Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(4-AcO-MET/25mg) + Cannabis - Very Experienced - A Little Underwhelming

EatMushrooms

Bluelighter
A little background: 25 years old. 6 foot tall, 150ish pounds.

So I recently decided to try myself some of 4-AcO-MET this past weekend and had a pretty good time. I've been trying out many of these different analogs recently and made my way to this. The 4-HO-MET is for sure one of my favorite drugs I've ever done, and I've had some enjoyable experiences with 4-AcO-DMT, so it stands to reason that this compound would be for me. This was a part of the newest shipment that my buddy brought in and me and a girl friend of mine were the first ones to try it. I did a good bit of research the day of trying to figure out how much to take on the first dose, and we ended up both doing a 25 mg. I also noticed that there appears to be a shortage of good info on this drug, so I'm choosing this trip to write about over some better ones for the sake of putting the info out there. We both had a great time. She was tripping quite hard and I was for a short period, but for the most part I wish I had taken 30-35 mg instead.

12:00 AM - We went to Wal Mart to stack up on supplies for the trip ahead. We got a couple bags of chips, some oranges and apples, many bags of candy, and a pack of fruity popsicles. As we left Wal Mart, we both took our dose and drove home (just a few miles home, we were home long before I felt any effects whatsoever.

12:15 AM - I can feel the drugs starting to go to work in my stomach. I feel cold but I'm sweating. Generally on the come up of psychedelics I get a little nauseas and came really close to puking, but I pulled myself together and hit the gravity bong which helped tremendously. Still have that really anxious feeling all over my body, like there is something that I'm supposed to be doing but can't figure out what.

12:45 AM - There are about six people hanging out here at the apartment, mostly everybody else is hammered drunk and me and her are starting to delve into the trip world. We smoke a blunt or two and watch some American Dad. After the first episode, the colors of the TV start to become much, much brighter than they originally were. Slight visuals are starting up, but nothing mind blowing or really much to hold my attention just yet.

1:00AM - After another couple minutes passes the visuals seem to be getting more and more and more intense with every passing second. The room almost appears to be spinning and rotating horizontally. When I don't look at it directly, there is a pattern of multi color lights in my peripheral vision that almost looks line a giant fan spinning on the ceiling. The walls are breathing. Colors on the television appear to influence the colors in the room. For example, when there is a lot of blue on the tv, the color of blue starts to flow across the room and mold with the other colors. If you are familiar with the episode of American Dad where Stan gets addicted to crack that is the one we were watching and a scene from it showed perfectly how I felt. He takes a hit of the pipe and everything in view instantly turns into a field of flowers and a beautiful landscape.

1:30 AM - I soon start to get this pressure on my chest, almost like somebody was pressing up against me. I was a little worried at first because I was taking a new drug and had never felt this before, but it only lasted a few minutes. It wasn't awful but definitely not a fun experience. We decide to throw on a movie (me and my friends tend to watch a ton of movies on drugs) and finally narrowed it down to How to Train Your Dragon because me and her had never seen it I read that the animation is beautiful and brilliantly done (which it was, at least on this psychedelic.

I missed the first good bit of the movie because of some Lifesavers gummies. I ended up getting the pack out of the kitchen and sat it down next to me but didn't open it yet because they have three dogs and I wanted to eat my candy without having to fight off the beasts. Eventually my drunk friend started asking for some, which then turned into the entire room wanting some. My friends on the other couch were trying so hard to get me to give them some, but I was having a great bit of fun not letting them. I just sat there with it unopened and giggled for probably five minutes at the fact that every single thing in that room (animal and human) was watching my every move, all over some candy. I eventually opened it, and just like that the whole bag was gone. I honestly got more enjoyment from the candy when it was still in the bag.

2:30 AM - It's starting to get late, and most everybody but my drunk buddy, me, and the girl tripping with me either left or went upstairs to bed. Now that I could lay on the couch and turn off the lights in a much more chill environment with all the drunkards gone, I was really starting to peak. This part of the trip is really blurry to me. I remember having a really, really, really fucking hard time following the movie. I couldn't at all grasp the concept of the movie, and all I got out of it was that there were dragons, sometimes they were good and sometimes they were bad. I had to keep asking my sober friend (well he was drunk, but not tripping) questions about everything that was happening, and some of the time I would either miss what he said or just forget completely as soon as he said it. I lost all interest in smoking weed right when I started to peak, which is usually the opposite of how I normally am.

Now something bad did happen during that last movie. My friends dog ended up having a minor seizure at one point. I had never seen it happen and neither had she, but our friend swore up and down that it wasn't a big deal and didn't really want to keep talking about it. I worried about it for awhile but he seemed fine after awhile so I put it out of my head.

3:00 AM - Next we decide to watch Pitch Perfect. This is our tripping movie, me and her always watch it when we take psychedelics. IMO it has the perfect combo of fine women, funny shit, and music. It's really bad, we know basically every line from the whole movie. Again I don't remember much from the movie, just us sitting there tripping laughing about everything and nothing until we cried. This 4-AcO-MET really had my eyes watering, much more than I'm typically used to when tripping. I've cried from laughing before but this was much more, I'm talking about tears running down my face like a waterfall. Skip ahead to the end of the movie because I don't really know what to write about since it is so hard to reach the memories.

Time changed for daylight savings somewhere in here.

6:00 AM - Two movies in and the visuals had almost completely subsided. The body high was still going strong and the giggles were in full force, but the only thing left was just some extra brightness in the colors on the tv. Since it was daylight savings time, we were having trouble figuring out what time it actually was and how long we had been tripping for. The clocks said one thing, phones another, and we couldn't figure it out so we just said fuck it and moved on. While were waiting for another movie to finish downloading we watched a bunch of music videos on youtube.

The last movie we decided to watch was Dreamgirls, because we are both obsessed with Beyonce right now. It seemed to last fucking forever, I guess I didn't realize it was a three hour movie. About an hour in and I'm starting to come down quick. Now the urge to get high was back, so we smoked constantly for the remainder of the night. I got the munchies really bad and ate up pretty much all the food we got at the store earlier.

8:00 AM - Sometime around the seven hour mark we turned off the movie and she went to bed. I had a bit of drive to make to get home but it wasn't so bad, just suuuuuper bright outside. Soon as I get home I get a shower and then sleep off the trip.

Overall it was a fun trip. I probably wont do it again just because of the diversity and large supply of chemicals that I have at my disposal right now. I've tried new things the past couple times, my next couple trips are going to all be 2C-P (my favorite drug, second place not even close) and the 4-HO-MET (always have a great trip on this one). It is worth a try, but it definitely isn't in my top 5, maybe not even top 10. The body high was pretty nice and I didn't feel overly stupid, I was actually capable of taking care of myself and doing things I normally couldn't do on psychedelics. The visuals were fairly cool but nothing to write home about. Maybe they are better at a higher dose, but there are other chemicals I'd rather take for visuals. In all, I guess I rate it a 6/10 on my first dose.