• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

8 months of opiate use daily and didnt withdrawal

DalaiMama215

Greenlighter
Not proud to say that I used oxycodone up until my 35 week of pregnancy daily and quit cold turkey 3 weeks ago and never suffered withdrawal symptoms. I have been clean for a few weeks now and the baby have been monitored and put on stress test every week (since I'm in my last weeks of pregnancy you see the OB once a week) the baby is perfectly healthy..such as practicing her breathing ...all organs functioning normally...no signs of distress....

I am in complete shock, I don't know for sure if my baby will come out with WDs because I have been clean for almost a month and nothing has went wrong so far.

I pray that she's okay and healthy the mental cravings were so hard to get over but after day 4 they went completely away.

I would say it's a miracle and a blessing that after stopping I didn't WD...is this normal...should I be researched...I went from doing 1 30 mg oxycodone for 6 months then my tolerance went up to two or three 30 mgs in those last couple of months...I never took anything consistently throughout the day just all together once late at night while watching a movie....is it because I let my body metabolize the drug for at least 24 hours before I took anymore? I also swallowed never crushed, snorted or injected in my life.

I'm not sure but it's a miracle

Hello I am new to bluelight but your post caught my attention in a big way!! I too am a long time opiate abuser who never thought I could have a child. Many previous female conditions left drs telling me i couldnt get pregnant from the age of 18 so imagine my surprise at age 30 when i find myself expecting a child!! Overjoyed doesnt describe how i felt at 15 weeks when i took my first positive pregnancy test and i am proud to say i quit all opiates that very moment as i handed my stash of pills to my husband and said good bye. Other than being extra tired (which i suppose could have came from being pregnant) i had no withdrawal symptoms either!! I mean I was always unable to stop due to the brutal few days of being sick as I was unable to hack it and always went and found more drugs to feel well again. Well not during pregnancy my friend, the symptoms just never came!! So imagine my joy at being able to spend the remaining weeks of gestation healthy and clean for my child. However fast forward to now (one year later) and i am right back to where i started. Following a very complicated delivery i was rx pain pills and you know how the story goes from there. So i put all this effort into wanting to be a sober mom only to end up doing exactly what i said i wouldnt. That is why i had to repsond to your post! Please take it from someone who hates the vicious cycle they are in.. Do not, i repeat Do Not accept any narcotics following delivery as it will not end well!! And that "get out of jail free card" that comes from a simple cold turkey during pregancny does not follow after baby is out of you and you try to quit again! I wish to God I would have walked away because I struggle daily now to be the mom i wanted to be and wasted my chance at recovery when my withdrawals were so minimal during pregnancy as they are certainly not that way now. Best of luck to you and your bundle of joy and please consider this post when your dr offers to send you home with a script. God Bless!

Amazing post Desperately Trying! Thank you for having the love in your heart to share that with the OP. You can be clean. It is possible. You can get a conscious contact with the goodness that is so obviously inside of you.

Thank you for your kind words jdfisse!! I am desperate to find that so called goodness towards myself!! My hubby and I are on a rough road at the moment and need to find a detox at home plan that can work for us.. We are currently awaiting a few pain pills to help us taper down off the hard stuff.. Here is to hoping that we can stick to it!! Please feel free to keep the words of encouragement coming for both the OP and myself! No intentions of jacking their thread i have stared my own today.. Thank you again! God Bless!