• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(4-Fluorococaine/50mg) First time Experience: 4-FC is not for me.

mangletron

Greenlighter
Edit: I have no evidence to suggest the substance described below actually was 4-FC. Please be very careful and suspicious with any substance labeled as 4-FC. Note that this Trip report probably does not accurately describe an actual 4-FC experience.

Substance info

Substance: 4'-Fluorococaine.
Dosage. 10mg@t0 10mg@t+1Hr. 30mg@t+2Hr
ROA: Insufflation
Onset: 4 Hrs from 1st dose.
Time to peak: 7 Hrs. from 1st dose.
Duration: 24Hrs from onset till baseline.
Rating: Moderately unpleasant waste of my time and braincells. I will give this substance another chance at a lower dosage before destroying what's left.
Description: Slightly off-white granular crystalline material. Imagine sugar with much smaller crystals.

Subject info:

Weight: 190 Lbs
Height: 6'3"
Experience level: Amateur. I have recreational experience with Cocaine, various amphetamines, mushrooms, MDMA, a-MT, many of the 2c-x family, as well as 5Meo-DiPT. I enjoy stimulants and have never had a negative psychedelic journey. I normally exist in a calm, positive state of consciousness with no natural affinity for anxiety or paranoia.

Description:
4-Fluorococaine is is a fairly new and unreasearched cocaine analogue that may not be available to all markets. Online research papers assert that it's about on par with cocaine as a Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor, and 60-100x more potent than cocaine as a Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor. Before purchasing this compound I scoured the web for information and was unable to come up with any useful trip report or detailed firsthand information. I have created an account here today for the sole purpose of providing more info to those curious about this substance.

Summary:
In summary I found this substance to deliver effects completely dissimilar to those of Cocaine or any other stimulant that I have had experience with. At the dose I tried, I believe 4-FC to be more of a mild deliriant than anything else. I feel that in this particular sitting I consumed too much of this substance. I am willing to try this substance once more at a later date with a smaller dose.

Experience
3 hours after an allergy test I administered the first dose of 4-FC @ 10mg insufflated. No burning, mild smell of mothballs. No perceived changes in mood or mental state for the next hour.

t+1hr: 10mg insufflated once more. No perceived changes in mood or mental state for the next hour.
t+2hr: 30mg insufflated. I continue surfing the web and discuss the happenings of the week with my SO who has just come home from work.
t+4hr: Up till now I have been idly wasting time web browsing and listening to music. At this point I have dismissed 4-FC as being a disappointment and discuss with my SO what we should cook for dinner.
t+4:15: While reading a recipe I feel a mild alteration in my consciousness. Colors seem brighter and I feel like I've just smoked a fair sized joint. This is pleasant.
t+4:30: Rapid come-up in the past 15 minutes. It's happening. Heart rate has increased somewhat, though I perceive no feelings of stimulation or euphoria. I feel an overwhelming sense of confusion and weight on my shoulders. I am having trouble focusing on what I am reading. Music does not distract me or provide any comfort. I am able to converse with my SO as if sober, though this rapid onset has taken me by surprise and I feel panic sneaking up on me.

t+4:40: Dysphoria. Lights and movement make me feel uneasy and on edge. I decide to retire to my bedroom to seek a more peaceful existence. I am conscious of my heartbeat, but it is not much above normal. The bed brings me physical comfort but my mind cannot be set at ease. I feel cold and begin to shiver uncontrollably.

t+4:50:I feel anxious and my shivering is spasmodic, irregular and uncontrollable. I should have cleared my browser history. Feelings of malaise intensify and I cannot find a comfortable position. I don't like my bedroom anymore and the thought of human contact frightens me. I feel as if death is imminent and hope it comes quickly. I realize that's a fucking poisonous train of thought and decide to have a shower. My sense of time is way off. I feel like I've been in the bedroom for hours but it's only been 10-15 minutes.

