• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos .5 mg of Klonopin daily for 3 months-Dependence questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowbar1111

Greenlighter
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this so please move it if in the wrong place.

I have been taking .5 mg Kpin daily, usually in the mornings for anxiety for roughly 2.5-3 months, and usually each month there is about two days in a row where i do not take it. Rarely i may take 1mg in a day but that would be like once every couple of weeks. I do also drink daily between 9-11 beers.

My question is about physical dependence and withdrawal, these things work like a charm, but i became worried about physical dependence when i realized how often ive taken them. Then i looked up things on the internet about it and became terrified at the thought of having serous physical withdrawals. I know this is a small dose but I was wondering if anyone had experience with this or insight into it like if I run out or for some reason cant get any for a week or two how much physical trouble do you think i am in, if any. Basically I'm worried about physical symptoms/siezures, if i were to stop. they work great but I just do not want some horrible physical problem if I run out.

Thanks for any replies in advance

I am also already on my 3rd day of having none and other than a hangover and anxious feeling(made worse by reading about it) I feel ok atm.

Last edited:
The truth is we do not know yet, because the medical community says it takes up to 8 weeks of high dose benzos to experience seizures or true physical dependency (4 mg + xanax, etc.). Forums will say any amount taken for about 2 months daily will infact have a chance of causing you a seizure. The answer lies somewhere inbetween.

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this so please move it if in the wrong place.

I have been taking .5 mg Kpin daily, usually in the mornings for anxiety for roughly 2.5-3 months, and usually each month there is about two days in a row where i do not take it. Rarely i may take 1mg in a day but that would be like once every couple of weeks. I do also drink daily between 9-11 beers.

My question is about physical dependence and withdrawal, these things work like a charm, but i became worried about physical dependence when i realized how often ive taken them. Then i looked up things on the internet about it and became terrified at the thought of having serous physical withdrawals. I know this is a small dose but I was wondering if anyone had experience with this or insight into it like if I run out or for some reason cant get any for a week or two how much physical trouble do you think i am in, if any. Basically I'm worried about physical symptoms/siezures, if i were to stop. they work great but I just do not want some horrible physical problem if I run out.

Thanks for any replies in advance

It seems for me it was enough to develop mild-medium withdrawal symptoms from 0,25-0,5 mg clonazepam daily usage for several months. I am on 4th month tapering this tiny amount.

Would it maybe be beneficial to take alprazolam in place of clonazepam for a few days like a 1mg dose once daily since it is in my system less time?

Really all benzos can cause serious withdrawls if you take them everyday for a certain amount of time. there is no way to tell you for sure if you will or will not go through withdrawls even if you did switch to Xanax. But let me tell you get out if you still can and don't absolutely need them. I have been dependent on benzos for like 4 years now. and the times I have gone without them I suffered tremendously. I take 3mg of klonopin a day and I have run out and not been able to fill them early before and it was hellish mentally and the physical effects came on about 2.5 days into no benzos in my system. I was losing my mind couldn't sleep felt like I was going insane so anxious and nervous had a fever was throwing up and nauseous and just felt like complete shit. I would try doing a slow taper with the kpin or maybe a small amount of something weaker like Ativan if possible and just take like 1/4 less of the pill each day then every other day then every 3-5 days and so on until u feel ok.

Ok thank you, they really do help but to avoid hardcore physical symptoms, tapering seems like what i might try, to get to a point where i maybe only take them a couple times a week or something. Ive been off for 3 days but have gotten my refill, should i just not take them for a couple more days and see or maybe reduce it to .25 starting now? I cant be in a horrible physical state and that is mainly what i am trying to avoid, mentally i enjoy them but certainly could not take them even if i have them. Thanks again everyone

Ok, just an update, its been 6 days since any Kpins, and for the last 3 ive had 1mg xanax 1 time in the afternoon each day along with the usual beer, everything seems to be going fine. The kpins should be out of my system by now right? and since the xanax is such a short-lived drug, think im out of the woods? Ive only taken the xanax other than day 3 for fun, never to counteract any feelings of w/d. Just trying to get down where i can take as needed and not daily, i got so used to daily, for those 3 months i had zero panic attacks, ever, so i just kept taking one daily, but id rather only take when i need to avoid panic about panic attacks from panic medicine w/d.

OP, if I were you , I would just grinn and bear it. You need to simply start a taper and utse . Look up taper threads. You were on pretty low dose of Clonazepam. If you start taking alprazolam/ Xanax, 1mg, your just, at the minimum, starting and extending your withdrawal.

You have to slowly lower your current dose, period. Take as long as you need, but the only way you will get off is by a slow taper.

Now, you also have the option of tapering a little faster, but side effects may be a little more heavier. Use things like valerian root, chamomile , etc to help ween you off. You can do this.

Hey there. I'm new here but definitely have experience in taking benzos as I too take them and re lie on them for sever anxiety. I can tell u this about taking the xanax instead of the Kpins all you're really doing there is replacing one benzos with another. So even if the Kpins are out of you're system (btw I've been told by a therapist it could take a couple weeks) the actual benzo part of the medication isn't. By taking the Xanax all you did was help your self avoid withdrawals as well. It's just like a person on pain meds. one replaces the other. One just maybe not as strong or stronger. I hope this gives u some incentives on the benzos world. ✌❤? Good luck. P.s. And you really are on an extremely low dose that u take in the a.m. They last only about 4 hours. The drinking with them would be my concern. Most Drs.will not prescribe benzos to be who drink that amount daily. A benzos withdrawal has always been compared to an alcohol withdrawal. Both deadly.

ok, thanks for the responses, ill just start taking .25mg kpins and leaving the xanax alone till this is all said and done, also want to add what a helpful site :)

OP, you recieved a lot of great answers here. Cut your drinking and ween yourself off. You are on like the lowest dose of that drug. I personally came off 4mg a day for a few years in a week. Talk about a bitch. Your habit is still serious, but not really severe. You have recieved a lot of great info. I am going to close this. Don't forget, use the search engine for loads of info.
Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.