Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

4-ACO-DET (15mg orally) - First time - Worthwhile Introduction

Pfafffed

Moderator: PD
Staff member
4-ACO-DET (15mg orally) - First time - Worthwhile Introduction

Background: I have experience with dozens of research chemical psychedelics from a variety of classes. I have no tolerance and am not on any medications that might interfere.

Setting: I was at home in a comfortable location, fully fed and mildly caffeinated. The goal is to create the opportunity for emotional warmth, attention, and intimacy after a busy month.

3:40 - 15mg on an empty stomach. Probably need to eat soon, but not feeling hungry just yet. Hands are cool, though. I wanted to start at 10, then move to twenty. Decided instead to start at 15mg. I can always take a booster if I want.

3:48 - Alerting.

4pm - Onset. Simultaneously some energy and paradoxically some sleepiness, as well. I eat an apple with peanut butter.

5pm - Listened to music and enjoyed a brief walk outside over the last hour. My friend was tripping far harder than expected from their low miprocin dose, so I cuddled with them to make sure they felt warm and safe. After a while, they initiated and we had some great, extended sex. After, they eat some curry and I have some tortilla chips and salsa, and we retire to watch a heartwarming film together as planned. Some jaw tension.

6pm - Dropping off now. I'm experienciang pleasurable muscle tension, like yoga. It feels like the pleasure-pain of stretching. Same little pleasurable chills as earlier, but more noticeable. I take some magnesium. Some gassiness developing. It's fine, though.

8pm - Mostly down, but still a noticeable +/-

11:30pm - Despite having been down for a while, I'm having a hard time sleeping. While the duration of this was short, there is a restless body energy in my legs that it causing insomnia. I've had worse, but it's notable.

Conclusion:

Where to start. This was a perfectly great dose, and I really enjoyed my experience throughout. In a lot of ways, the dose was too low for the material to show its true colors, I think. In that, it was a +. In others, the intensity was comparable to a ++ or +++. I will settle on calling this a light ++. There were a few moments where had I taken more the stimulation could have led to anxiety, but I was far from there. At no point was I departing the realm of the familiar cognitively, but I think another 5mg would have pushed me over the threshold to a strong ++ or +++. I could see enjoying this using a staggered dosing schedule to ease myself in, as with 4-AcO-MET.

The headspace was light but rich, developed, and full. At higher attack doses, I would expect it to be comparable to 4-AcO-DMT. This felt...hard to characterize. It was a bit indistinct. Slightly more 'synthethic' feeling, but not alien or unfamiliar. It was rather subdued and greyscale in its neons. It was approachable, but lacked the warmth of 4-xxx-MET.

The visuals were not strong, but would likely be at a higher dosage. There was a lot of color enhancement and a sharpness akin to 4-AcO-MET. I didn't pay them a lot of attention. There were some pleasantly neon grey scale pastel CEV fractal suggestions at times during the peak.

It wasn't an inherently erotic substance despite the pleasant feelings in the body. Neither was it particularly emotionally rich. That said, sex was easy enough to undertake and exceedingly enjoyable.

All in all, it was a rather neutral drug. I could see the 4-HO-DET flavor being pretty muddy and deep comparatively, if I were to guess. This was rather more clearheaded and non-directed. For something that didn't immediately show off a lot in the way of style or flare, I really liked it. While 4-xxx-MALT was bland and 4-HO-DiPT was void-like, this was full and satisfying. I think it's an entirely respectable psychedelic that, while I don't know entirely what to do with it, seems like one entirely worthy of developing a relationship with. I'm glad I had this positive first experience and not a whiff like my second 4-xxx-MPT experience, because it would be a shame to miss out on a worthwhile material like this one.

While this is preliminary and I don't know how long it will take me to get back to it, I would compare it somewhat in application to LSD. It's similar in application and valence, even if it doesn't have the sinuous quality and flavor nor all of its annoying side effects. I couldn't take this and "expect" to have a recreational experience, one where I'm not challenged. The opportunity to be challenged is definitely there even if the experience can be as easygoing and enjoyable as this one was. Honestly, it was the least anxious experience I've had in a while, even more than my last two (excellent) 5-MeO-MiPT experiences. I am fairly eager to explore this one again, both because I liked it and because I want to get a better feel for its character now that I've dipped my toe in.

Sounds lovely! I have tried 4-HO-DET once, and experienced a somewhat dark trip that focused on my mortality and the frailty of life. It had a lot of content and was not in any way a bad trip, but it was not a "love and light" sort of thing. I actually have 4-AcO-DET, and 4-HO-DET... I have really slacked on trying all of these tryptamines and writing reports!

Yeah, people often describe it as having a dark, morbid, and/or occultish vibe. Other people describe it as being all cotton candy, kittens, and rainbows. Not knowing what to expect from it was a big factor in me leaving it alone for so long. I still don't really know what to expect from it, but I get the impression that it likely plays well with me.