• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

A deep tought on religion

engineercchad

Bluelighter
I just wanted to share a thought I has the other night. I'm no atheist nor am I a theist (gnostic anti-theist best describes me)v

Organized religion: a path to a connection with "God" or a distraction and externalization of the divine nature of one's SELF thereby, removing said divine nature and the advantages that may come along with it?
Before you discard or get mad think on it: even in "the Book" mankind is "made in our image," right? So how are we then somehow inferior and, not only this, but if we're an image of the "supreme God" then is it really that likely that "God," aiming for a spitting image, was somehow immortal, all knowing, all powerful, yet we are simply subordinate, mortal, frail and disease prone, in complete opposition to the image from which we were allegedly created?
I'll assume if you read through, I made your cogs start spinning double-time so my work is done, here!

Notice it's "our" image. Gods likely got a nagging wife and some relatives. Plus he's likely got some digestive issues. It's very likely his mind wasn't focused on the job.

I like to view god as the universal energy of balance and complete purity. Sensory experience is an imbalance and it infinitely leads to creating complexity and pain. Nothing you do as a human can benefit anything in the big scope of things, and those who form views against religion (organized and not) are plunging into the darkness of chaos.

The path to enlightenment is simply removing oneself from the path of putting extra information into the cosmos. It doesn't matter how you get there, it only matters that you dumb yourself down, purposely.

I think newborn things, children, kittens, and puppies are the purest representations of God in our world.

They haven't yet settled into materiality and have a kind of purity so the divine energy is still powerful in them (you could also say they're still in their higher self and the ego haven't taken over their consciousness).

People know this subconsciously, or find it uplifting to be around, only they don't suspect the cause.

Sensory experience is an imbalance and it infinitely leads to creating complexity and pain.

I think that is partially true and has been a motivation behind much of religion. The idea that the senses are somehow less substantial, untrustworthy, even decadent. And yet theists propose that God created us, and hence our senses. Isn't it a tacit criticism of god, to reject the senses, even going as far as to say that the senses 'lead to' pain?

Its my prime question; why would anyone worship a god who has condemned us to such suffering? Its pretty much always dismissed as a stupid question. :/

Nothing you do as a human can benefit anything in the big scope of things, and those who form views against religion (organized and not) are plunging into the darkness of chaos.

Are you saying that humans can do anything that is good, but we can do plenty that is bad? It seems like the god you believe in is willing to hate us for being the way we were created to be.

How is being against religion causing the problems our world has? How would worshipping god save us? I asked you in your other thread about atheism being cancerous. Do you really think it is noble and good to wait for divine intervention to fix the problems we have created in the world? I worry that we are then basically sitting on our hands and hoping for the best and all evidence we have suggests that it is our actions that caused this and therefore ONLY our actions will pull us back from the edge. Waiting for god won't help because it is the same as not doing anything at all; it will make things worse.

The path to enlightenment is simply removing oneself from the path of putting extra information into the cosmos. It doesn't matter how you get there, it only matters that you dumb yourself down, purposely.

Does god want his creation to do this? Why would god want us to be anything but what he made us to be?

Last edited:
Its my prime question; why would anyone worship a god who has condemned us to such suffering? Its pretty much always dismissed as a stupid question. :/

At the risk of derailing a thread I'll give you a short answer to a good question.

What doesn't kill you can make you stronger.

Obviously I'd say a lot more but it would get into doctrine of belief and I think I'm a heretic by most standards. IME life just sucked til suddenly it made complete sense, it's just personal though and to express what happened in my mind just sounds like insanity to anyone else. Regardless, it has catapulted my life forward in almost every area simultaneously. When it comes to worship it's way to detailed for a thread derail. We may have very different definitions of worship in this context as well.

Not deep at all you have no deep understanding of Christianity, keep up the Bolshevism comrade (actually pick up a Bible and find a good church you'll be happier.)

^Who are you talking to treezy? OP is barely about Christianity.

Spamming Christianity isn't exactly useful. imo.

At the risk of derailing a thread I'll give you a short answer to a good question.

What doesn't kill you can make you stronger.

Interesting to choose a Nietzsche quote to answer a question about why we would worship a god that puts us through suffering.
Not flaming you; merely an observation.

Nietzsche went crazy and that doesn't sound like stronger. It was a stroke that killed him. That saying is not a universal truth.

Not deep at all you have no deep understanding of Christianity, keep up the Bolshevism comrade (actually pick up a Bible and find a good church you'll be happier.)

Even if Christianity turns out to be correct, that doesn't mean other people who arrive at different conclusions did not think deeply.

Interesting to choose a Nietzsche quote to answer a question about why we would worship a god that puts us through suffering.
Not flaming you; merely an observation.

It is not an accurate quote but it is still relevant. Many spiritual and religious views have us endlessly facing challenges in order to improve ourselves.