• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(5-MeO-DiPT) - First Time - Wasn't expecting that..

D n A

Bluelighter
My friend's supplier gave him 10 pills of 5-MeO-DiPT, or foxy, to test out in case he planned on selling some. So on the weekend we decided to test them out for ourselves and see what the fuss was about. My mom had only good things to say about it- that she had nice visuals, a good body high, and, well.. felt 'foxy.' I was curious.

We each take one pill around 3am and wait. 30 minutes later I get the 'tingles' throughout the tips of my body, a hint that the high will probably hit soon. Yet an hour later we still feel nothing except tingles. Also feeling a little horny at this point.

By 4:30-5 we agree that something has changed and that this must be the comeup.. but it is not very noticeable. I feel like I have taken 1/2 cap of MDMA, weak MDMA. I can feel my body being stimulated, and I am more wakeful. However the feeling I'm getting in my head is unpleasant, it's the kind of feeling I get when coming down off mdma and I feel weird, a sort of painful feeling. I ignore it. I'm trying to see if I have any visual distortions but nothing seems out of the ordinary. Underwhelmed, we sit around and wait for it to intensify.
A half hour later and the trip has barely changed. Though now, my friend is intensly ill, has severe nausea and stomach pains. He ends up vomiting (which is something he hasn't done from drug/alcohol use in 7 years).

I start to feel extreme stinging pain in my head around 6. I feel like ripping out my hair, and I curl up into a ball and hold my head in my hands. My friend is still not doing well either, he is also laying down and in pain, but it is his stomach that is bothering him. The high I feel is now a little more intense and I notice some extremely minor visual patterns forming on the walls, and upon closer inspection I see that the walls are 'dripping' a tiny bit. Nothing spectacular though.

I decide to do a line of k in hopes that it will take away the pain I have in my head, since normally it helps with pain from mdma comedowns. I feel a little bit better but the pain is still immense. Worst head pain I have ever felt. We lay down for the remains of the 'trip' and wait for the pain and nausea to die down before trying to get some rest.

We feel fine the next day, but both had a not-so-pleasant trip and don't plan on trying this again. I'm wondering if we should have taken more, or combined it with MDMA, would this have given us the effects we had in mind? Or is this head pain/nausea, minor visuals, minor high all that we were supposed to feel?

substancecode_5meodipt

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't experienced head pain but a shit high and GI problems are in line with my experiences with this drug. Some people dig it but to me its one of the least appealing tryptamines...

yeah, some people are all excited that he has it, but I agree, shitty high and not worth the pain and nausea. I'd rather take mda, get fucked and have some minor visuals and feel wonderful. Eh. Oh well, at least I tried it out or I'd never know!

That doesn't sound like a very positive experience. Do you have any idea of what the dose was?

I recently had the pleasure of experiencing a unique foxy trip at 20mg. My girl friend dosed with me... It was her first time with this particular material... and it was my 3rd time using the material. I had a pretty good time. I was getting caffeine like effects 30 minutes in and that developed into more of a trip space. 2 hours after dosing I was feeling a nice euphoria... the wold felt magnificent. Between 30 and 90 minutes I felt too hot or too cold, and felt like I had no direction, but I wanted when. At 2 hours I felt as though I could not help, but to go in the direction I was going, and that it was completely beautiful that I was going in that direction. I felt marvelous. My body felt great... I felt no need to utter a single word, and actually asked my girl friend if we could stop talking... It may have confused her at the time. She didn't feel much until 2.5 hours into when she was struck with a massive nausea. She could not move and was cuddled up inside a bunch of blankets. I got into a somewhat acid-like trip... Sounds were completely skewed for both of us. Music sounded completely different... very muddled and very low in tone. Talking was funny... I felt good for the next hour or so, but her nausea bugged me out a bit... I felt bad. I decided to cook some hamburgers... and eating one was somewhat difficult, but made me feel much better. Cooking it was hard, I was getting distracted by how interesting everything looked. Overall it was a wonderful experience, and I feel that I really was in good vibe with the material. My previous 2 trials (12mg and 8mg) were not that great, and I had some GI problems that lasted for the entire experience. Some parts were good, others were not.

Other people I have talked to have enjoyed the 20 mg dose. I may take it down to 15 next time... or I might do 20 again.... maybe 6. not really sure. I don't know many people who have experimented with this material. The first time i received it was from someone who enjoyed it a whole lot, but I didn't know him well and was unable to talk to him much about it. ah well!

I guess it hits people differently. Seeing as your gf had a bad experience probably equal to what we had, yet you had a wonderful experience just as my mom and her boyfriend did with it. I wonder why..
And im not sure how much the dose was but I'll find out next time i see my friend. I said I'd never try it again but im wondering maybe if I tried taking 2 that I'd experience the good effects I've heard about.. but that could also be a bad idea.

It may just take some time getting used to the material. Its still hard to judge the worthiness of this material. My third experience with it definitely gave me a better idea of what it was about. I feel that if I use it again I can open up a good experience. Not sure how big I want to dose though. I've been thinking about it for a while. I've still got a decent amount just sitting around. I'll try to provide some more information regarding this material in the coming months... so check back to the big and dandy from time to time if you are interested.

I'm still trying to figure out what all the fuss is about. I really like the glowing feeling I had 2 hours into my third experience. It was really wonderful. I've experienced it in my life before. It really slowed me down and locked me into an appreciative mode. There was some sick feelings, but in that experience I may have just been vibing with the girl. She wants to try it again though... and hopefully she does. During the experience she said never again... but upon coming down she was trying to figure out what would be a better dose. Haha so we'll let you know.

