• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(80mg Adderall IR + 4mg Xanax) Felt like I was underwater.

Vineyard

Greenlighter
Attempted to cancel out Xanax sedation with Adderall.

The results: Mind-blowing.

Its 10pm on a Thursday. I had just finished a shit ton of homework and I am ready to go to sleep. I lay in bed for 30 minutes until I realize that the coffee I drank isn't going to let me go to sleep. I take out my pharms and eat 4mg of Xanax, It should knock me out on my ass in no time. Im feeling heavy and sedated, about to pass out any second now. Before I wander off into dream world, I think about what needs to be done the next day. "I only have one class tomorrow! And its chemistry..". I completely forgot about the chemistry paper due tomorrow. Fuck. There is no way in hell that I can write a good paper on Xanax, let alone stay awake long enough to finish it. So I did what any rational half-asleep college student would do. Rail 40mg of Adderall and parachute another 40mg.

I assumed that taking a high dose of Adderall like this would get rid of the sedation. But it did way more than that.

A couple minutes after the Adderall kicked in, I was more than pleasantly surprised. Take an amphetamine high, but take away all of the negative aspects of it. I wasn't clammy, I wasn't sweaty and most importantly I wasn't all shaky and edgy. I had a wonderful tingling sensation in my head that moved up in down my body. My limbs and head felt heavy and slow, but my brain was functioning faster than ever.

I had one of the strangest sensations ever about an hour in. I stood up to get out of my chair, and all of the sudden, I felt like I was underwater. I was still able walk, but it felt like there was a force trying to push me back. One of the oddest and most unexpected highs I have ever experienced.

It's like a pharma-speedball but with a benzo instead of an opiate. If I ever acquired Adderall (I really should stay away from stims though; I can always take an opiate and be fine the day after without wanting anymore but stims can take a hold of me sometimes), I'd probably try it with 2mg of Xanax and then take another 2mg on the comedown.

I find mixing stimulants with sedatives to be a sickening feeling.

I second this. It has only ever resulted in me feeling 'off', and lacking the positive qualities of either substance.

On the other hand, I've never taken as much adderall or xanax as you did, even individually.

This is something I do often. Speedball (Heroin/coke or heroin/meth) it is not. Benzo's are indicated as a pharmacological intervention for stimulant OD. Hence why you felt all the good of the amphetamine and none of the bad OP. I know of people who are dead mixing opiates and amphetamines. I know of no one who has OD'd from this pharmaceutical "speedball". It's all about the dose. 1-2 mg etizolam to 40-60 mg methamphetamine for example.