something you want to experience.

2mg of alprazolam equal to 5mg of diazepam? That seems way off to me. I take diazepam pretty regularly, and have a lot of experience with both. I understand different benzos effect people differently but that just seems so far off.

It is. Depending on who you ask 2mg alprazolam is equivalent to 20-40mg diazepam but it's hard to speak of equivalence as the pharmacokinetics are quite different.

OP says "body wise," though, Xanax is kind of more transparent even though still quite intoxicating and prone to blackouts.

Last edited:
From what I've read you'll be OK but pushing one's limits can someday be dangerous, guarantee. Also, from reading your post, it almost sounds like you're writing a diary journal. Maybe you should keep one. Sounds like you'd enjoy the writing and it may come in handy down the road (maybe entertaining too).

This is the wrong attitude to have on a HR board. If you want people to get along with you then you need to stop acting like this.

To answer your question you should be 'okay' if you had a little more, and you might even be okay to add 1 beer. But the problem with abusing benzos is that you almost never feel euphoric 'enough' so you are always looking for a little bit more.

Acting like what? Like I dont want this thread to become a cesspool of moral judgements? Like I dont want strangers on a junkboard playing mommy with me?

I ended up doing no more xanax, drank some beer and discredited the recreational use of this substance.

But it does take that anxious edge off, so its good for something.

Thanks for your replies good people!

I can get a very slight calm feeling from 1mg of alprazolam, but not even 10mg of diazepam will do that for me. I would need 20mg+ at least.

If you have a low benzo tolerance, you need to be careful with alprazolam. You could easily blackout without realizing it. I've been taking diazepam for 3 years because of a prescription, I've never blacked out once on any benzo... but if I ever share with friends who are naive I can end up accidentally giving them more than I should and seeing blackouts first hand.

It is a path you must tread lightly, regardless of what you may think or not want to hear. Benzo withdrawal isn't something you want to experience.

I thought diazepam had a smother bodyfeel.

This was an experiment.
I find diazepam for my angst to be amazing and the halflife is loooong and nice. But I had none at home and hd to cop xannies insted.

But yes, I'll be careful.

What I find hilarious is when people come here, to a harm reduction forum, and get upset when we try to help them not accidentally die.

Most of us here have done this and more, yes. That includes dangerous drug combos and despite this most of us know our limits from experience. Not everyone knows how much of this or that they can handle.

Also, many of us have overdosed and had a brush with death at least once and we don't mean to sound like "mommy", we just don't want anyone else to die from drugs. If we can save just ONE life with what we post on this board then mission accomplished <3

OP, we just don't want you to get the wrong idea about us. We mean well, I promise!

I didn't mean to come off as an asshole, sorry.
I'm just sick of the same old lectures about the same old devils.
Three out of four family memebers in my family uses/abuses benzos. I've seen the side-effects closer than I'd like, I know that benzodiazepine addiction/wd is pure fucking despair.

And when people I don't know care for me it creeps me out, which is probably not a good thing, but I'm working on it.

Thank you, all

EDIT;
I feel I should add I'm not looking for a benso as a recreational drug. I've been battling depression and general anxiety for the past ten or so years, and some recent events that gave me a few panic attacks.
took Stesolid three times a week, for one week, to get me "grounded". I've had a few spread out after that.

I'm looking for something not to carry me, but give me a push in the right direction. That's why I liked Stesolid - the long half-time.
Although the effects aren't there during that, I feel peaceful for one or two days after. Like an afterglow.
Chemicals are not the answer, I KNOW, but while I'm getting routines (got a new gym-membership, changed my eating as well as other things that promote health instead of the depressing hole my current lifestyle promotes), I'm looking for something that doesn't require everyday use.

Thinking about it, I might not be looking at all. Cause sometimes you get what you wish.
And we'd be a whole family of junkies.

Last edited:
No hard feelings jr. :)

Benzos are useful and some people need them but when they are abused, that's when it becomes a problem.

But, how do we know the difference between abuse and just having to increase your dose due to tolerance? It's inevitable, but I believe that a doctor should be the only one to determine if their patient should take more. OT, sorry. I'll get off my soapbox ;)

I think you'll be fine, jr. Just be careful and resist the temptation to redose if you've already had a few. Benzos are known to fuck you up and you aren't aware of how fucked up you are even if you aren't trying to get high. But you already know that.

If your anxiety is unmanageable then perhaps you should also go to therapy or at least talk to a friend who can help calm you down. I've got panic disorder but I rarely take benzos because I know I'll abuse them, being an addict. Even turned down a Valium script from my psychiatrist which was hard ;p

You can live a good life with anxiety, it's just a matter of learning to cope in a way that is healthy. Easier said than done though. I wish you the best and you've always got Bluelight if all else fails. You can make some good friends here, people who understand what you're going through. Have a great day! :)

I didn't mean to come off as an asshole, sorry.
I'm just sick of the same old lectures about the same old devils.
Three out of four family memebers in my family uses/abuses benzos. I've seen the side-effects closer than I'd like, I know that benzodiazepine addiction/wd is pure fucking despair.

And when people I don't know care for me it creeps me out, which is probably not a good thing, but I'm working on it.

Thank you, all

EDIT;
I feel I should add I'm not looking for a benso as a recreational drug. I've been battling depression and general anxiety for the past ten or so years, and some recent events that gave me a few panic attacks.
took Stesolid three times a week, for one week, to get me "grounded". I've had a few spread out after that.

I'm looking for something not to carry me, but give me a push in the right direction. That's why I liked Stesolid - the long half-time.
Although the effects aren't there during that, I feel peaceful for one or two days after. Like an afterglow.
Chemicals are not the answer, I KNOW, but while I'm getting routines (got a new gym-membership, changed my eating as well as other things that promote health instead of the depressing hole my current lifestyle promotes), I'm looking for something that doesn't require everyday use.

Thinking about it, I might not be looking at all. Cause sometimes you get what you wish.
And we'd be a whole family of junkies.

EDIT 2;
Mad Dash, you're right. I came in with the wrong attitude. Sorry about that, and thanks for your advice.
Stess always makes me feel goody-good, maybe because it's muscle-relaxant properties are stronger than the xanax.
But I went ahead and assumed like a donkeys ass that if one benzo is euphoric, all is. 8)

I know, you're right. You're fighting the good fight

Also, the thing is, I felt normal on Stesolid. Yesterday was an attempt to get "high".
But what I want is to feel "normal". Or free, if you will, from my fucking thoughts and the plague the seem to carry.
Be able to do normal shit like wanting to hangout with friends, go through stores, be in public, without feeling out of place and being ridden bareback by the Angstbitch herself.

I should see someone, or, I really should. It's just expensive here.
And it's scary, I do admit.
Also, I do have a pretty addictive personality. Or at least recently. Which is why I think it might be bad that I have three full blisters of Xanax.

This thread might take another turn with this next question, hope that's ok;
Doing benzos occassionaly, that would be 1-2 a week. Would this cause some withdrawal between? And more importantly, addiction-wise?
I've heard xanax are pretty easy getting hooked on.

Last edited: