• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

40-50MG Oxy Withdrawl Question!

Mike30

Greenlighter
Hey all! New to this but figured I could use some help and support!

So about 5 months ago I was in an accident and fell into a fire pit and had skin graft surgery on my left leg. I only burned about 12% of my body. So ive been recovering from that. When I was in the hospital I was on all types of pain medication but that was only for 3 weeks. I have been taking about 50 mgs of oxy a day for the last 5 months. I have been trying to taper down but its so hard. I got to the point of snorting the oxy for about the last month or two as it wasnt helping my pain and I didnt want to take more but the last week I really been working on getting off as I have not been happy with it. I have cut back to 40 mgs a day the last week and today I took 10mgs and thats all I have left till Wednesday but dont want to ask for more (which they give them out to me upon request). My fiance has been helping me with support and Im just scared of withdrawls. I feel ok right now. I took 5mgs this morning and 5mgs at noon(its 5pm here now). When should I start withdrawing? How long will I be sick for? I just was hoping by Wednesday I will feel good enough to just tell the doc NO to more! I have pain but just want to be off these! I rather deal with pain then to take these everyday and plan my schedule around it!!! Much help would be appreciated!! Thanks all!

Usually the first time you kick opiates isn't all that bad when put into perspective later. That said your going to feel about as bad as you have ever felt before. You can do it though. Just keep telling yourself you can do it now of your own free will or you can do it later with no choice in the matter. That's usually how the game plays out.

Hey all! New to this but figured I could use some help and support!

So about 5 months ago I was in an accident and fell into a fire pit and had skin graft surgery on my left leg. I only burned about 12% of my body. So ive been recovering from that. When I was in the hospital I was on all types of pain medication but that was only for 3 weeks. I have been taking about 50 mgs of oxy a day for the last 5 months. I have been trying to taper down but its so hard. I got to the point of snorting the oxy for about the last month or two as it wasnt helping my pain and I didnt want to take more but the last week I really been working on getting off as I have not been happy with it. I have cut back to 40 mgs a day the last week and today I took 10mgs and thats all I have left till Wednesday but dont want to ask for more (which they give them out to me upon request). My fiance has been helping me with support and Im just scared of withdrawls. I feel ok right now. I took 5mgs this morning and 5mgs at noon(its 5pm here now). When should I start withdrawing? How long will I be sick for? I just was hoping by Wednesday I will feel good enough to just tell the doc NO to more! I have pain but just want to be off these! I rather deal with pain then to take these everyday and plan my schedule around it!!! Much help would be appreciated!! Thanks all!
Damn, I bet that's a type of pain very different from my arthritis. Good luck. Weed helps with WDs. Kratom helps. And loperamide is Walgreens dirty little secret :)

Thanks for the couple replies. So im at 24hr mark here in about 50 mins. I fell asleep at like 8 last night and slept all night really well. I should mention I do have Gabapetien (I take 600mg 3 times a day) and Vistril (I take 25mg 4 times a day) and 100mg Trazadones for at night. Today i took a bath feeling tired and blah! How bad is it going to get? How long? I should mention I had a bad addition about 6 years ago with blues but ive been clean since then. I remember that withdrawl damn near felt like i was going to die!

Thanks for the couple replies. So im at 24hr mark here in about 50 mins. I fell asleep at like 8 last night and slept all night really well. I should mention I do have Gabapetien (I take 600mg 3 times a day) and Vistril (I take 25mg 4 times a day) and 100mg Trazadones for at night. Today i took a bath feeling tired and blah! How bad is it going to get? How long? I should mention I had a bad addition about 6 years ago with blues but ive been clean since then. I remember that withdrawl damn near felt like i was going to die!

Blues ? Like oxy or Valium ?
You have gabapentin , it makes all the difference - almost like cheating ...... You should just have a touch of flu like symptoms and a little mental fuckery , but I wouldn't think bad at all , should be feeling good enough to tell the doc no more come wed. - or get a bottle to market if you are sure you can keep your fingers outta them ; )

Blues ? Like oxy or Valium ?
You have gabapentin , it makes all the difference - almost like cheating ...... You should just have a touch of flu like symptoms and a little mental fuckery , but I wouldn't think bad at all , should be feeling good enough to tell the doc no more come wed. - or get a bottle to market if you are sure you can keep your fingers outta them ; )

Yea blues as in oxy 30's. When I lived in the south they where so easy to come by and a few girls I hanged around with got me on them.Sadly that and zanax so I prob was withdrawing from both then. Im at hour 26 and feel tired but defiantly dont feel sick. I can eat i ate lunch and been snacking all day. Ya i have a script for Gab, Vistril and Trazadone. They have no problem giving me the Gab as its a big relief for my burn (as some of my nerve endings come back). Im hoping tonight i Will be able to sleep like last night but taking hour by hour right now!!

You have some good meds. I would be careful with the vistaril at night as it can increase the restless legs.

Figured I check in with you guys! I kept busy today! Last night I slept really good again. Woke up twice but only for like 10-15 mins and I was back asleep. Today I feel very tired but not sick. I ate just fine today. No runs or anything like that. Just kinda foggy...So question is am i out of the clear so is it going to hit me yet! Im on hour 52 with no Pain meds!!

Figured I check in with you guys! I kept busy today! Last night I slept really good again. Woke up twice but only for like 10-15 mins and I was back asleep. Today I feel very tired but not sick. I ate just fine today. No runs or anything like that. Just kinda foggy...So question is am i out of the clear so is it going to hit me yet! Im on hour 52 with no Pain meds!!

Day 3 is usually the worst but I wouldn't expect it to be drastically different than today. If you start feeling restless I walk outside can help a ton.

Hmmm...hour 52 and feeling pretty good? My guess is you are over the worst of it. Especially if you are sleeping. Years and years ago I was on opiates for about the same amount of time as you (6 months) and finally had surgery and quit taking them. I had rls and insomnia for about 72 hours and then I was perfect. I literally still remember the moment I felt like I was better when I quit back then. That's the beauty of short habits - the recovery is so much quicker. Of course, fast forward 13 years (9 of which was on opiates - no issues in the other four years) and the experience is MUCH different. I don't recall suffering any paws from my 6 month stint or anything.

Congrats on getting out while it is less painful. Good choice!

- VE

Hmmm...hour 52 and feeling pretty good? My guess is you are over the worst of it. Especially if you are sleeping. Years and years ago I was on opiates for about the same amount of time as you (6 months) and finally had surgery and quit taking them. I had rls and insomnia for about 72 hours and then I was perfect. I literally still remember the moment I felt like I was better when I quit back then. That's the beauty of short habits - the recovery is so much quicker. Of course, fast forward 13 years (9 of which was on opiates - no issues in the other four years) and the experience is MUCH different. I don't recall suffering any paws from my 6 month stint or anything.

Congrats on getting out while it is less painful. Good choice!

- VE

So had my Appointment Yesterday and I did get a refill for bad days....I was hurting pretty bad yesterday so I broke down and took 20 mgs. at about noon or so and thats all I took. But then that night sleeping i woke up with RLS and Insomnia so i took 2.5mgs and then I could go back to sleep. Today I feel pretty good with no intentions on taking any more anytime soon. So question is how far of a set back am I now since i should be on day "4". Am i back to day 1 now? How long will it take for me to be able to take 1 here and there when I can barley sleep or get out of bed but no withdraw from it? Do i need to wait a certain period? Just very frustrated....

Its hard to say but you definitely set yourself back. You will probably have some withdrawal symptoms the day after you take opiates from now on unless you put a lot of time between uses.