A couple people I know recently enjoyed 20mg experiences. A girl I know ate some with her boy and another friend. They split, but supposedly everyone had swell times. It was all there first experiences.

Another couple of my friends recently ate 8-10mg and they both shared a weird experience.

I feel like the goal with this one is not to get fucked up... Its mostly for relaxing and feeling good. There's not much interesting effects. The higher dose made me more secure in my direction, but my other 2 lower doses just felt like a more intense caffeine high with no direction.

Sorry if any of my information is a bit ambiguous... I'm still confused as to what is so special about this chem... and why it was easier for me to obtain this than other chems I am more interested in.... Odd!

"Foxy Methoxy" was touted as some kind of crazy sex drug very early on in the RC scene which is where it became (in)famous, it still has some of the better name recognition amongst RCs amongst the general drug taking public due to the cutesy name and reputation as an aphrodisiac. It has showed up in pressed rolls from time to time, and overall is one of the better-circulated psychedelic RCs going back to the late 90s. It was scheduled early, but a huge amount of it was made and the same batches are still going around, LOL. There was even a Playboy article on it.

Unfortunately for most people it doesn't seem to live up to the hype, although, as I said, some people dig it ... For myself and most people I've corresponded with, though, it's sister compound 5-MeO-MiPT ("moxy") is much more interesting, but sadly, it is much less available and often significantly costlier. Sadly, a drug's popularity and distribution are not always correlated to it's actual good qualities.

That being said, however, if you can get past the nasty GI effects, Foxy can be pleasant, rewarding, and, indeed, erotic ... Or so I'm told. I could never get past the GI effects and projectile diarrhea and vomiting don't get me going in that department :p

I didn't feel nauseous at all, just the head pain. I did notice it was kinda erotic though. Hehe.
I'll probably end up giving it another try, cause you never know, sometimes the effects can hit you differently. Or if not, I'll see if I can dig up some moxy as you say. I might just get lucky!

This was one of my favorites back before the 2003 ban. I did it about 10-15 times in college. The memories are a little hazy now but i do remember both the potential positive and the negative body load. For me it was mainly muscle tension and gas but do a lil research and it apparently gets alot worse. It must be an individual thing. I would suggest a 2mg tester and see how the GI and muscles feel then give it another go depending

5-MeO-DiPT comes with MAJOR physical side-effects. It's why most people prefer 5-MeO-MiPT to 5-MeO-DiPT. MiPT is very similar except with a warmer euphoria and a less body-load / nasuea.

I've never taken 5-MeO-DiPT and not purged (thrown up) afterwards.

Besides that small flaw, I find 5-MeO-DiPT to be a wonderful psychedelic. The visuals are not unlike the visuals produced by LSD.

5-MeO-DiPT comes with MAJOR physical side-effects. It's why most people prefer 5-MeO-MiPT to 5-MeO-DiPT. MiPT is very similar except with a warmer euphoria and a less body-load / nasuea.

I've never taken 5-MeO-DiPT and not purged (thrown up) afterwards.

Besides that small flaw, I find 5-MeO-DiPT to be a wonderful psychedelic. The visuals are not unlike the visuals produced by LSD.

Everyone experiences it differently or perhaps at different dosages because IMHO 5-MeO-DiPT is hands down the worst RC i've ever tried. i've done it many times and at low doses it's ok but high doses will leave you scarred. the bodyload is outright painful, i've never been in so much physical agony from a drug before. i was completely delirious, throwing up black stuff, couldn't move. to say it was uncomfortable is an understatement. the worst trip i've ever had in my life was from a high dose of this stuff.

how anyone says it's in any way related to a "sex drug" must be out of their minds or only taking a threshold dose. this stuff is straight up toxic at high doses. i have no idea how any can compare it to mdma. if you change the mdma body buzz to more of a feeling of getting steel rods bolted to your skeletal system along with the feeling of someone hooking up your muscles to an electrical outlet. that doesn't feel much like mdma to me.....

Hmm... Is there anyone who likes 5-MeO-DiPT? :)

ektamine, is 5-MeO-DiPT more visual than 5-MeO-MiPT(which is not very visual drug)? I always assumed that all 5-MeO-t's aren't visual, with 5-MeO-AMT being the exception.

Haven't tried 5-MeO-MiPT

But I rather enjoyed the visuals produced from 5-MeO-DiPT.
They were like baby-LSD visuals. LSD-visuals that never fully formed.
They had a very tryptamine feel to them.

I enjoyed it (provided, I was with two of my closest friends who where also on 5-MeO-DiPT) immensly and would do it again whenever the time is due.

This is good to hear. :)
Can you compare it to other 5-MeO-tryptamines?

No, unfortunately, as I've never come across any of the others.
I greatly want to try 5-MeO-MiPT.
I've tried (Straight) DiPT and... woooooooow. But thats for another thread.

Yeah, DiPT is fucking amazing!
I'm looking towards further experimenting with DiPT this summer.

Sorry for offtopic.

DUUU(lowers1octave)uuuuuuuuuude

DiPT is the SHIT!

I find that some traces of DiPT's auditory shenanigans carries over to its 5-MeO-Counteropart, which makes music enjoyable.
Its quite a nice headspace, really, if you can get past the body load / nausea.

Yeah I think everyone reacts different cause another friend of mine did some and speaks really highly of his experience, yet I also know others (and myself) who didn't have the greatest experiences. Maybe it has something to do with diet, it's hard to say but hey at least some people enjoy it! If you guys have trip reports I'd love to read em.