• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2CB "Plastic" high

Yeah it is typical for the shallowest of the psychedelics, and IMO at least half of the 2C-X phenethylamines (like 2C-B) that I've tried are relatively shallow and not deeply spiritual like a lot of tryptamines. With 2C-B there is a lot of eyecandy, photoshop like effects, embossing, and with very acute ROAs and or high dosages they can be hard or impossible to avoid, although they still leave a lot of people relatively unaffected as a person. Especially if they are experienced. The effects can be uncanny though, and weird me out - for example a week ago when I took it there was a huge echo over everything and I found a movie that I watched on the tail end ridiculous but I'm sure it was not meant to be like that.

At lower dosages there is more emphasis on getting in touch with your feelings and bodily sensations and it can be especially good for talking, having sex or partying. At dosages that are too low I don't think there is much of a trip to 'turn on', but yes there is malleability that I explained and if you focus on it and, say, meditate... it can still be interesting and worthwhile.

For some people getting extensive experience with other stronger psychedelics and also getting chronic tolerance may spoil them a bit, especially if they like to go fear & loathing style or some shit like that. But appreciating the lesser things can turn out very enlightening (figuratively speaking) if you can manage your patience, your peace and your desires.

That's really helpful. While I enjoy the the spirtual experiences that DMT and larger doses of shrooms gave me, I really enjoy the "calmness, acceptance, and inner peace" feeling that phenethylamines provide.

Sure, I think they are different therapeutic experiences. Deeply spiritual / existential messed up trips (including one with dissolved ego boundaries) are rather entheogenic and are more about what you are in the world... but another kind of therapeutic experience ir rather entactogenic, it can produce realizations about who you are to yourself and other people... it's not always necessarily just one or the other, but I definitely agree it is one of the ways that sets apart phens from other substances and it is a big part of what makes the potential of a psychedelic.

Only phens Ive done are mescaline and 25c-nbome and I actually had a friend that's heavy into phens tell me that the 25c experience is extrememly similar to 2cb... 25c did have an adverse reaction when I dosed too high and smoked a bit of cannabis. But Im wondering had I kept my dose more appropriate and skipped the weed it would have been more of an easy carefree trip.

Mescaline for me was fairly deep and capable of causing a frightening introspective experience and sometimes Id like to trip without that weight on my shoulders. I find LSD pretty decent for this...but Im looking for something more shallow and less "cosmic" so maybe Ill try 2cb next if I can locate it.

in the 40-50mg range the visuals become overwhelmingly patterned and saturated, yet it is still somewhat easily navigable mentally.

I always thought this about 2C-B... I'm revising my opinion somewhat though after Friday (37mg). I had a very emotionally deep trip, and while it was entirely easy to navigate and pleasurable, with no rough spots at all, it did provide me with a beautiful and worthwhile experience. 37mg was my highest dose by 7mg, and I had 30mg once only when I had a lot of tolerance build-up. I also had a deep experience with it in combination with LSD, but that's to be expected.

Erowid mentions that 2CB is a "plastic" high, and that in lower doses you can seemingly "enter or exit" a psychedelic state.

Essentially, like a light switch, you can choose whether or not you want to "trip". Anyone have any real experience with this? I have always had an interest in 2CB (since it's much less common and the fact that it's supposedly much easier on you) and am trying to figure out all I need to know.

Thanks

This is an exact description of 2C-I

While 2C-B lacks the depth of LSD (what doesn't?) I wouldn't go messing around with some of the doses mentioned here. 25mg should be more than enough/enough. At small increments above this (read Shulgin, he says the same) 2C-B's potency can increase alarmingly for the drug naive. I once hit 60mg, kinda by mistake, and spent 4 hours digging myself out of my girlfriend/the carpet. The good thing about 2C-B is its consistency when it comes to the longevity of the trip. 4-6 hours and you're done.

My personal experience with 2CB is slightly from the ones described here. This is, I find it absolutely unpredictable.
I did 4-5 times and well, the two "opposite" experiences are:
I once consumed around 150mg during a whole day (basically in 2 big doses) with a friend of mine. We tripped for 12h, and hallucinations have been the best I've ever had. For example, I had the feeling to be as big as an ant, I had the impression of being on the moon while I was just lying on my mattress, I had full 3d-solid hallucinations and so on. This said, I still always managed to keep the trip under control, to enter and exit it. I managed to take the metro, take a bus, talk fluently, count money, find my way home etc. With very few confusing moments.
On the other hand, on another occasion I just had 20mg of it during a festival and well, things got way more out of control. Despite not having so strong visual hallucinations (physical sensations were, on the contrary, way stronger than the other experience), my speech and my reasoning were absolutely slowed down. I couldn't make more than 50m without getting lost. It was still really pleasant, but not so "easy".
The 2CB was the same in the two experiences, and doses had been carefully weighed.
This said, I agree with the fact that the coming down is really an easy, clean one, when compared to many other psychedelics. I also agree with the fact that the hallucinations are usually very colored, shiny, and that it's less introspective than psylocibin or LSD. And I didn't see mentioned the fact that it's a very potent aphrodisiac; the most aphrodisiac substance I've ever tried.

curious if you know whether you have the HBr or HCl salt, Xorkoth...or something else.

the 25c experience is extrememly similar to 2cb...

i would disagree with this. i only tried 25c twice (in combination with 25i), but i found 2c-b to be a lot "better"

i would say 2c-b is closer to LSD-light...is has a lot of the same effects, but not as intense or extreme or deep

I'm not really sure, but it should be the HBr salt..
If I need to compare 2CB and LSD, I'd say that:
- 2CB hallucinations are way more colorful. And a particular type of color also. Blu, green, purple and neon-like.
- 2CB has way stronger body sensations (almost like being touched, caressed)
- I agree on the fact that it's less deep, and less absurd also.
- Of course it's also way shorter, the effect is usally over after 4 hours.

Not sure, it was a friend's. My guess is HCl because it's pure white, I've had HBr before that was not. Also I believe I recall knowing it was HCl at some point years past. It was from that first guy who surfaces making it available years back, I am almost positive I remember that was HCl. I could have taken a good bit more, I'd be willing to try it at 50mg. Even 30mg of this same stuff I've had at other times is pretty underwhelming. 37mg was definitely good but I added 4-HO-MET because I wanted more, I had some visuals and a really good body feeling but it was lacking something. The 4-HO-MET added exactly what it was lacking.

I think that the being "touched" or "caressesed" thing is definitely a mescaline attribute....I had a tactile hallucination on T. Bridgessi and Pachaoi (the real deal) of thousands of womens hands caressing and massaging me... it was so intense that I could not remain seated because it was too much to handle.

people might say 2c-b is plastic but last time I took it I watched the Lion of Judah with a mane of blue neon fire and kaleidoscopic eyes stare me in the eyes and put me into a trance while I was seeing my favorite group perform.

needless to say, there is some content to it that some people are overlooking.

I'd agree that it never really gets to a point of being too overwhelming though.

Erowid mentions that 2CB is a "plastic" high, and that in lower doses you can seemingly "enter or exit" a psychedelic state.

Essentially, like a light switch, you can choose whether or not you want to "trip". Anyone have any real experience with this? I have always had an interest in 2CB (since it's much less common and the fact that it's supposedly much easier on you) and am trying to figure out all I need to know.

Thanks
LSD is also like this in low doses. :)