t+5:00: I bring my cellphone into the bathroom so I can keep track of time. I don't want to spend an hour in the shower. Shower feels good and I observe no vasoconstriction. Shower also feels very long and luxurious but proves to last only 4:00.

t+5:10 I am back in bed feeling very anxious. My nose is constricted and I have the worst cottonmouth ever. Movement or social interaction seems impossible. I focus on regular deep breathing and try to bring my thoughts somewhere more positive. I am experiencing mild closed and open eye visuals, which I try to enjoy. Spinning purple checkerboard vortexes and some very psylocibin like patterns are visible. The effects continue to intensify, and I feel like the world is closing in on me. I have an unpleasant sensation of inner restlessness and decide that the bedroom is not a good place. My pupils are somewhat dilated, my eyes are bloodshot and I feel cobwebs in my head. I am incapable of moving and my mind is filled with nonsense words. I have an internal dialogue in gibberish and nothing about the world makes sense. I get dressed and go to the kitchen 3 times before i realize I am naked in bed and it was all a dream.

t+6:40. Random twitching. I feel around in the dark and find a cup of water. This motion feels easier than I feel it should have been, and I am unsure whether I am dreaming or awake. I get out of bed and turn on the light. Explosion of patterned visuals. I see myself in the mirror and note that my eyes look like two piss holes in the snow. I can barely find my way out of the room.

t+6:50 I find that once I'm out of bed I feel more human. I decide I should occupy my mind and body with a task to distract from manic negative thoughts. I marinate a steak and prepare some vegetables. I am surprised that despite how fucked up I felt in bed that I was able to carry a conversation and marinate a steak. My taste buds are hypersensitive, and the smell of vinegar makes me dizzy. Visuals are only possible in pitch black silence.

t+7:30 I found comfort in the routine action of eating. I think the effects are subsiding. I tuck SO into bed, and find that music/movies are entertaining and comforting. Sexual function does not seem to be affected by this compound.

t+8:30 I retire to bed. an uneasy restless sleep comes without much effort. I look forward to the end of this.

t+15:30 I am woken by the alarm clock and wake up in a state of confusion and anxiety. My lips are crusted and cracked and my mouth is so dry I almost can't breathe. Water helps but I am in the same delirious state as shortly after the peak. I am vibrating uncontrollably and am convinced I'll soon be dead. I was really hoping the effects would have subsided by now. I calm myself down and drift off to sleep. As I drift away my breathing becomes increasingly shallow untill it halts and I wake up with a start. Once again my mind is filled with gibberish words and I feel lost in the universe. I drift off into a very vivid and lucid dream only to awake with a start out of breath. I force myself out of bed.

t+17:30 I get a drink and brush my teeth. I look and feel stoned but sense light at the end of the tunnel. For the first time, feelings of anxiety are subsiding. I check my email and busy myself with routine internet tasks. Music comforts me but the thought of interacting with the outside world gives me a dark empty feeling.

t+18:00 I eat breakfast. I feel no hunger but also feel no desire to stop eating. I am spaced out and if I lose mental focus my mind goes back to churning out worst case scenarios.
t+19:00 I am fatigued and go to my bed to rest. I am once again paralyzed and thrust into paranoia mode. My eyes are dry and mouth parched. I cannot get comfortable. fuck this shit.
t+19:20 I get up and shower once again. I get dressed and go for a walk. It's a nice sunny day and I need Chinese food. I feel a strong body stone and general apathetic state of mind.
t+20:00 Chinese food. I can't tell if my voice volume/modulation is appropriate while I'm ordering. Judging by all the stares I believe I was probably shouting.
t+21:00 After scarfing my food and catching transit back home, I still feel possessed by a negative entity but much less so than previously. I busy myself with domestic chores and experience bad cramping gas and forceful liquid shits. Fortunately I don't place much trust in the average fart.
t+24:00 I finally feel like my old self again.

