View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous 5 eapb?

t6apb

Bluelighter
5 EAPB (1-(benzofuran-5-yl)-N-ethylpropan-2-amine)

just popped up on a trusty vendors site as a replacement for the APBs

info or experiences?

haven't heard of that one yet but if the structure-activity follows simpler compounds then i'd expect potency should be somewhere between 5-APB and 5-MAPB. looking forward to hearing the experience reports.

Interesting. I'm going to take a wild guess and assume this is to circumvent the APB ban in the UK? I'm skeptical that it would indeed get around that ban, as the emergency scheduling law/decree thing is pretty much a catch all clause like with the cathinones.

Is anybody familiar enough with the law as to speculate as to the legality of this compound? Or anybody have a link to the law so I might check it out for myself? I'm in the US, but it still sucks since the majority of the APBs were targeted at the UK and so I see their production in serious decline as a result. This is a shame as I newer had the chance to try one of the -MAPBs, which I would like very much to do.

yeah i wish tried MAPB..

Nah you don't. A survey on another site suggests users of 5-mapb might be considerably more likely to suffer brain zaps & dragging depression & I personally made myself seriously ill taking it. A clever bloke in ADD here at BL also suggested that 5-mapb might have the capabitity to effect or damage chromosomes.

I'm not entirely in favour of the ban, but I'm pleased to see the availability of this group of compounds to the general public heavily reduced. In a market driven drugs economy, the market itself would have weeded these compounds out & discarded them. But we have a LAW driven drugs economy!

The RC scene proves that legitimate, genuine suppliers will be respected & supported while the unscupulous ones continue only because of the market in LEGAL alternatives to banned drugs is vigorous.

I'm torn between calling for RC's supply to be banned completely in the UK, or for it to be legitimised completely. It's tricky position...

Interesting. I'm going to take a wild guess and assume this is to circumvent the APB ban in the UK? I'm skeptical that it would indeed get around that ban, as the emergency scheduling law/decree thing is pretty much a catch all clause like with the cathinones.

Is anybody familiar enough with the law as to speculate as to the legality of this compound?

It is, I would assume it was produced & maybe even tested but held back until the apbs got banned. Released 2 days after the ban took place.

PDF Here.

The substances recommended for control are:
 5- and 6-APB: (1-(benzofuran-5-yl)-propan-2-amine and 1-(benzofuran-6-yl)-propan-
2-amine) and their N-methyl derivatives.
 5- and 6-APDB: (1-(2,3-dihydro-1-benzofuran-5-yl)-propan-2-amine and 1-(2,3-
dihydro-1-benzofuran-6-yl)-propan-2-amine), and their N-methyl derivatives
 5- and 6-IT: (2-(1H-indol-5-yl)-1-methylethylamine and 2-(1H-indol-6-yl)-1-
methylethylamine).

The substances recommended for control are:
 2-(2,5-Dimethoxy-4-methylphenyl)-N-[(2-methoxyphenyl)methyl]ethanamine
 2-(4-Bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-N-[(2-methoxyphenyl)methyl]ethanamine
 2-(4-Iodo-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-N-[(2-methoxyphenyl)methyl]ethanamine
 2-(4-Chloro-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-N-[(2-methoxyphenyl)methyl]ethanamine

It actually only states these compounds, and doesn't include a catch-similar clause at all. Basically they banned x-(2-aminopropyl)-benzofuran, and the N-methyl derivative, this is N-ethyl. However, it does mean 6-apdb is gone. Can we get an N-methyl on that next please?

Nicely translated. I hope you're right because this recent TCDO in the UK actually suggests that the authorities are taking a more pragmatic view towards emerging substances than their legislation suggests. In other words, the authorities have banned compounds that they believe are too dangerous to be as popular as they are. The more people that take unresearched new drugs the more the dangers of such an activity come to light.

Why, for instance, & I'm not the only one to ask this question, have aMT & MDAI been passed over by the British authorities even while they ban Methoxetamine, NBOMes & APBs? Is it perhaps that aMT & MDAI are not particularly popular OR dangerous..? If the answer to that question is, yes, & that aMT & MDAI have not been banned because they are unlikely to cause wide-spread harm, then I hate to say it, but perhaps the authorities in Britain ARE trying to do the right thing..?

Obviously, I'll take ALL that back if they turn around & ban aMT & MDAI or any less popular & seemingly harmless drug in the next few months...

I'm torn between calling for RC's supply to be banned completely in the UK, or for it to be legitimised completely. It's tricky position...

well defo not to be banned man thats insane, i use etizolam and pyrazolam a fair bit if they went id be screwed and have to end up paying extorion for the illegal/prescrition benzos

and the other APBs were safe as houses, i took them farely regualry for years even some at redic highdoses and ive been fine

Yeah, the issue with MAPBs is that they're not that dissimilar chemically from MDMA. Like, as in one atom substitution away from being a known neurotoxin and possibly cardiotoxic (or at least not good for the circulatory system).

That doesn't stop people from safely using MDMA in moderation. Considering the extortionate price and the dubious purity of most of the 'MDMA' floating around, APB and MAPB are good substitutes. I'm dubious on the idea of chromosomal damage too, it's not like this is methyl iodide or dimethyl sulfate, some sort of powerfully evil alkylating agent. I'll go try and hunt down the thread in question in ADD but from an organic chem standpoint I don't see why that N-methyl, as I'm assuming that would be the supposed culprit being the only difference from ordinary APBs, would be any easier to let go of than the N-methyl in MDMA, so methylation of DNA seems unlikely. If there's some other mechanism at play here, that isn't the N-methyl, then it would apply to the ordinary APBs too.

Good Afternoon,

Just wanted to introduce myself. Im James Dean. I was recently introduced to this 5eapb through " a friend " or more of a tenant that I live with. Thought it would be cool to share the experience. Im middle aged and don't use a lot of drugs.

Anyway....

Wednesday 16th October was a fantastic night. Having had 2 pills between the 3 of us. I believe it was 350g pill so we are talking 233 g each.

The pill its self was well actually very normal looking. It had the obvious dots and tasted very much like paracetamol.

Normally with love hearts or mitzys it takes about 20 mins to get a tickle. With 5-EAPB it takes a good hour. But wow....what a complete difference.........

Scatty chatty and yeah, it knocked us sideways.......my god, Considering how clean and pure it felt. It was great, remembering that we do this probably every 6 months, we came up hard and fast. Personally I would say do about three quarters of a pill. You don't need a whole one.

It felt like a pill and coke mix, euphoric highs......so so good, it felt totally clean and lasted most of the night.

I need to tell you that we did have a couple of nice reefas during the evening. Yes it does bring you straight back up so sadly I cant actually confirm the exact amount of time that the actual 5-EAPB lasted.

Slightly trippy, I believe I forgot who I was for a while. I do also remember looking for a drink that I did not have. Possible hallucination for a short time.

Would I do one again ..........YES definitely. It was banging....Considering how clean and pure it felt, it was more than enough to get the job done.

Comedown?!?!?

............. waking up around 7 ish, I don't actually think I slept for more than 2 hours, due to the lack of sleep I was very surprised. Technically I did not have a comedown.....it sounds hard to believe. Groggy...YES......slight belly ache...YES no appetite....YES.

We were tired, however there was no baggy dark eyes. We looked normal.

We went for breakfast and went for a day out. Outside the holiday park, we went for a walk, came back and rested. (hey were middle-aged now!)

Great experience, ironically Meridian News did a feature on Thursday about it...

Get in there and get some before it is banned. It will get banned. Were in Surrey and will either be going to Brighton to get some more or will be looking at online options.

Happy to answer any questions.

James

Tried it and it reminded me mostly of MDAI.

There are also overlaps with 6-APB. A powerful Serotenergic but with even less stimulation. But that what was there last and lasts. This one had me laying flat for at least 3 hours, besides an occasional bump of liquid.

I don't liked it very much.