I did not derive much pleasure from my experience with 4-fc. Even if it may be enjoyable at a lower dose, I feel that the long duration and lack of definite stimulant or euphoric effect makes this substance of little value recreationally.

Last edited:
Thanks for the report. What strikes me the most is the long onset. 2-4 hours? Possibly you are feeling the effects of a 4-FC metabolite rather than from the drug itself, which apparently is not active directly.

thanks for the report, great read and well written. I was thinking of experimenting with this one but it doesn't seem worth it obviously. Interesting that it may be a pro drug for something else entirely, maybe you just had too high of a dose in that case, which could explain the dysphoria and anxiety.

Cocaine is actually very close in structure to atropine-type drugs. While cocaine does not have anticholinergic properties it is not too surprising its derivatives do.

I am willing to bet almost anything that it wasn't actually 4-FC. Do you have any experience with any of the PVs?

I am willing to bet almost anything that it wasn't actually 4-FC. Do you have any experience with any of the PVs?

What makes you say this? Have you had a different experience? I do not have any experience with any of the PVs.

I myself have no means to verify the composition of my 4-FC and as such have no proof that it is in fact what it's supposed to be. A sample is being sent out for LCMS analysis next week. I'll report back with the findings once I have them.

Last edited:
Pyrovalerone related stimulant, .. Also I have had 4-fc.. and it was Nothing like what you described.. and I did a lot more than you did.. it had mild stimulant properties but the problems came when I drank 3 beers with it.. I feel that it created cocathylene and made feel a little ill.. other than that nothing too special.. but absolutely nothing like what you just described either

A friend and I had received a sample of 4-FC from a reputable vendor. The substance was as OP described, white and crystalline. A few quick tests were performed out of curiosity and the stuff was freely and completely soluble in both dry acetone and toluene... but would not dissolve at all in water nor in solutions of various acids.
So the conclusion was that the substance was shipped in its freebase form for whatever reason so the fact that it wasn't active when railed at that dose makes sense. In any case since I couldn't make the stuff 'railable' (forming acid salts i.e hcl/sulfate/etc) my partner decided to vaporize a 1mg sample by heating the underside of a glass pipe with a torch lighter and inhaling the vapor.
It was definitely active via this route and 1 milligram was plenty to get a feel for the substance and it was mostly as described by the OP, although his experience lasted around just shy of an hour and without any deliriant-type side effects. He described it as "comfy and lazy. Reminiscent of a strong weed buzz. Not particularly stimulating but probably not something to mess around with on larger doses. There was some heavy breathing, anxiety and paranoia even at this level."
My best guess is that many people are railing the base of this compound (which would slow absorption to the point where it has no significant effect unless substantial doses are taken), and these doses would probably be dangerous if not deadly if they were actually the water-soluble hcl/whatever salts and not the base. Then there's the possibility of active metabolites like Rorthron suggested.
I couldn't find any info on anyone else vaporizing this directly and since we can confirm that there's something going on at 1mg then the potency as listed being 60x that of regular cocaine seems plausible.
Unfortunately I don't have the means to analyze my own sample to prove that it actually IS 4-FC though.

Thought I'd pop in to say that I am almost certain that the substance reviewed in my original post was not 4-FC. At this time I do not know what it was and have no information or leads as to what it may have been.

this is such a dumb post about a chemical that there is very little info about and people that don't read it all the way through are going to be very confused the whole thread should be deleted.. fluorococaine should not give deleriant effects it should be comparable to cocaine in almost every way except it should have a slight serotonin effect which regular cocaine doesn't have it also might have a slight tingle/sting along with the numbing normally seen with cocaine.. it's relatively the same potency as cocaine pure cocaine that is not street cocaine, it's approximately twice as potent possibly three times as potent as street cocaine because most cocaine on the street is approximately 20-30% cocaine and 70-80% cutting agents such as caffiene, benzocaine, lidocaine, ephedrine and other random stimulants and numbing agents.. next week i will write a report on this chemical to clear this up..